My STX II Impressions

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by moab600, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Whos hating around here? You say they are the same; you dont own either plus both use completely different components. Tbh you sound like a creative fanboy over here

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    LOL. I'm no fanboy of either.. Like I said the STX 2 is comparable to the Zxr. He just wants it to blow the Zxr out of the water to justify his $420 purchase. Nothing more...

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You're still doing it and you're still wrong. You claimed they used the same hardware and you were presented with a bunch of variables. It seems more like you're the one looking for justification.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    If you keep this up, your gonna end up a goat skin coat. Take a deep breath and relax and remember it's his opinion, every one is allow to have one. Shoving yours down some one else throat isn't a good thing. You have your opinion and he has his.

5. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I retract my previous statement. The STX 2 just blows the ZXR out of the water and it isn't even close.. Having said that,I think I'll just get the sound blaster X7 ;)

6. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    I owned Asus STX's cards and the difference between them (STX I vs II ) is nill, then tested against Creative Z series cards, the difference is almost nill (STX has fine highs and Creative crisp, deep bass) now everyone with their taste.

After all it's all a MATTER OF TASTE in this debate (since you all jumped on the poor guy stating his onest opinion and created this "fanboy accusing mess" ).

BTW, sold the STX's (even had a profit ) and bought a cheaper, good quality (70 bucks i think) SBZ card and it works and sounds good on my 2.1 cheap and good quality Z2300 PC speakers and even better on my Aurvana Live and for extra kicks, though rarely, I plug my LCD3 for good music listening for a couple of hours and I wake up revigorated !

7. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Here we go.. A voice of reason! I agree with this! :cheers:

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm surprised you don't use the LCD3's in general to be honest, I find it difficult using lesser gear than what I have. I'm shocked to hear someone would happily use Z2300 and to a lesser extent a set of CAL's (although great cans) when they've access to high tier equipment.

What are you running the LCD3's with by the way? I'd love to see some photographs.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  9. kael13

kael13 Guest

GPU:
    CF 5870
    So it turns out I have an account here... Nice.

I just built a new rig and my Rampage V is not playing nice with my Auzentech Forte 7.1; BSODs all day after installing the driver.

Am I looking at a decent upgrade if I fork out for the STX II?

Oh and I mostly want it to drive some Z5500s. I have headphone Hi-Fi covered.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  10. qu3x

qu3x Guest

GPU:
    EVGA nVidia GTX 580
    I get a wired buzzing as soon as I drive my Z5500s with my STX. It connected via Toslink. And it doesn't matter what volume I drive them. Its a lot of racket... I guess my connector is broken. My old X-Fi handled it perfectly fine.