ati radeon Xpress 1250 driver deleted?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ghostfire231, Mar 18, 2013.

1. ghostfire231

ghostfire231 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1250
    First of all, thanks in advance to anybody who offers assistance.

I had just recently bought an inexpensive computer from a friend thats a
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
    2.20 GHz. 2.97 GB of RAM
    Physical Address Extension with
    XP service pack 3.
    with ati radeon Xpress 1250 version 6.14.10.6666

I started uninstalling programs I didn't need like MSN messenger and whatnot, and some other one I had no idea what it was for, but from what I could tell it had nothing to do with ATI. Suddenly, I tried to launch a game but it kept crashing, and afer investigating, the driver was uninstalled, and it had a yellow ! mark by its name on devmanager.

I cant rollback the driver or revert to a restore point even after setting one because Windows "forgets them." So I tried DriverMax but it wouldnt recognize the GPU and using the autodetect functions on the ATI website to download a driver, but when I try to install them, I get error messages telling me I need to run the installer as administrator (which I already am) or "Catalyst manager failed to initialize" and "failure occurred during installation, and "package incompatible with this platform."

It seems like the only reason this graphics card worked was because of the separate program already installed, and now its completely incompatible with this computer.

Are there any older versions of this driver?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  2. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC