Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Processors and motherboards Intel
Processors and motherboards Intel Is that Core i7 or X99 chipset giving you a hard time? Enter this forum, this is all about Intel baby.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#26)
visine
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
Processor: i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Realtek ALC889
PSU: Corsair HX 850W
Default 12-11-2016, 18:42 | posts: 410 | Location: Norway

my i7-2600k is like 6 years old now, been running it @ 4.5 ghz for 4 years I think. Still rock solid, but u never know.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#27)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
Processor: 2600k HT@4 .5 + NZXT X61
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt
Default 12-11-2016, 18:51 | posts: 26,493 | Location: Netherlands

Im running the same settings (4.5Ghz) since march 2011, havent had any problems so far.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
Undying
Ancient Guru
 
Undying's Avatar
 
Videocard: R9 280X Vapor-X
Processor: Intel i5 @ 4.8Ghz-1.38v
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P
Memory: HyperX 16GB @ 2133Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek onboard
PSU: Tt ToughpowerXT 775W
Default 12-11-2016, 19:08 | posts: 9,667 | Location: Serbia, NS

Pushing this 2500k to its limits for a long time, still working although with some degradation seen in this thread (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=404666)
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
-Tj-
Ancient Guru
 
-Tj-'s Avatar
 
Videocard: ZOTAC GTX980Ti Amp!Omega
Processor: Intel i7 4770K OC 4.7GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe 2103
Memory: Gskill TridX 16GB 2400MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD @Bose A5
PSU: Nitro88+ 650W 52A
Default 12-12-2016, 00:37 | posts: 13,794 | Location: Proxima \/82

you already posted that @ 2nd post



I also posted here once, but I was able to lower it further. From 1.288v to 1.268v, maybe I could go even lower, but it takes time to test.

For example I had to use vccsa 0.040v (0.850v) and cpuv 1.288v, now vccsa 0.140v (real 0.950v) and cpuv 1.268v.. I never used vccsa more then 0.060v so guess that's why, apparently its safe air up to 1.15 -1.20v, water up to 1.30v


so anyway it turned out even better then I expected, lol found that by mistake after so looong
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#30)
Undying
Ancient Guru
 
Undying's Avatar
 
Videocard: R9 280X Vapor-X
Processor: Intel i5 @ 4.8Ghz-1.38v
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P
Memory: HyperX 16GB @ 2133Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek onboard
PSU: Tt ToughpowerXT 775W
Default 12-12-2016, 00:48 | posts: 9,667 | Location: Serbia, NS

Eh, i didnt even look.

Hey Tj, is vccsa actually helping with ram stability as well? Thinking about tightening some timings. I can also try reducing voltages here and there if that does the trick.

Last edited by Undying; 12-12-2016 at 00:53.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#31)
-Tj-
Ancient Guru
 
-Tj-'s Avatar
 
Videocard: ZOTAC GTX980Ti Amp!Omega
Processor: Intel i7 4770K OC 4.7GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe 2103
Memory: Gskill TridX 16GB 2400MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD @Bose A5
PSU: Nitro88+ 650W 52A
Default 12-12-2016, 01:00 | posts: 13,794 | Location: Proxima \/82

Yes it helps by ram OC and or combo of both, high cpu multi and high ram frequency.

By timings, well it can but there are limits, I noticed 3rd timings are the most crucial for fast read/write/copy.
I tested 0.125v vcssa and in end it still didnt help by 2600mhz OC, but I also tested this at 4.7Ghz cpu, maybe I reached its limit with ram freq., well the system either hard freezes buzz sound or bsod memory management.. Didn't try higher though, maybe I would have to use 0.200v or even 0.250v, but then it can heat more so its a bit tricky..

Although I got some proper speeds in end, read 39gb/s write 41 and copy 38gb/s, but yeah I think those 3rd timings are too tight, if I loosen them a little it already drops too much, not worth it or 2400mhz is faster.

Last edited by -Tj-; 12-12-2016 at 01:04.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#32)
Undying
Ancient Guru
 
Undying's Avatar
 
Videocard: R9 280X Vapor-X
Processor: Intel i5 @ 4.8Ghz-1.38v
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P
Memory: HyperX 16GB @ 2133Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek onboard
PSU: Tt ToughpowerXT 775W
Default 12-12-2016, 01:11 | posts: 9,667 | Location: Serbia, NS

So your offset vccsa 0.140v is a real 0.950v? Im asking becouse default is 0.925 i think and Intel also recommend not going higher than 0.975 (i think).

Gonna give it a try tommorow and play with it a little.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#33)
-Tj-
Ancient Guru
 
-Tj-'s Avatar
 
Videocard: ZOTAC GTX980Ti Amp!Omega
Processor: Intel i7 4770K OC 4.7GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe 2103
Memory: Gskill TridX 16GB 2400MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD @Bose A5
PSU: Nitro88+ 650W 52A
Default 12-12-2016, 01:21 | posts: 13,794 | Location: Proxima \/82

By haswell real stock is 0.808 - 0.816v, DC 4790K has 0.840v, guess cause of that higher frequency gap and lower binned samples with higher VID.


