Need sum elp!

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Advis, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Advis

Advis Guest

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    Hiya peeps!

I'm buying a pair of ELSA 3D Revelators for the grand total of £2.41 (thats inclusive of £2.40 delivery) but I'm not sure if they will work. I have my monitor set at 75hz refresh rate on 1024x768, can go to 85hz on 640x480. Can I use them or can I not. I will have to use the NVIDIA stereo driver because there Is no CD coming with them.

Cheers

2. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    You will want a better refresh rate than 85. You should check if there are updated drivers for your monitor they might have a higher refresh rates. I prefer to use a min of 100Hz but I have a Viewsonic PS775 that does 120Hz @ 1024x768. The thing to remember is that when using stereo this splits the refresh rate in half so really you get only 42.5 with 85hz. 42.5 is not good for your eyes and will kinda look like it is flickering. I recommend at least a decent 17" monitor for stereo where you can at least get 100+ on 800x600.

3. Advis

Advis Guest

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    Never mind about them then. I better get some good ole' fasioned comic book glasses...

4. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Its not the glasses it is your monitor. You will have the same prob with ne stereo u use. if your only paying 3lbs for them the try them out if u like them then look on ebay or something for a better monitor. Just my 2 cents

5. Advis

Advis Guest

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    If ic could send you a pic of my desk space I would, I have virtualy no desk space for 1. I am going to use some anaglph glasses, will they suffer the same problems due to the refresh rate?

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Anaglyph glasses won't suffer from Refresh rate problems because those don't work like the LCD glasses. But those are Red and Blue color.

7. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    You are correct (duhh I dont know what i was thinking)
    ;) .