Windows 10 RS3 Build 16176

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What’s New in Build 16176 For PC

Windows Subsystem for Linux Gains Serial Device Support: Windows COM ports can now be accessed directly from a WSL process!

[​IMG]

More information can be found on the WSL Blog. Additional features and fixes are posted on the WSL Release Notes page – keep the feedback coming!

Changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• You can now hold down the power button on your device for 7 seconds to trigger a bugcheck. This will only work on newer devices that don’t uses legacy ACPI power buttons.
    • Narrator will work again on this build.
    • We fixed the issue causing some apps and games to crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in the Start menu and Action Center having a noticeable framerate drop in their animations on certain devices if transparency was enabled and there were open UWP apps.
    • We fixed an issue from the previous build where the Action Center could get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismissed multiple.
    • We fixed an issue where the Clock and Calendar flyout was unexpectedly missing the agenda integration for some Insiders.
    • We fixed an issue from the previous build (Build 16170) resulting in Surface Books unexpectedly doing a disk check after waking from sleep due to it bugchecking during sleep.
    • We fixed an issue from the previous build resulting in Win32 app text sometimes not rendering, for example in File Explorer, until logging out and back in.
    • We fixed an issue where the Extensions Process was suspended inappropriately during Connected Standby, resulting in Microsoft Edge becoming unresponsive on wake if any extensions had been installed.

Known issues for PC

• Apps that use the Desktop Bridge (“Centennial”) from the Store such as Slack and Evernote will cause your PC to bugcheck (GSOD) when launched with a “kmode exception not handled” in ntfs.sys error.
    • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
    • Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
    • Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
    • Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
    • exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.

Source:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...er-preview-build-16176-pc-build-15204-mobile/

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    browse button etc still broken meh

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

For those with Windows 10 mobile, the build is 15204 (not 15176), and has a label as 'feature2'. I guess if the changes are going on in Onecore it would make signficant changes on UWP devices more so than general, non-app usage desktop machines.

Silly me should have charged my phone, will have to wait until I wake up now to restart! Needs to be 40 percent charged.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Well PC Windows 16176 still no good. As soon as it got to the desktop it dropped back to the log in screen, had a fit, kept flashing the login screen and the desktop, eventually coming to a white/grey flickers mess. On fourth rebooot it managed to work. After that, the USB still doesn't work for my TV dongle, so no go. General stability seemed worse as well. I'll hold off a couple of builds and give it another go.

5. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok everything seems good here however I experienced the following stuff on this build:

When I was transferring stuff to my backup hdd, I got a complete system hang, during this time, I tried to sign off, took awhile, got the sign off screen and everything still hangin', BAD, mouse cursor was still moving, the windows loading thingy still moving, other then that, complete stop, had to do a hard reset...

2nd, While defragmenting one of my drives, I got a GSOD(Critical_Corruption_Error), This is the first bsod of this kind that I got on any win 10 build, it has to do with system memory.

I was using PerfectDisk program, and never had a problem until now.

UPDATE:

Just to let everyone know, I was defragmenting one of my usb drives, was doing two things at the same time, then I tried doing it one at a time, seems to work better this way.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. VincentHanna

VincentHanna Guest

GPU:
    Titan X
    I can't get dialogue boxes (such as Chrome 'save as') to work at all on this build.

Pretty infuriating. Edge lets you do it fine but then you have to use Edge... :D

7. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, you all remember when I mentioned in the last build(rs3 16170), thats while using chrome browser, That voulme control knob was moving on its own, exiting browser, flickering all over the place on the icons?, Well its still doing the same thing here.

DDU,etc did help a bit then it came back.

So builds 16170 and this one, while browsing, just heads up.

8. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Windows 10 Insider Preview 16179.1000 is on the fast ring:)

9. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    i downloaded and instaled so far so good !!!:)