Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Network questions and troubleshooting
Network questions and troubleshooting Does it work or doesn't it ? Discuss it here.

issue with OpenDNS..
Old
  (#1)
tsunami231
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 660gtx sig2
Processor: i7 6700k NH-D14
Mainboard: Asrock z170 Extreme 4
Memory: Corsair LPX 2400mhz 16gb
Soundcard: Realtek HD Audio
PSU: Antec HCG 750m
Default issue with OpenDNS.. - 05-04-2017, 18:20 | posts: 7,561 | Location: USA

So I had recently changed my TM822G to a TM1602A modem to see if puma 6 issue was fixed, it wasnt.

OpenDNS worked fine on the 822G and the 1602A when I changed they next day I put back the 822G and now OpenDNS show its block pretty much all sites, and if it not block it give site is insecure error.

Now IF i use OPENDNS servers threw router all devices connected to it will have this issue, IF i use OPENDNS on indivual systes on that system will have that issue.

IF i let DNS server be set automatically by ISP all is fine. This whole issue started when I put back the original 822G modem.

Anyone else ever seen issue like this?? I am thinking OPENDNS loged the mac of 1602A and locked it? and there limit to how offten the modem mac can change? I not sure seeing I sent back the 1602A around.

it been 3 days since started and it still happening