NVStrap-Missing

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Zippo, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Zippo

Zippo New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GT (x2) SLI
    Alright... after looking at many many threads here, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get burned, but it's worth attempting.

My NVstrap tab isn't showing-

I'm just trying to find out if anyone running vista 32 has NVstrap working.

I saw also that NVstrap won't work for GeForce 9's, but as mine is 8800, and people have been able to use it for this type of graphics card, I figured it was a vista thing.

I've seen in another thread that you can run programs at an XP SP2 level on vista by going through compatibility options in the property menu of the execution file.

However this didn't work for me either.

Let me stress that I did spend quite a few hours trying to find information to fix it myself but now I'm stumped.

If someone can give me some good fashioned insight , that would be apples.

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    If the tab is missing it means you can't use it on your card. Search this forum for 8800 + Nvstrap. 8800's can't be done as I recall.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You've misunderstood it a bit. NVStrap won't work with G9x and newer GPUs, not GeForce 9 series. 8800GT is G9x GPU (G92).

4. Zippo

Zippo New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GT (x2) SLI
    kk.

Thank you for your replies and your help.

I'm in that boat of what seems a few people that are frustrated with the 3d modelling software companies (like solidworks) that don't allow these types of cards to accelerate rendered graphics.

I was hoping this may be my answer.
    I'll have to do some more reading to get my head around this stuff.
    Thanks