Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Operating Systems
Operating Systems Is Windows 8.1 giving you a hard time ? Wanna try out Windows 10 ?

Change in Creator's Update
Old
  (#1)
Dch48
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
Processor: AMD FX-6300 6 core
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2
Memory: Corsair XMS DDR3-1333 8gb
Soundcard: Realtek 7.1 integrated
PSU: LEPA 650 watt
Default Change in Creator's Update - 05-18-2017, 19:31 | posts: 1,802 | Location: Upstate NY

This may be old news but I haven't seen it mentioned before.

I have been really liking the update until yesterday . While just browsing, my screen went blank briefly a couple of times and I heard the sound you hear when installing a graphics driver. I checked Device Manager and sure enough Windows Update had installed the 17.4 driver. I can't use that one because it doesn't work right with Forza:H3. I was sticking with 17.2.1. Now before the update I had the option checked to not download drivers and my Home Edition of Win 10 never did. So, I thought, "Okay, the update reset the setting". I went to where the option was and lo and behold, it no longer exists! There is now no way to disable driver updates through WU in the Home Edition. I found a registry fix that is supposed to disable them and applied it. I'll just have to wait and see if it works.

I chose to roll back the driver in Device Manager and it worked and I'm back on 17.2.1. Now they are saying that the FH3 problems are fixed in 17.5.2 but they said they were in 17.5.1 and they were not. FH3 players that go to 17.5.2 please let me know if the problems are fixed.