Where to find the BIOS for flashing my card with Soft9700?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by PeeWee, Feb 2, 2003.

1. PeeWee

PeeWee Guest

Hello
    I've been searching and searching for a place where I can download a new BIOS if i need to flash it with Soft9700...

I also wonder where i could find the SoftFireGL drivers. I tried the ones from DELL but they didn't work at all.

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9500 NonPRO 128mb (with 256-bit PCB)

And just by using Soft9700 it didn't work, so i wonder if it would work better if i flash the BIOS.
    BTW i cannot clock my card more than 310MHz on the memory without artifacts, nothing strange with that. But my CORE clock goes at least to 370MHz (haven't tried any further).

Now to the strange thing, it makes NO difference if i have 300 Mhz (CORE) or 370 Mhz.
    So i thought it could be the BIOS...

One more question :p
    I have a tbird 1ghz and i wonder if the CPU might stop the OC proccedure or is it the BIOS?

Plz answer any of these questions, I'd be very glad though I have been looking for answers for a long time :/

Greetings

2. FinalFantasy

FinalFantasy Guest

The reason why you can not overclock your card is because it is "locked" at the level of the bios. It has nothing to do with your CPU.

But I am sure that you did not install soft9700 correctly. because rivatuner with soft9700 should allow you to overclock. So try to install rivatuner again CAREFULLY.

If you still want to flash a new bios that is "unlocked" you can get it from here:

www.3dchipset.com/bios/index.php

3. PeeWee

PeeWee Guest

Thanks for the reply

Well, I forgot to mention that I've succeeded to mod it with Soft9700 and i get about 1000 extra pts in 3dmarks. But there are artifacts....
    I wonder if a BIOS change could help. And what can happend if I flash my BIOS ? I've heard that it might damage the card.

Thanks