SanderDieleman

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-10-2002, 11:31 | posts: n/a

I tried a new tread.. it's on the 2nd page already Overheating you say.... maybe, i'll try with case open and see if it crashes

Old
  (#27)
hugh2d2

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Talking 12-10-2002, 19:13 | posts: n/a

Looks like I had a bad Motherboard.

I bought an Asus board this weekend and everything came right up and worked flawlessly!

Thanks for all your help!

- Hugh2D2

Old
  (#28)
neoKEN

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-23-2002, 01:01 | posts: n/a

Thanks for the patch, so far I have only tried WAR3 for 30 minutes and *GASP* it don't crash no more!!!

THANK YOU!!!

I have AMD 1.4GHZ + GF2 GTS + KT133A MOBO + CHEAP CHEAP 1 512 SDRAM + SB ENSONIQ.

Old
  (#29)
neoKEN

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-23-2002, 13:48 | posts: n/a

dam :[

Well, it allows me to play longer at least and Window don't magically reboot, it crashes WAR3 but OS is still there. dam still crash! god.. no more AMD in my future.

Old
  (#30)
killer_007_

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 01-01-2003, 02:35 | posts: n/a

same here tried patch, no hope for me either hey neoken dose ure w3 give a fetal error? because games like cs i can play for houres and hours games like jedi knights 2 or war3 tends to crash, w3 gives me some gay error

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: D:\Games\Warcraft III\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:24602317

The instruction at '0x24602317' referenced memory at '0x00004174'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

, lol i got alot of these in my error folder , soo many free wins for those noobs out there who play me

Old
  (#31)
neoKEN

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 01-01-2003, 17:20 | posts: n/a

lol. WAR3 is running fine now though I don't play for hours straight. Usually I play about 30 minutes each session. CS I know I can play for hours no matter what patch even when WAR3 use to crash after 2-3 minutes. But I'm guessing it is because CS does not fully utilize the videocard like games like WAR3. WAR3 use a lot more extra features of the videocard i think.

Old
  (#32)
dyZ

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 01-03-2003, 08:06 | posts: n/a

this sounds a lot like my problem neoken ...

i have doone many reformats and reinstalls

sometimes i the games just hang the moment i load them ...
sometimes when i attempt to join a game
sometimes miraculously the reformat and reinstall helps but after sometimes the problems comes back
i amnot sure what i did that made them work ..
and a while back .. my CS runs perfectly fine but WC3 just hangs all the time .. and sometimes when i am on windows ...

btw devices sharing smae irqs but no conflicts .. is it ok to let that stay ?

Old
  (#33)
neoKEN

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 01-07-2003, 12:23 | posts: n/a

AFter my drive from Sacramento to San Diego with my computer. It is crashing tons more than I have ever seen it before. Right now I REALLY BELIEVE it is my ram. they are generic brand. My friend told me with his generic brand it use to crash a lot, but when he replace it with SAMSUNG ram, it never crashes. I'm gonna buy some name brand ram. GENERIC should be outlawed!!!

Old
  (#34)
mightygod

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 03-04-2003, 02:04 | posts: n/a

Thankyou very much to the person who started this thread about VIA chipsets.
Words cannot express how much I appreciate your help.

YOU ROCK :-)

Saved my sanity
Old
  (#35)
robthebstd

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Talking Saved my sanity - 03-28-2003, 20:09 | posts: n/a

I had this problem. Any Direct3D game would crash, usually a few seconds after starting. Tried all the usual, about 10 different Detonators or manufacturer drivers, different 4in1 drivers, directx9, flashed mb bios, reinstalled xp, unplugged everything, bois settings - voltage, agp settings (apature, driving value, 4x mode etc.). I even bought a 500 watt PSU to replace my 235 watt unit but nothing fixed it - untill I found this message. Installed this driver, rebooted, everything runs perfectly again. I was going mad trying to solve this problem. Thanks so much for posting this. Won't buy a KT133 chipset mb again but i'm happy enough for now. Will upgrade my CPU safe in the knowledge that my games will run.

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited by robthebstd; 03-28-2003 at 20:21.

Problem solved
Old
  (#36)
ukbadge

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default Problem solved - 04-14-2003, 12:57 | posts: n/a

Yeehaaaaa!

I just wanted to say that after months and months of getting Project IGI2 to work, the solution did the trick. Thanks mate!

