Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

Uncomfortable with loud headphones
Old
  (#1)
Coverdrave
Member Guru

Videocard: GT 740M 2GB
Processor: i3-3217U 1.8Ghz
Mainboard:
Memory: 6GB
Soundcard:
PSU: I don't know
Default Uncomfortable with loud headphones - 05-17-2017, 14:48 | posts: 61

Hello, I remember how previous summer I was playing on a Killing Floor 2 RPG Mod server with max audio and I was very comfortable with it, now it's kind of uncomfortable to do it again, what could be it from? I don't feel ear pain or anything, it's just not comfortable, I'd rather listen to the song at 40% audio now and I want to play such games with max audio and have fun time.

Old
  (#2)
sverek
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX970 4G
Processor: i5 2500k
Mainboard: P8Z68-V
Memory: Corsair Ven. 8GB
Soundcard: XonarDG+HD595
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 05-18-2017, 00:25 | posts: 2,866 | Location: Ibaraki, Japan

I wouldn't recommend listening headphones with loud volume. You can permamently damage your ears, and there no cure for it.

Reason you are not comfortable with loud sound could be that sound is cracking and quality gets very low. Another reason is that you just got old and dont feel "rush" by playing on loud volume.

I think this is very good thing you are more comfortable with lower volume. I would strongly suggest to keep it.

EDIT: If you want to have fun with sound and headphones, try Dolby Headphones.
Its a feature in some soundcard that give you impression of surround sound.

Last edited by sverek; 05-18-2017 at 00:28.

Old
  (#3)
Coverdrave
Member Guru

Videocard: GT 740M 2GB
Processor: i3-3217U 1.8Ghz
Mainboard:
Memory: 6GB
Soundcard:
PSU: I don't know
Default 05-18-2017, 12:06 | posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by sverek View Post
I wouldn't recommend listening headphones with loud volume. You can permamently damage your ears, and there no cure for it.

Reason you are not comfortable with loud sound could be that sound is cracking and quality gets very low. Another reason is that you just got old and dont feel "rush" by playing on loud volume.

I think this is very good thing you are more comfortable with lower volume. I would strongly suggest to keep it.

EDIT: If you want to have fun with sound and headphones, try Dolby Headphones.
Its a feature in some soundcard that give you impression of surround sound.
I do feel this "rush" you're talking about but can't that much because the music isn't loud enough. I guess I'll stay with lower volume, thanks.