Translation of RivaTuner

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by WinterX, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Hybrid SyntaX

Hybrid SyntaX Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon HD 3870 CF
    Hi
    i'm trying to translate RivaTuner into persian but i have some questions...
    how can i translate that "RivaTuner support websites" section under "Links" tab ?
    i'm using translation database for translating it even i've found it and translated it but it remained same !
    also i wasn't able to translate "OK" button :3eyes: or predefined fan speeds etc ...
    and i want to know what happens if i use both resource liabrary and translation database ?
    and is it ok if i resize or change direction of texts ? or save those translation database in utf-8 encoding ?
    Thanks in Advance

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Check your text for typos, this is the only thing that can cause the problems. Or better just copy this entry from original Russian translation database (.\Localizarion\Rus\Translation\RivaTuner.exe\Dialogs).

OK/Apply buttons in the main tab are the parts of OS and cannot be localized. They are automatically translated by OS depending on your regional settings.

The same as above, search for typos in the database you're creating. BTW, there is built-in localization debugger allowing you to track all successful and failed request of localization engine to translation database. You may enable required debugging features via LocalizationDebugFlags entry in PowerUser tab.

"Translation guidelines" chapter of RivaTuner SDK documentation tells the following:

"Don't be afraid to combine resource library based and translation database based localization methods if necessary. RivaTuner first reads localized resource from resource library then tries to translate it via the database. Knowing this rule, you may always use resource library as your localization pack base and translation database for translating the phrases, which cannot be covered by resource library (for example, the text supplied to RivaTuner by plugins can be translated via the database only) and retranslating some phrases if necessary."

Yes, it is ok if you are using resource library path.

No, it won't work.

3. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
  4. Unwinder

Good job as usual, Jiang! ;)

5. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Salam! I'd love to see RivaTuner in Farsi. I hope you're still working on this as you haven't logged on in a while.

Ni Hao Jiang, well done mate!!

The link to the UK language pack is broken, I constantly get a 'Failed to connect' message.

6. Unwinder

German localization pack for RivaTuner v2.20 by jetztaber has been uploaded to the server. The link is available in the head of this thread as usual.

7. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    hi i would like a translation of the settings in poweruser area! i have looked at them for years now and realise that a little knowledge is dangerous so i have tweaked from the main pages, and left these settings alone, i have 780 a M\B with 780 chipset and 2 BFG 8800 Gt in sli mode and BE 9950 o\c to 3.2 (16 multi) and my rig is very stable. but im wondering if there is a guide for poweruse settings i could geta look at anywhere.
    thanks gurus.

8. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Chinese localization pack for RivaTuner 2.21 (2008.12.14)
    Chinese localization pack for RivaTuner 2.22 (2009.01.03)

Contents:
    - Localized user interface
    - Localized external help files
    - Localized context help system
    - Localized documentation and FAQ

http://www.newbietech.net/cn/rivatuner/RivaTunerChs.php

9. Unwinder

Well done, Jiang!

10. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Made a DUTCH translation of version v2.24c

You can download it here http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/25932663/file.html

Note:
    Doc and RivaTuner help file are still in englisch.

Download , unrar "Dutch revision2 for v2.24c" open the folder and copy /paste the "Dut" folder in C:\Program Files(x86)\RivaTuner v2.24 MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 edition\Localization\

If RivaTuner was running restart it and now you can change the language to Dutch(nederlands)

If there are typos please let me know

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010

11. Unwinder

Well done, thanks! I've added a link to your language pack in the first posting.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  12. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Sorry Unwinder but i found an error so i changed it .
    Please change the link in the first post to the new one.

I will change the link in my post above.

13. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    I wanna ask about Polish language on Riva tuner,when it will be possible any support for the Polish language in riva tuner, or I can help because it is my native language, even in times of google translator;), but if what you can count on my support possible, because the translator in its own way but not always translate perfectly.