Test Driver and a return to 30.82s don't help
Old
  (#37)
Magpie

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default Test Driver and a return to 30.82s don't help - 04-21-2003, 15:00 | posts: n/a

I get the same problem as most here with the BSOD crashouts and a refers to a problem with nv4_disp.dll and Windows identifying the device driver as causing the problems. Problem is I tried the "Test Driver" on this page and went back to 30.82s (and wiped out any remants of the older driver with a device called Nasty File Remover.

But once back on 30.82s I still have all the same problems and it crashes on avis too! I never had these problems before so I know it isn't heat etc, all I did was upgrade (then downgrade) the drivers...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seems like my problem
Old
  (#38)
sodabob

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default seems like my problem - 05-15-2003, 22:31 | posts: n/a

This is exactly my problem in Win XP. I haven't tried the patch mentioned in the first post of this thread, but it seems likely that it will fix my problem.

Basically, my problem is that any driver newer than Detonator 4 v27.50 does exactly what you say, at least in Battlefield 1942: it loads a map, then 1-4 seconds later it crashes the game and drops to desktop OR often reboots the computer entirely. In Operation Flashpoint, however, the real-time 3D rendering that is happening behind the menu system seems to lock the machine up SOLID with the more recent nVidia drivers even before any mission is loaded.

I sure hope this is the solution to using any driver I wish.

In short, the reason I am posting is that I would suggest that if you have this problem, and the patch mentioned in the first post of this thread doesn't work for you, you might try to find the v27.50 nVidia Detonator drivers; unfortunately you'll have to search for them, since nVidia doesn't archive their drivers that far back (the v27.50 drivers are over a year old), though I suppose they may supply them upon request.

Hope this helps someone out...

-- Update 06.05.03 --

I installed the patch mentioned at the beginning of this thread, and it worked wonders. I can now install the latest nVidia drivers with no problem.

Last edited by sodabob; 06-05-2003 at 22:34.

Old
  (#39)
-[RaGe]-P_Bear

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 06-05-2003, 21:50 | posts: n/a

I just thought I would add something to this maybe it will help some people, try adjusting your ram timings and make sure your agp speed is at 4x once I changed these I could play games again, tryed CS for 3 hours and wolfenstine ET for 2 hours w/o a single crash, before this cs would crash before the console got 1/8th the way up the screen and wolf would crash before the menu.

Old
  (#40)
Wu Masta James

Videocard: ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB 8x AGP
Processor: AMD Anthlon XP 2200+
Mainboard: MSI KTV400 (VIA)
Memory: 1.25GB PC2700 DDR
Soundcard: Phillips Dynamic Edge 4.1
PSU:
Default 07-06-2003, 20:07 | posts: 13 | Location: United States, Pennsylvania

Is there anyway to uninstall this driver. It made my games lock up now. I thought there would be no harm in getting it but I was wrong. I get an error when windows starts:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini070603-10.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Jimbo\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sys data.xml

I tried Clearing the CMOS, Uninstalling it with the setup file and what not, nothing.

Old
  (#41)
osama1234
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Asus MX-400 64mb
Processor: Athlon 1.3 T-bird
Mainboard: Elitegroup K7SEM
Memory: 256 - 133mhz
Soundcard: Volcano YZ-1000
PSU: rig of da future (1/17/03
Default 07-08-2003, 21:35 | posts: 3,593 | Location: Vancouver, Canada

just asking, is this the video driver you're talking about or the via drivers?
if its the video i can help, if its via i can't cause i really never had a via mobo

I Shall Thank You A Lot!!!
Old
  (#42)
WoodooJr

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Talking I Shall Thank You A Lot!!! - 07-27-2003, 14:05 | posts: n/a

Hey, I am just posting this to THANK YOU A WHOLE LOT!!! This just solved all my problems!!! Everytime I was about to start a game, It used to crash back to windows or reboot. The only detonator drivers that used to wor were 27.04, but they are not as good as the ones Im using now (44.30).
Now I can tell that I have a good Video Card!! Thanks to you!!!

Just for future reference, my problem was that everytime I tried to install newer detonator drivers (30.xx and above) the games crashed back to windows or reboot. The only game it didnt happened was Neverwinter Nights (Still wondering why...), but all the other Ive been playing lately (Fifa 2003, Need For Speed 6, WarCraft 3, GTA Vice City...) Crashed.

