Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section
The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section Home Theater PC Enthusiasts or want to talk in High-Definition ? This is Guru3Ds Premier Community of HD and HTPC.

Intel NUC7i7BNH Heat problem :-/
Old
  (#1)
terrybogard

Videocard: Geforce GTX 980TI 6GB
Processor: Intel Core I7 5930K
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V USB3.0
Memory: 32GB DDR4-2400 Crucial
Soundcard: Realtek ALC1150 "Onboard"
PSU: Corsair CX 750M
Default Intel NUC7i7BNH Heat problem :-/ - 05-04-2017, 15:05 | posts: 26 | Location: Denmark

Hey guys I think I have a problem with my new NUC7i7BNH, and I hope that you can clarify some things.

I have installed a Samsung 960 EVO and 16GB - 2133Mhz - Kingston HyperX ram in the NUC

The problem is that when it installs programs etc. or if I execute a stress test via RealTemp, the CPU rises to about 93 degrees celsius.
Is this normal for this kind of cpu?

I know it is in a small cabinet, and that isn't ideal when it comes to heat. But when I compare this NUC to another I had (NUC6i5SYH) the fan in the new one is by far louder than the other one.

I have checked the cooling paste and it is all good and is put in the right spot

I'm thinking about unchecking the turbo setting in the BIOS, to see if that has some effect. I think it reaches 4.0ghz with that setting turned on.
But then again that just doesn't seem right to buy a product and then being forced to turn some fatures off, so that I will work properly again

Hope someone can help me understand if this is normal with this generation of cpu

Link for the NUC I just bought:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...nuc7i7bnh.html

Last edited by terrybogard; 05-04-2017 at 15:10. Reason: Forgot to put link in the thread