Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Apr 10, 2015.

1. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Exactly the same after doing all those things and it seems to happen sporadically like one day like today it's fine then tomorrow it'll happen about 5 times just a very frustrating thing lol.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Are the PC servers pretty well populated still? Thinking of picking up the MP starter version for my buddy and I to player splitscreen on PC. :D

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Mod tools have been released today, so... I guess you're good, especially with a starter edition :)

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Team Deathmatch is still populated the other modes not so much.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    90% of players are in domination or tdm.

Should be bringing more players in now that there are mod tools + server browser

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    But it has been like this ever since launch. The other modes have never been "alive" really.

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    From day 1, most of the other modes had 0% users. This game is great with how many options it offers, really. Unfortunately, there just aren't enough players to fill those modes. Due to the way the mp is setup, players just go where the people are. Another common thing is people not waiting in a lobby and constantly reconnecting because it can drop you straight into a game. I do this myself and often times it works.

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Server browser?Where is that?

9. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Suppose to be in the MP menu.

But if I get the starter pack, we won't have access to the server browser lol.

10. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Yeah I found it it's at the bottom but it's little more than useless to me.I hadn't started it up in a few days so I didn't have it last time lol

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Another free weekend. On PC I've always had bad luck getting into matches even on free weekends in this game. I hope it's better now with the new stuff they've recently released.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Free weekend.
    ... meh.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  13. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Even in the first few months? I played for 6 months and never had trouble finding matches.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yes, even in the launch weekend. I had pre-purchased it. I don't live in NA or EU so my experience is different.

15. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I play this game quite often still, I love the movement system in the game as it reminds me a little of some old school arena shooters. Glad they released the mod tools beta, I didn't expect to see it for a few months more. Some great maps and mods out already!

Just picked up a LG Ultrawide 29um68 which I love and the game supports 21:9 thankfully, however the hud is stretched out :wanker: Hopefully it'll be fixable with a small mod.

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Just installed the game again, I wanted to check out the last 2 DLC packs I didn't play yet. Nobody is playing this game anymore. All I could find was a lobby with 4 people in it and a server in the server browser with one person in it. Lame.

17. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    What gametype? I play pretty often, and I have no problem finding people in TDM, Dom, SAD, and the hardcore variants.

18. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I play TDM and have no problem finding a game usually unless it's 9 in the morning on a week day lol.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, I recently finished the campaign on Black Ops III.
    And I know, "That's not why people play the games..." ... but, for some... it is.

I got the game on sale for like 20 bucks, so I still feel I got a good deal out of it. And TreyArch have always delivered the best campaigns in the series. Until now.
    This is one were I can easily say Advanced Warfare delivered the best title out of the previous three releases (Ghosts, AW, BO3).

Now, visually, it looks good. nothing amazing, but capable and at times... very nice. Story is... well... confusing as hell sometimes. There's very small ties to the previous BO titles, and it's slightly disappointing they didn't try to make the connection stronger.
    But it seems they just went way out there on the story this time.

But, overall, I was disappointed in this campaign. There was an overwhelming feeling of it just being tedious.
    When I was fighting human enemies, it was fine. Solid. They were hide, take cover... everything that is standard for the genre. They'd die in a couple hits, there was blood... feedback and reaction.

But, you spend a lot of the game fighting robots. Bland, tedious, boring robots. Enemies that do nothing but either walk directly towards you shooting... or run at you full speed to either explode or punch you.
    They don't take cover, they have no sense of self-preservation. And, while they are not much stronger then human enemies... there's little to no reaction when they are shot. It just makes for a tedious, boring experience.

Out of TreyArch's 5 entires in the CoD series (yes, I've played CoD3 on my 360) this is their worst. While CoD3 felt like CoD2 a lot, it still had a good feel to it.
    And WaW and Black Ops are easily their best releases, but sense then they've started rolling down hill.
    BO3 feels far too much like Ghosts at times. Weapons feel overly weak and empty. Player movement feels sluggish and clunky. Specially after Advanced Warfare's smoother, quicker movement.

I hope TreyArch really refocus on their next entry. But, I have worries it'll just be Black Ops 4 and it'll be even further removed then this one was.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You can see the % of players in each game mode. TDM is the most popular (over 50% of all players) and I never have problems finding a game.