220 beta15 and Catalyst 12.3 issue

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by nisen, Apr 23, 2012.

1. nisen

nisen Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6770M 726MB
    hey has anyone noticed with Catalyst 12.3 drivers Afterburner registers the core and memory clocks at full speed when theres no graphics applications running, and much higher idle temps than normal. Ive no idea how to reset it or find out whats firing it up. Gonna try 12.2 little later, or go back to 12.1 if theres the same problem

edit, well its mentioned afew times in the main thread here but no explanation, i just downgraded to 12.2 (the previous 8.950.0) and its back to normal

rolf, 12.2 has the exact opposite problem, the core and memory clocks are stuck at the idle speeds, 100 and 150, tried it on Skyrim, just get a constant loading screen then freeze

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    i had no issues with the beta 15 and the latest 12.3 drivers,by now your ab beta should of expired with the release of ab 220 final,im running the latest 220 revision and its all good,also make sure your reading hardware monitor not the core clk settings

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  3. nisen

nisen Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6770M 726MB
    whats the hardware monitor?

4. nisen

nisen Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6770M 726MB
    damn these Catalyst driver updates can be touchy, the issue with core and memory clocks stuck on idle speeds carried over to reinstalling 12.1, completely borked something, and i confirmed it was actually running 100 core 150 memory ingame. Just did a system restore and looks like its back to normal. 12.1's not that old, ill stick with that for now