PhysX for all! (AMD/Nvidia/Intel...)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jpcc, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    none
    First: Do not ask me how I get these files.

These files are Physx SDK 2.8.4 and 3.1 and in them are the files: "PhysXCore, PhysXCore64, PhysXDevice, PhysXDevice64, PhysXLoader, PhysXLoader64, NxCooking, NxCharacter, NxCharacter64" among many others.

In my tests, I changed by these files and got an increase of 10fps to 20fps in all games, but since I do not know enough to create a driver with these files. I ask that these files are well used to create a driver for all.

I know the CPU continues to run physx on computers without an Nvidia GPU, maybe the games have improved because they now allow physx run using multi-core CPUs.

Note1: The file "PHYSX4DCC_PhysX3_x86.dll" can be used as "PhysXCore.dll" just rename. "PHYSX4DCC_PhysX3Cooking_x86" can be used as "NxCooking.dll" or "PhysxCooking.dll" but I not recommend change.

Note2: Some games run shall go only if you replace the files in the "Common" directory that is in the PhysX driver but some others have crash.

Sorry for my English, I had to use "Google Translate", enjoy. :nerd:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    And we trust you? Not likely.

3. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz

If you say its also with physx 3.1 files, then it could be just that.

Physx 3 is known to have some drastic differences, imo its what physx 2.xx should have been from the start.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lXPuS5TWxNI

4. GMtm

GMtm Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB
    Isnt it well known that PhysX 3 uses Multicore and isnt this already included in Batman AC and shipped within the SDK/Apex?

5. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Yeah.

Batman is using some apex features but the base code is still outdated physx 2 (2.8.4). Newb Nvidia had to milk it some more -_-

6. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    none
    Just a warning, one game on Steam install an old Physx driver on my computer and now files physx sdk 3.1 does not seem to work in some games that worked before, such as "Mirrors Edge", "Borderlands" , "Batman AA", I try reinstall the driver but no avail, I use version: 9.12.203, Now I think I'll test with the version: 9.12.0209.

I like to put this topic also in the area "AMD Driver" to call people who do not have an Nvidia GPU, may I?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    2.8.4 has been multi-threaded for quite some time, it just needs more work than 3.x to enable it.

Hopefully more people start using PhysX3 though, but last I heard some developers were resistant to change from 2.8.x as they felt was 3.x was still very much beta.

Will try this myself when I get home and compare, see if there is any difference.

8. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    none
    Works fine with Physx 9.12.0209.

9. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
  10. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    none
    I also thought about it, but in Mirror's Edge, I noticed better effects and not their fault, the files that changed in my tests were mainly "PhysxCore.dll", "PhysxDevice.dll" and "PhysxLoader," none of this connected with APEX's extensions.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I hope this is better than that PhysX hack for Mafia II,

which supposedly brings better FPS.............. BY DISABLING PARTS OF PHYSX

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That's just great, but Borderlands has no hw accelerated PhysX to begin with

:rolleyes:

13. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    none
    I now, was just to say that the files also work in the borderlands, some games do not accept the new physx files.

But thanks, I'll change it.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    ok :) but what do you mean by
    Works fine Without Nvidia GPU after change the files

works fine - as in DOES NOT CRASH, or were you able to confirm PhysX visuals?

Some of the effects from Apex Destruction, Clothing and Particles are subtle,
    and in order to confirm them as working, you should really know what to search for on screen

15. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    none
    I did this topic to share these files, now I unfortunately do not have an Nvidia GPU so I can not tell if that has to change the performance for you, but i don't have an Nvidia GPU and has improved greatly, imagine for those who have.

I wait for your test, I do not have this game, I would like to know more about how these files can be used.

16. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    none
    With this files, some games are run perfectly with physx enabled even if used only the CPU, then "Works Fine" = no lags, no crash in computers without Nvidia GPU.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I downloaded and extracted your files... what do I do with them now :)

this is my PhysX/Engine file folder:

[​IMG]

18. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    none
    and...?

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super