My Pc boots but it freeze after 1-2 mins

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by davyon, Mar 16, 2014.

1. davyon

davyon Active Member

GPU:
    3070 EVGA
    I need some help here my friends, My PC is currently loaded in Save Mode, which i even had a lot of trouble to change the bcd to let me get here -_-.

Now when i try checking the status of my HHD which is a Seagate barracuda 1tb (2y), using HD tune Pro 4.60, when i scan it doesn't give problems, but in the health area it says 2 warnings.

Current Pending Sector: 1 (info: the drive have unstable sectors)
    Ultra DMA CRC Error Count 296

I change the cable to other one, and currently trying to scan the pc with
    for any malware, virus, or idk, if you guys have any led, or hint i havent said, please help. :C

Thx, sry bad english.

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Sounds like hard drive problem get the Seagate tools from their web site and check the drive.

3. davyon

davyon Active Member

GPU:
    3070 EVGA
    [​IMG]
    this is the current status of the Hdpro scan, for now its just 1 sector, it shouldnt be a big of a deal still, isnt the HDD sopposed to remap it or something?... or i have to do that?

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    If you run chkdsk /f/r it will remap any bad sectors but if it runs in safe mode that's odd.Install any drivers or add any hardware lately?I would back up anything you want to keep before playing around too much.I would still get Seagate's drive tools to check the drive.

5. davyon

davyon Active Member

GPU:
    3070 EVGA
    i have 2 partitions main and other with 200gb... i did a fresh install there, and it stills freeze, then retarts. After i load in safemode and check for this errors, i reboot and
    [​IMG]
    windows launched Chksdsk, i even played a little but after like 20m Shutted down with no warning. It reboot like 4 time in a row and then didnt response(elec. Protection), now here i am in safe mode again. The seagate tool, says it fail the test, i tried to fix option, and it failed too. will try Chksdsk from here.

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Yeah it's time to get what you can off the drive and replace it.

7. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    ^ Agreed...

Don't screw around anymore with it till you backup your files.

8. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Replace that drive ASAP! Get your files backed up while you can. That hard drive is breathing its very last breaths.

9. davyon

davyon Active Member

GPU:
    3070 EVGA
    i ordered WD at amazon today i expect it in about 1 week, i manage to actually run a chkdsk in a friends computer, because in mine it simple freezes, now im in windows and it hasn't crashed so far. Lets hope it keeps like that till i get the new one. i did some reseach about the Zero Fill solution... do you had hear about this? maybe i can use the drive as a slave... idk

10. Vindaloo

Vindaloo Guest

GPU:
    R7850 2Gb CF 1000/5000
    Don't use it a slave, put a hammer through it........ (once you've got that data that is!)