Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section
The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section Home Theater PC Enthusiasts or want to talk in High-Definition ? This is Guru3Ds Premier Community of HD and HTPC.

Calibrating Software
Old
  (#1)
Clouseau
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI RX 480 Gamming
Processor: Ryzen 1700X
Mainboard: ASUS Prime X370-Pro
Memory: GSkill Trident (2x8) 3200
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic SSR-1200PD
Default Calibrating Software - 05-08-2017, 01:04 | posts: 1,686

Reached a point in wanting to properly calibrate my set's color. Feel it is really important to get REC 709/100nits set properly so that HDR can be a natural extension past it. AM only aware of Calman Enthusiast, CalDisplay, and Lightspace HTP or HTL. Which software would give the best results using a X-Rite i1 Display Pro? So clueless in this area. Realize that will need to look at a different Colorimeter for measuring HDR; eyeing the Spectracal C6-HDR.

EDIT: Since the Sony can engage HDR mode manually, the C6-HDR is not necessary apparently. Anyone have experience using Lightspace?

Last edited by Clouseau; 05-09-2017 at 05:33.

Old
  (#2)
Clouseau
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI RX 480 Gamming
Processor: Ryzen 1700X
Mainboard: ASUS Prime X370-Pro
Memory: GSkill Trident (2x8) 3200
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic SSR-1200PD
Default 05-14-2017, 09:22 | posts: 1,686

Found out two things. One, the Spectracal C6 colorimeters are just binned X-Rite i1 Display Pros. The other was Lightspace CMS is great. Very satisfying results. Made the 10 point white balance a breeze. Only thing, have not found out how to save the calibration report.