looking to OC 5850, stock cooling

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by validor, Nov 23, 2011.

1. validor

validor Guest

hey all, looking to push my 5850 with just stock cooling. I downloaded MSI afterburner and have a few questions:

can anyone recommend settings I should shoot for?
    about custom fan settings. Should I create them or just leave that part alone. If I should create them, could someone point me at good temperature intervals to create?

thanks all, looking for help as you can tell :)

2. Aidan777

Aidan777 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2070
    hey dude,

My 5850 could reach around 900-950mhz Core and settle at 1150mhz memory at about 1.3-1.5volts... if you start getting lockups or something then increase the volts, but you should be good for an OC around there. The highest I ever saw back then was like 1ghz core but with stock cooling its prob not worth it.

I had custom fan settings ( for temp intervals). around 35-40% fan speed, you will notice it unless you have headphones. When my card got around 60c, my fan speed was on 30% and when it hit 70 it was on max @ 40%. If you want to set your fan speed higher to deal with the temp then by all means do it however you will hear it.

I did a ton of research back then and the max temp you want your card to reach is about 70-80c (safety barrier). They say the card can handle a lot but I mean you dont want to wear it out too soon.

Since its all stock cooling just see what fits right for you :)