GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.22 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, May 23, 2016.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    with me it's when MS EDGE is open with a YT video playing and Chrome is opened

i leave EDGE playing a YT video while playing games and this message never showed up

2. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    update latest version Version 51.0.2704.63

so far don't have this issue on v4x~5x

3. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I don't have any crashes but I'm sure something is broken with chrome in fullscreen, I get massive tearing under certain circumstances.

I don't think it's a new chrome bug, I have the some problems on Canary too, which is v53, so I suspect more it's something in the new drivers

I can replicate the tearing glitch described few posts ago with the following steps, you only need 2 tabs:

1) open a twitch stream in a tab and a youtube video in the other (use this, it's easy to see tearing on it)

2) play the twitch stream in full screen for a few seconds (double click on it)

3) exit fullscreen, don't stop the stream, let it play in background and switch to youtube tab

4) double click the youtube vsync test video and watch it in full screen

Everytime I do this I get the tearing

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Does anyone experience really bad screen tearing when scrolling up and down the games library in Grid View on Steam? I have hardware acceleration, etc, enabled yet it acts like it is running without v-sync enabled. I thought all programs and apps running on the desktop used v-sync? I do not generally see tearing when using browsers and things like Uplay, Origin and Steam. The annoying thing is that I cannot even fix it by forcing v-sync on in the Steam per-game profile.

5. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Steam is based on chromium for many things, did you read my previous post about all the tearing problems with chrome?
    maybe there's a connection...

6. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    This drive is strange. In Cities Skylines I have the same framerate than the 365.10, but the impression is that it is much less, like there is a delay in the commands do move the camera around.

Anyone seeing it in any other game?

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Easily one of the best drivers I've ever used..games (GTA 5, Witcher 3), benchmarks ( MHO, RE6, Valley, Firestrike) all stable and fast. :thumbup:

8. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    so what's the verdict on the new Power Management default setting of 'Optimal Power'...is this indeed the best setting or should I change it back to 'Adaptive'?

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Supposedly only difference between optimal and adaptive is optimal has additional power savings at idle while screen is off.

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Eh, what? What "huge difference?" What kind of improvement?

You're asking what the settings does, but then you say you get some kind of "huge difference" that you don't bother explaining :3eyes:

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Fast sync works even with in-game vsync on for me. It seems to override the in-game vsync setting.

At least on DirectX games. Doom uses OpenGL though.

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Tried in CS:GO just now. It works regardless of in-game vsync setting. Output is synced, as expected (so there is no tearing), and FPS is always a multiple of the refresh rate (for 60Hz, it goes from 240 to 300 to 360 to 240 again, etc.)

There's very minimal input lag (it's like day and night compared no fast sync off and vsync on). It's close to vsync off but not quite, at least with 60Hz monitors. I assume with 144Hz monitors fast sync input lag is going to be virtually undetectable.

There is some micro-stutter. Again, 144Hz monitors will probably have almost no micro-stutter.

13. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    yeah true let's hope some improvement from the next coming driver

14. amigastar

amigastar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Actually i think Fast Sync doesn't work with OpenGL for now, so ergo Doom doesn't support Fast Sync at the moment.

I have another question though. Can i activate Fast Sync on GTA V set Framelimit to 60-62 fps and use fast sync with it? I would assume it works right?
    When it drops beneath 60 fps it behaves like adaptive sync i would think.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Well, I assumed that OpenGL triple buffering is the same as fast sync (basically fast sync is triple buffer for DirectX), but that used to only be the case years ago. I don't know what "Triple Buffering" means for OpenGL anymore.

Fast sync never behaves like adaptive vsync. It's always synced. With a 60FPS limiter, fast sync doesn't seem to do anything. I don't know if this is the real difference between Pascal and Maxwell fast sync. On Maxwell (980Ti here), fast sync always seems to work with multiples of the refresh rate. So for GTA V (or any game) to get a benefit from fast sync, with 60Hz monitors you'd need to reach 120FPS, or 180FPS in-game. If you get less than 120, then it seems it's capped to 60 anyway.

But I could be wrong. Hopefully we'll get more testing from the real gurus around here :)

16. amigastar

amigastar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hello RealNC,
    you're saying "it's always synced" that when the frames fall beneath 60 which is the max HZ on my monitor it still is active? didn't know that tbh.

With that said, i'll wait for reports from other people here around since i'm a noob when it comes to these things.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    After more testing would seem FastSync only work in Fullscreen(exclusive)

Swtor Ingame vsync off + NVCP vsync app controlled + Fullscreen Exclusive = uncapped FPS with tearing

Swtor Ingame vsync off + nvidia inspector vsync 0x18888888 (fast sync) + Fullscreen Exclusive = No tearing but 60 fps *note* swtor engine is maxed out at 115 or something like that so i cant even do 120 so fast sync can only do 60

Swtor ingame vsync off + nvidia inspector vsync 0x18888888 (fast sync) + windowed fullscreen (borederless) uncaped FPS and no tearing so, games/apps that windowed dont use fast sync still use aeros version of vsync.

This is on windows 10 i dont know of any easy way of disable aero and it vsync, Some one on windows 7 can disable aero in a game threw disabled desktop complication and force nvidia inspector vsync 0x18888888 in that widowed game and see it fast sycn works, but i doubt as vsync settings threw nvcp and inspector never effect windowed games as far as i can remeber

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Man, these drivers are so smooth for Witcher 3 and the Division! It's like frame latency improved a lot with these drivers..

19. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    just want to be sure if i am doing it wrong or that this driver may be spooky!..
    every time i start a stream in Nvidia share the whole picture is blurred and blocky..
    My streams have looked much better before..
    I play in 4k and the stream scale it down to 1080p.. i facing the same issue in OBS as well :/

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have been getting "the stub has received bad data" errors since installing these drivers as explained in more detail in my thread here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5280724&postcount=1

Now this issue may not be caused by the driver at all but the weird thing is (as explained in that thread) I rolled back to an earlier checkpoint in the week in an effort to fix the issue and the error went away for a few days. However, it turned out I had rolled back to the v365.19 drivers and since reinstalling the v368.22 the "stub/bad data" error has resurfaced, granted it only occurs perhaps once or twice a day at most and in all cases the affected programs run on a second attempt.

Seems to much of a coincidence that I accidentally rolled back to an older driver and the issue was fixed; reinstall the new one and the issue comes back. With this driver containing new features it seems feasible that it might be causing this error indirectly even though the programs I am running are not games (they seem to load just fine).

Is anyone else seeing this error.