X800 Pro Mod To XT

Discussion in 'Links' started by BLyarx, Jul 19, 2004.

1. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  2. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Yeah, most of us know.

But ta for posting this as it gives us a topic to send the question people to.
    Any chance of a tempory sticky please Wildstyle? :)

3. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

I am just wondering if anyone tested the mod yet?

Also does anyone know if the video cards from Japan are compatible with the US computers i.e. WindowsXP and whatnot?

4. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I would think so, it's only the PSU than runs on a different mains voltage [hence the witch on the back of some PSU models].
    You shouldn't run into any issues VIVO wise either both US and JP run on NTSC.

5. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

Yeah I'm going to Japan for a few days .. I want to check if the cards are cheaper there but compatibilty was bothering me. Since the voltage differs. Although the motherboard handles the voltage in regards to AGP and all.
    So this is all foreign to me I have never been to Japan before. Hopefully I can find a card there that will be compatible.

6. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    LoL. Okay, for a while... seeing as you asked so nicely. ;)

7. Dready

Dready Guest

Oh ! so i goes here like that ? xD
    ask and get

8. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Depends on what you're asking and whether I am prepared to give it or not. :D

9. TekDragon

TekDragon Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800 GTS
    So is there any real benifit to going with an XT over a Pro?

10. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    Not all VIVOS manage to run stable on XT PE clocks after flashing to 16 pipes. After applying the pencil mod for more voltage all can do it hough.

If you buy a "real" XT PE you have XT PE clocks guarranteed and modfree but thats the only difference.

There's VIVO owners running at 600/600 though so there's some nasty VIVOs around there.

11. YourMom83

YourMom83 Guest

Wait, so as of now, there is still no way to mod an X800 Pro to use all 16 Pipelines, hard and/or softmods?

That's terribly sad... Someone find a way! =P

12. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    X800Pro [Non VIVO] -> Requires hard mod to enable locked pipelines. Success rate isn't very high, but it's a it works or doesn't work scenario.
    To get the 520Mhz / 1.14Ghz, you need to flash to X800XT.PE.Samsung.Rev.01 bios. You may or may not need to do a volt mod to keep clocks stable. You can do the flash and volt mod anyway to gain up to 550Mhz/1.14Ghz -> 620/1.2Ghz depending on your card and cooling.

13. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    SL2....is that with the x800 pro????im asuming that is what you mean...and will that volt mod and bios flash work with the 2.0 memory??...im curious as to if anyone had done it yet...its a little scary for me..but i have someone that would be able to assist if it is a workable and viable tweak...obviously it comes with no gaurentee that it wont blitz the card...any posts or forums speaking of this mod and someone that has done it??/thanx..Flashnc

14. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes, it will allow you to overclock much further [Still 12 pipelines] but milage may vary.
    3. Yes, me.
    4. Voltmod & X800XT PE Bios [This one is the one I used].

15. Doggen

Doggen Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480

16. Alcozzle

Alcozzle Guest

yeah Doggen.
    I've seen many cases where sapphire VIVO's have been softmodded to an XT unlocking all 16 pipelines

Of course there is always risk involved in flashing. You gotta make sure you do everything by the book or you'll be using your dead x800 as a paper weight

17. JFlash

JFlash Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2
    I'm new to things this advanced but I'm already very familiar with the computer so I'm sure this won't be much a very difficult task as long as I get the instructions straightened out before I go along with this. Which is what I'm confirming right now. These are the steps I've developed:

1) Buy some flopies.

2) Insert the first floppy, right click it, choose format, and choose to make it a bootable DOS floppy.

3) Copy the following files onto the floppy*: flashrom, flashrom.chg, and flashrom.rom (DISK1)

4) Repeat step 2 and copy the following files onto the floppy*: atiflash.cfg, dos4gw, gvf11, and r80x256v.f1 (DISK2)

5) Repeat step 2 and copy the following files onto the floppy*: ATI.X800XT.256.Samsung16, flashrom, flashrom.chg, and flashrom.rom

6) Reboot and tell BIOS to boot from floppy, then restart.

7) Insert floppy (DISK1) and wait for DOS prompt.

8) Type the following command: flashrom -s 0 X800Pro_original.bin

9) Reboot and switch to floppy DISK2... wait for DOS prompt

10) Type the following command: gvf11 -P -F R80X256V_filename.F1

11) Reboot, go into Windows XP, and check in ATI tool to see if all 16 pipelines are now unlocked. If sucessful, proceed to step 12.

12) Insert DISK3 and reboot, wait for DOS prompt.

13) Type the following command: flashrom -p 0 ATIX800XT-filename.bin

14) ALL DONE! Check with benchmarks and torture tests to make sure the card is working like an XT.

Can someone confirm my steps? Thanks in advance! Also check my questions below please.

*Do the files need to be in a folder with a specific name, a folder with any name, or no folder at all?

**What do I put for filename? Or can I leave that out?

***When I say wait for DOS prompt, I'm assuming that a DOS window eventually comes up because I formated the floppy as a DOS disk. Does this actually happen or do I need to make it happen somehow?

****When is it safe to switch the disks after backing up my BIOS with DISK1? Should I go back to the desktop, put DISK2 in, then reboot?

18. Dready

Dready Guest

very nice

19. ShmOzZle

ShmOzZle Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQII X800PRO VIVO Flashed to
    I have a question for the users who have flashed their X800PRO's to X800XTs.

Sure 3DMark is alot higher and the extra pipelines come in handy...but after flashing mine to a XT-PE and getting all 16 pipelines working it seems doom III is now slower for me. And maby its just me being a little to picky but Americas Army might also be a few frames less :eek:

Anyone else have this?

20. babyelf

babyelf Member

GPU:
    Gecube X800XT-PE
    i got the gecube x800pro vivo and it runs fine after modding.. and it runs better i'd say..

benched 3dmark03 at 545/580 stock cooling 16 pipes and scored 13k