7970 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Foxslink, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Foxslink

Foxslink Member

GPU:
    Evga 1070 FTW
    Hi,
    Im close to sell the 7970 i currently have so im looking for a new upgrade. I play at 1080p and plan on doing some recording of games on high settings and rendering videos. Should i choose the AMD 390 or the nvidia 970? Ive read that a new line of GPU is coming this year soon, should I wait then? In any case these are the cards i found in my country so far :
    well i cant post links , if anyone could please allow me to do so

i did some research on the 390 and it performs slightly better than the 970 and since it's AMD it performs better going towards the future for 3 reasons:

1)It has better dx12 support (thanks to dx12 taking a lot of elements from mantle)
    2)It won't get nerfed like the 970 probably will (seeing as Nvidia did this to the 7xx series and got great results, they will most likely do it again to force more people to upgrade)
    3)Freesync panels are at least $100 cheaper than an equivalent Gsync panel (if you are looking at using some adaptive sync technology).

What are your thoughts?

Looking forward to your reply

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
  3. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wait for new GPU's if you can. You're looking at a June/July release iirc, someone might have new information on that though.