My system:

AMD Athlon XP 1600+
40GB HD - Samsung 7200 rpm
256mb RAM (SDRAM)
Sound Blaster 128 (Crap) Sound board
GeForce 4 MX 440 SE by XFX

I hope this post can serve you all for future reference, or if you are having the same problem I was, or if you are afraid to try this little upgrade. See you later

WoodooJr
Windows XP - Professional

Old
  (#43)
Funguwari

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 07-30-2003, 01:47 | posts: n/a

OMG I GOT THE SAME MOBO AS YOU!!! AND I THINK THIS MIGHT DO IT!!! IM TRYING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Help... Going Crazy
Old
  (#44)
Yamada

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default Help... Going Crazy - 08-04-2003, 11:51 | posts: n/a

I need Help.
I have recently bought a PC. P4 2.6 GHz, 512 DDR, SCSI 20GB HD, Gforce 4 TI4800 SE,Win XP Pro, Lex BN400 mother board(latest Bios supports 2/4/8 AGP. 300 Watt PS. The Chip set is Via. Using Detonator 44.67 drivers. I have a fresh copy of XP Pro SP1 installed. Via 4 in 1 Drivers loaded, Direct X 9.0.
My problem:

When I try to run any games I get Runtime error messages with in seconds of it opening? I loaded the via memory patch(No Joy) I can get the games to run if I remove the Via Drivers... I get low FS. not the answer! With this configuration when I run DXDIAG AGP Texture Acceleration is greyed out... When I install the 4in1 the option is available & enabled but I get Run Time Error
Ttried tweaking various settings in the Bios to no avail.
Reinstalled XP and drivers countless times,
I suspect the problem is with the Via Chipset...I am considering returning the PC and changing to a Board with out a VIA Chip set and upgrading to the ATI 9800 Pro.

more nvidia problems
Old
  (#45)
Crizzo

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Unhappy more nvidia problems - 08-08-2003, 16:04 | posts: n/a

Im also having problems with my game crashing on or shortly after running ut2003. I get this message:

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-02-13_18.53]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1677 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (4467)

General protection fault!

History: FCoronaRender::RenderCoronas <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

How do I find out if I have a VIA chipset motherboard? I'm using a Gigabyte AMD761+686B AGPset.

Old
  (#46)
Accorkie
Master Guru

Videocard: 8600GT 256MB
Processor: Q6600
Mainboard: Abit IP35-Pro
Memory: 2x2gb
Soundcard: Logitech
PSU: Corsair 750w
Default 08-24-2003, 08:51 | posts: 185 | Location: dallas

after i try to load a game .. ex.WC3..AOM..CS.. the intro is fine but when it hits the options either my screen goes blank or my graphics are really distorted but the audio keeps playing.. i've tried updating drivers.. reinstall uninstall windows. video card.. switching RAM.. any ideas?.. the patch didn't work.. blah

Old
  (#47)
Greg23

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 10-07-2003, 22:47 | posts: n/a

Add my name to the list of ecstatically happy people that got bailed out by this fix. I have been dealing with EA Sports tech support for 2 weeks. They tried their best but never got past basic suggestions. I have gone through changing virtually every setting on my computer, changing and updating drivers, etc. NOTHING worked until I installed this patch.

My probelm was only on F1 2002, Soyo MB, VIA chipset, GeForce4 Ti4200. Lock ups (frozen video w/sound looping), kicked to desk top, Ddhelp <unknown> module errors. Anytime from 2 seconds to 30 seconds of play time.

Thanks again, this is great info.

Thanx !!
Old
  (#48)
PrZen

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Talking Thanx !! - 02-01-2004, 17:38 | posts: n/a

My problem was that Deus Ex 1 and occasionally Deus Ex 2 crashed; my computer would just turn itself off especially when I tried to save the games....

Now I've been playing for 30 minutes holding my breath, and everything works fine !

Thank you, man !!!!

Possible fix?
Old
  (#49)
Darth Fishhead

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default Possible fix? - 03-05-2004, 17:44 | posts: n/a

"3D games and Win XP put too much load on the memory queuing timer procedure"

would dumping XP for 98 potentially solve the issue? I need help before abig LAN Party next weekend!

Old
  (#50)
C4ltech

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 05-04-2004, 17:26 | posts: n/a

What may happen to my system, if I update the drivers for my motherboard? Is this update easily removable? As easy as the graphic-card driver update?

I have a:
VIA KT400 Chipset DDR400
nVidia GF4 Ti4200 64MB