Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Tablets and Smart Phones
Tablets and Smart Phones Got that new HTC or Samsung Galaxy ? Discuss mobile devices, pads and tabs here.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#26)
jbmcmillan
Maha Guru
 
jbmcmillan's Avatar
 
Videocard: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
Processor: i5 2500k@4.4 GHZ.
Mainboard: Asus P8 z77 vl-k
Memory: Gskill 2x4GB 1600 DDR3
Soundcard: Onboard realtek
PSU: OCZ 1000 watt Z series
Default 04-07-2017, 22:42 | posts: 2,266 | Location: Langley,B.C. Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDooby View Post
But it does.. I can get up to 3 days out of one charge with the OnePlus3T
That was kinda the point I was making I only need a day anything beyond that is nice but not necessary for me at least.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#27)
Vibe
Member Guru
 
Vibe's Avatar
 
Videocard: sold
Processor: sold
Mainboard: trashed
Memory: sold
Soundcard:
PSU: sold
Default 04-07-2017, 23:05 | posts: 93 | Location: Indiana

the only thing interesting to me about a phone is my ability to send a text and make a phone call...imagine that. I like voice to text when driving but most of the time my little microphone icon, which is near impossible to access while driving anyway is not there. Actually I don't think it's been there for a while, guess google removed it.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
Extraordinary
Ancient Guru
 
Extraordinary's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX980 SLI
Processor: FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz / H100i
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: 12GB 2133 G.Skill
Soundcard: Creative SB1040 7.1
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Default 04-07-2017, 23:19 | posts: 17,572 | Location: 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibe View Post
the only thing interesting to me about a phone is my ability to send a text and make a phone call...imagine that. I like voice to text when driving but most of the time my little microphone icon, which is near impossible to access while driving anyway is not there. Actually I don't think it's been there for a while, guess google removed it.
I probably wouldn't notice for several weeks if I lost the ability to make calls from my phone, texts I would notice immediately, but I rarely make calls

My phone is mostly WhatsApp, Camera and Texts with some twitter & reddit apps to pass the time
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
Vibe
Member Guru
 
Vibe's Avatar
 
Videocard: sold
Processor: sold
Mainboard: trashed
Memory: sold
Soundcard:
PSU: sold
Default 04-07-2017, 23:39 | posts: 93 | Location: Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
I probably wouldn't notice for several weeks if I lost the ability to make calls from my phone, texts I would notice immediately, but I rarely make calls

My phone is mostly WhatsApp, Camera and Texts with some twitter & reddit apps to pass the time
I won't text and drive, I'll call before I do that, especially now that I can't seem to voice to text anymore. Though you'd likely notice quickly if you saw as many serious accidents as I do. I've had to call 911 for someone 4 times this year already. It's pretty sad how many bystanders flat out don't call much less help, they just stare or slowly drive by. Of course 911 operators are pretty stupid too, it's like a world of stupid these days.

Last year was the most pathetic, a lady got t-boned right in front of me on a busy highway, I was trying to pry the door open and guess how many stopped to help? 911 kept asking me stupid questions as I'm trying to wrestle this fat lady out of a tin can while holding my phone with my shoulder up to my ear like "what color is the vehicle?"...really?
No I would definitely notice if I couldn't make any calls.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#30)
moab600
Ancient Guru
 
moab600's Avatar
 
Videocard: 980TI Gaming
Processor: Core I7 4790K 4.6GHZ
Mainboard: Asus Z97 PRO 2501
Memory: 16GB DDRIII 1866MHZ
Soundcard: Asus Xonar STX II Z906
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 650W 85+Br
Default 04-08-2017, 00:10 | posts: 5,925 | Location: Israel

My use of phone is anything but a phone, a small mobile gaming device(mainly angry birds and tekken), web, some apps, whatsup, GPS and fighting with my OCD while trying to change wallpaper.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#31)
Extraordinary
Ancient Guru
 
Extraordinary's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX980 SLI
Processor: FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz / H100i
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: 12GB 2133 G.Skill
Soundcard: Creative SB1040 7.1
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Default 04-08-2017, 07:49 | posts: 17,572 | Location: 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibe View Post
I won't text and drive, I'll call before I do that, especially now that I can't seem to voice to text anymore. Though you'd likely notice quickly if you saw as many serious accidents as I do. I've had to call 911 for someone 4 times this year already. It's pretty sad how many bystanders flat out don't call much less help, they just stare or slowly drive by. Of course 911 operators are pretty stupid too, it's like a world of stupid these days.

Last year was the most pathetic, a lady got t-boned right in front of me on a busy highway, I was trying to pry the door open and guess how many stopped to help? 911 kept asking me stupid questions as I'm trying to wrestle this fat lady out of a tin can while holding my phone with my shoulder up to my ear like "what color is the vehicle?"...really?
No I would definitely notice if I couldn't make any calls.

I don't drive, so probably don't see accidents anywhere near as often as you, the past 8 years I've lived at this address I can remember 2-3 accidents, two were fairly minor bumps, one was a big one with a car flipping outside the house at 2am, but by the time I'd woken up, realised the noise was not the chimney falling off the roof, looked out of the window and my brain clicked on to what had happened, the neighbours were already out and cops etc had already been called

The last time I used my phone to call emergency services was over a decade ago when again I'd just woken up, looked out the back window and stood in shock as I saw the house opposite suddenly consumed in smoke coming from the downstairs of the property, never having seen a house fire before I guessed that's probably what it would look like and called the fire department, then ran outside to see if I could help

Got to the side of the house to see a guy standing in his open garage firing up an old broken generator that was pumping out enough smoke to cover the entire street, phoned emergency back up and explained it wasn't a house fire but they had to come out anyway, so 7am three fire engines with sirens and lights blazing came screaming into the street...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#32)
Walyngh
Newbie
 
Walyngh's Avatar
 
Videocard: Memory size
Processor: Intel Core i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: PSU
Default 04-27-2017, 19:26 | posts: 4 | Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
Just buy Nokia 3310 old version and use it about a month and then you can enjoy modern mobiles again
I liked the recommendation about the purchase of Nokia 3310. That's for sure, having lost that and having returned to the old one, you will begin to appreciate what is at the moment
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.