Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by wsgroves, Oct 28, 2014.

1. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

So last night I started getting this error while gaming for the first time.
    I had it happen 3 times last night.
    The only thing I recently changed was downgrading cpu coolers from a H110 to a H90.
    The temps are still well within spec and are nothing to be alarmed about.
    Does this error generally indicate a bad cpu oc?

Thanks

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Try running at 4.4 GHz instead. Once you get to a certain point you need a lot more voltage to get a stable overclock. It's possible you need to bump up your CPU voltage quite considerably to get stable at 4.5 GHz, which is inadvisable, dropping the 4.4 GHz is a much more suitable option.

Also, at least in doing so you will know the answer to your question as well!

3. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

Yea it has been running at 4.5 for a couple years now. Maybe the OC is finally starting to annoy the chip. I will try to bump it down t0 4.4. On the bright side, it is running very low voltage at 4.5 (unsure off top of head what number is).

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I got watch dog if I used lower VCCSA then usual, try 0.010v or 0.020v+ extra volts..

Some drivers can trigger bad OC and need few voltage readjustments.

5. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

Thanks TJ, I simpled bumped it down to 4.4 and the problem thus far as went away for now. If it acts up again i'll tinker with it.