Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Processors and motherboards AMD
Processors and motherboards AMD Got a Phenom, FX or AMD APU based system or the means to buy one? You can discuss it in here!

Jumping On the Ryzen Train
Old
  (#1)
SlightlyInsanE

Videocard: RX580 8gig
Processor: Intel I5 6600K @ 4.6
Mainboard: Msi Motar Z170M
Memory: Corsair Veng 16gig
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair
Default Jumping On the Ryzen Train - 06-03-2017, 12:49 | posts: 1 | Location: Oz

Hello first post and a slight dilemma, I wanted to jump on the ryzen train and can’t seem to pick between the 1600x or the 1700 non x.

The other reason for those two cpu choices is I’m currently waiting on a reply from Silverstone about my AM4 bracket replacement for my cooler hence why I’m stuck between the two “1700 has cooler 1600x no cooler”.

My other issue is the ram and being based in Australia anything that close to 3200 is expensive do you really need that speed ram to get the most out of ryzen.

The board I was leaning towards was the asrock x370 gaming k4 as it seems to offer the best bang for buck and there’s no x370 boards in the miro atx form factor “Not interested in the biostar one”.

This will be a budget upgrade and I deal a lot with Pc Case Gear here in Oz so If you want to hunt around on their site and help me out it would be greatly appreciated.