e-dimensional wired 3d glasses, nvidia 450 gts and win7 64bit (help)

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by xenomorph_1138, Mar 21, 2011.

1. xenomorph_1138

xenomorph_1138 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX560Ti 1gbDDR5
    I bought a new Nvivdia 450 GTS card and installed in HP Pavilion HPE-500y (OS W7 64bit) with w2338h LCD monitor. I have an older (2-3 yr) pair of e-dimensional wired 3d glasses kit that I'd like to use for gaming etc. I no longer have the software cd. I have it hooked up but can't get it to work. Do I need other drivers besides the latest nvidia 3d drivers? If so, what version? Also, is there a tutorial on proper setup? Thanks in advance for any help or input.

Xeno

Edit: This is what shows as installed in "Programs and Features" from the NVIDIA software disc.

NVIDIA Display Control Panel
    NVIDIA Drivers
    NVIDIA PhysX
    NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver

I downloaded this (267.46_WinVista_Win7_64bit driver). I think that is the same one I have installed.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  2. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    i guess that u need the official 3d glasses from Nvidia...

3. xenomorph_1138

GPU:
    GeForce GTX560Ti 1gbDDR5
    Thanks for the reply. Yea, I was just on the site looking at those and was seriously thinkin' about it. The nVidia glasses don't look as cheesey as the E-D glasses either. The only thing that keeps me from getting them is that I remember in HL2 aiming was a problem because there would be 2 crosses instead of one, and I had to aim in the middle of the crosses to hit the target. The 3D worked great though.

EDIT: Do I need a 3D PC in order for the nVidia glasses to work, or will they work on any pc? Specifically, my pc. (see my specs)

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    download the 3D Vision driver
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
    Select 3D vision, 3D vision, 3D vision driver for Geforce.

You might as well download the CD (one of the options) and see whats on it.
    I havent had an NVidia card for a while so am not sure what you get these days.

You need a 120Hz monitor and a compatible set of 3D glasses + NVidia card with 3D driver.
    I dont know if your glasses are compatible, I cant see why they wont work though, my E3D glasses used to work with NVidia drivers.
    That was with a CRT monitor, I cant see that making a difference though, 120Hz is 120Hz.

Ah, except your monitor is 60Hz.
    You need a 120Hz monitor.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well... the two crosshairs thing in HL2 could have also been a matter of having too much or too little 3D Depth. I know when i had the whole 3D Vision thing, there's that depth adjustment knob on the back of the reciever/transmitter. It doesn't really make it appear DEEPER as much as it does adjust for differences in eye separation. If it's not adjusted just right, you would still see somewhat of a 3D effect, but certain things would feel a little off.

6. xenomorph_1138

GPU:
    GeForce GTX560Ti 1gbDDR5
    @Mufflore,
    Thanks for your input. It's been a couple of years since I used my ED glasses, but as I recall, I also had a crt monitor at the time and the nVidia drivers worked for it as well. For an LED display, the instructions were to use the ED driver set because, at the time, I guess nVidia had not developed the drivers for LED displays yet.:( I was on the ED site the other day and in order to get updated drivers they just provide a link to this site.
    Anyway, I can invest in the nVidia 3D Vision Kit. I think they're on sale at the moment for $150. I already have dual monitors, so picking up a 120hz display would hurt a bit.:frown: Not that I won't find an excuse to get it.:eyebrows:;)

BTW, Nice Avatar. Did you make it?

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I found the avatar a while ago so cant claim credit for it other than shrinking it and making it slightly wider.

Good luck with your 3D venture.
    I'm waiting for bigger (27"+) LED backlit 120Hz displays to appear.
    Its been a very loooong wait and doesnt show any sign of lessening yet!

8. xenomorph_1138

GPU:
    GeForce GTX560Ti 1gbDDR5
    @ElementalDragon,
    "
    ."

With the ED (E-Dimensional) 3D glasses that adjustment was made using assigned hotkeys. As you said, it controls the depth perception. The closer together the images are together, the less depth is perceived and vice versa. I remember that if I adjusted it so the crosshairs were close enough to where I didn't have to guess where I was aiming, there was practically no 3D effect.:( I also recall having the same problem in "Ghost Recon".

Thx for your input.

9. xenomorph_1138

GPU:
    GeForce GTX560Ti 1gbDDR5
    @Mufflore,
    A 27 inch?:O:eek3: Now That's what I'm talkin' about!! If I do get the 120hz display it will have to be at least a 25 inch or better. My 23 inch just doesn't seem as big as it used to.:( Know what I mean?;)

This is probably a moot question. Do you remember what site you got the cat image from? What does it say at the bottom of the cat image? Is there a web site in that text?

Thx again,
    Xeno

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    What I really want is a 42" or larger 120Hz TV but I imagine I'll be waiting even longer for that!
    It will need to use the very latest HDMI standard or have Dual DVI.
    (prior HDMI standards dont 'provide' enough bandwidth for 1080p @ 120hz 24bit colour, even though there is enough bandwidth available for 1080p @ 60Hz 48bit colour which has exactly the same requirement, absolutely cr@p design before HDMI 1.4a fyi :))

Yeah, I'm on a 22" LCD or a 42" TV.
    The 22" is ok for some games but its really tiny for others.
    Luckily text size can be boosted easily for web browsing.
    I badly badly want to get a bigger LCD monitor but wont buy one unless this dies or a much larger 120Hz 3D LED backlit display comes out.
    Then I need to buy an Nvidia card as well lol.
    3D has always been silly expensive if you want high res!

The image has a URL at the bottom saying
    http://go.funpic.ru/
    However, it looks long gone, the URL is now owned by a URL parking company.
    Soz.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i use the 3d glasses that came with my 42" sony bravia tv.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011