Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

Closed Thread

AMD Crimson drivers incompatible with Afterburner
Old
  (#1)
Rmosher

Videocard: Sapphire R9 390X
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: EVGA 1000 Watt G2
Default AMD Crimson drivers incompatible with Afterburner - 05-31-2017, 10:49 | posts: 1

I tried on three occasions to upgrade to the relive drivers (three different versions) and each time AB didn't work correctly. I couldn't use my OC no voltage control etc. I have an R9 390X on Win 7 pro 64bit. The last I knew Unwinder commented on overclock.net that AMD changed how overclocking worked in the driver itself hence the incompatibilities. I was just hoping it was something that could be fixed in a future Afterburner release. I have been stuck using Crimson driver 16.9.2 since last September. And I did try to use Wattman. Which I thought was terrible and buggy (no custom fan control? No thank you!). Thanks in advance for any info guys.

Old
  (#2)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 05-31-2017, 11:09 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

No, it won't be fixed in future AB releases. It is up to AMD bugmakers to fix their API. I close the thread in order to avoid attracting trolls from AMD drivers section here, sorry, I've got more than enough discussions on this subject.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Closed Thread