1. FlynHawn

FlynHawn Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX480 4GB
    Is there a way to move where the OSD shows up in a game? In games like Civ5 and Diablo3 the OSD info shows up over game info which, at least in terms of Civ, I need to see. Also, are there options for the color of the text? The text I see in the OSD is pink, whereas I've seen it as green or purple in YouTube vids posted by others. (Am running ver 4.3.0)

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just drag the OSD around in the preview to the desired location, click the palette to change colours

[​IMG]

3. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Note that that preview window is *not* a representation of the entire screenspace, but rather shows the immediate vicinity of the corner selected (the blue corner) pixel for pixel. If you want to move the OSD beyond near the corners of the screen, you need to enter the coordinates numerically. (I realize most people probably are not as stupid as me, but this is what threw me off for the longest time... :))

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    With 7.0.0 beta 19, it appears to change the coordinates as you drag the OSD, those numbers under the preview window change as you move it

5. FlynHawn

FlynHawn Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX480 4GB
    Thanks for the replies, but how do you get to preview mode? I've looked in all the settings and looked at the tooltips while hovering my cursor over the various icons on the front and see nothing labeled preview..

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ? It's already at the bottom of the RTSS panel

7. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    To change RivaTuner Statistics server options, Open Afterburner Setup -> On-Screen Display tab -> "More" -> RTSS Properties opens.

Yes, I has done that for ages. What my comment meant is that you can't use the preview window to place the OSD at any position on the screen - only locations that are near a corner of the screen. (Which corner, is selected from the corner of the preview, and the active corner appears blue.)

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I see what you mean yea

You don't need to go through Afterburner to access RTSS though, it should be sitting in the system tray, click once and you're already at the preview screen panel

9. FlynHawn

FlynHawn Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX480 4GB
    What is the RTSS panel? I opened up Settings and clicked on More and found this:

[​IMG]

It doesn't exactly match Extraordinary's image. Is this where I need to be?

[edit]Should be an image up there, don't know why there isn't one. Is the code for posting screenshots [​IMG]

10. FlynHawn

FlynHawn Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX480 4GB
    Ok, so minimizing Afterburner sent it to the tray and clicking on it did indeed send me to RivaTuner. I went back and reread your original post Extraordinary and damn, that was easy! Thanks all

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea this icon is the RTSS panel, the jet icon is Afterburner

[​IMG]