Yes I saw Sandy uses higher, then try to stay within your limit?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...IO-actually-do

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...29-vccio-vccsa

Ok here they say, to keep it alone @ 0.925v and use VCCIO=qpi/vtt/IMC voltage
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#34)
CrunchyBiscuit
Master Guru
 
Videocard: AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 970@3800
Mainboard: Asus M4A88T-M
Memory: Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3
Soundcard: VIA HD Audio
PSU: Corsair TX650 V2
Default 12-15-2016, 21:39 | posts: 194

I'm still running an ancient Phenom II x4 970. It's original speed is 3500MHz, but it was already unstable at default clocks (bad, bad processor). It requires a huge voltage boost just to stay stable at default clocks. I'm feeding it lots of volts now and I overclocked it to 3800MHz. Still runs stable today, but I can't clock much higher (3900MHz leads to instability, blue screens and too much heat).
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#35)
chispy
Ancient Guru
 
chispy's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX1080Ti @ 2126/6156 H2O
Processor: Ryzen 1700x @ 4102Mhz H2O
Mainboard: Asus CH VI Hero x370 AM4
Memory: DDR4-16GB @ 3555Mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: eVGA Supernova G2-1300w
Default 12-16-2016, 02:24 | posts: 7,784 | Location: In Paradise :)

I made a pc for my father around 10 years ago with a Conroe_L Celeron 430 1.8Ghz single core and has been running overclocked to 2.8Ghz @ 1.40v on a thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme all his live , my father still use that pc everyday a few hours to check his emails , facebook and play virtual slot machines.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#36)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: EVGA 1080ti SC
Processor: 2600k@4.8 w/ NH-D15S
Mainboard: P8Z77-V
Memory: G-Skills ddr3 16GB@1866
Soundcard: SoundBlaster Z
PSU: TX850
Default 01-11-2017, 12:45 | posts: 8,317 | Location: FLA,USA

A 2500k that has done 4.6 on air since day one no degradation and a 2600k under water that runs 4.8 without degradation. The 2500k is now on the shelf with the 2600k at 4.6 (will go higher) under a D15S. Gonna see if I can push it to 4.9 on air as I will be replacing the whole system this year and I feel it's time for some reckless fun.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#37)
nick0323
Maha Guru
 
nick0323's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
Processor: i5 2500k / 4.8GHz @1.36v
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3
Memory: Corsair Ven 4x4GB 1866MHz
Soundcard: Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default 03-06-2017, 00:26 | posts: 838 | Location: Old England

Hi,

My i5 2500k has run at 4.5GHz since day 1 for the last 4-5 years.

Within the last month I've began pushing it further to find an excuse for breaking it and getting a second hand 3500k CPU to unlock PCI-E 3.0 on my Motherboard. I've managed to hit 4.8GHz @ 1.36v. A considerable bump but well within range. I think I may have a good candidate here for 5GHz.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#38)
eclap
Banned
 
eclap's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
Processor: i7 7700k @5ghz NH-D15
Mainboard: Asus ROG Maximux IX Hero
Memory: 16GB Vengeance 3200mhz
Soundcard: AuneT1/AD700/DT880/HD650
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default 03-06-2017, 02:22 | posts: 31,511 | Location: Hampshire, UK

my 2500k is over 5 years old and still running the same 4.5ghz overclock. CPUZ is now reading just over 1.2v, like a notch over 1.2v
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#39)
boom12a1
Newbie
 
boom12a1's Avatar
 
Videocard: Zotac GTX1060 6Gb mini
Processor: i7-2600K
Mainboard: MSI P67A-GD65
Memory: 16GB 2133 MHz DDR3
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium
PSU: PC power&cooler 750W
Default 03-06-2017, 03:31 | posts: 37 | Location: 46.00418N 64.55275W

Wow, didn't realized it was already 6 years ago, overclocked to only 4.4 for the last 6 years, but still no issues.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#40)
thatguy91
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
Processor: Ryzen 1700X
Mainboard: MSI X370Gaming Pro Carbon
Memory: DDR3-3733@3333 C15 16 GB
Soundcard: Onboard ALC1220 Nahimic 2
PSU: Enermax Platimax 750W
Default 03-06-2017, 03:47 | posts: 6,425 | Location: Australia

Keep in mind that even if you overclocked to 4.5 GHz the CPU does clock down when the CPU performance isn't required, unless you completely disabled that in the BIOS AND in the Windows power settings. Even if you run 24/7, if you're not loading the CPU it really wouldn't make much difference than running it a couple of hours a day.

The real question would be, has anyone had such a high overclock and pushed the CPU for extended periods (at least a few hours a day), and frequently? Gaming doesn't necessarily count seing as the CPU isn't likely to be running flat out consistently. A better example would be with video encoding. Most people who have a high overclock rarely push the CPU, and as such the CPU is usually downclocked for power efficiency.

I had my i5-3570K at 4.4 GHz for a long time during winter, and 4.3 GHz in summer. I now run it at 4.3 GHz. The reason for this is it runs much cooler at 4.3 GHz, so that is what I consider a safe threshold. Keep in mind I do a very signficant amount of video encoding, with two encodes parallel to saturate the CPU, because of the CPU saturation it is a bit quicker than one at a time, and also other processing as well. I have it on 24/7, and it's basically running 100 percent the whole time.

The computer is now over 4 years old, and for that whole time, bar a little over two weeks at Christmas time, the computer has been running 24/7 at 'full' load, including AVX usage in the video encoder, and it's still going strong. Reason I mention AVX is that the new Intel CPU's have to reduce the speed for AVX seeing as there are temperature issues in heavy workloads.

I also have 2x8 GB DDR3-2400 RAM at 10-12-12-31, been running that since the original build, this helps with the encoding speed a bit, and would in theory result in higher CPU temperatures seeing as the encode rate increases.

I believe if I kept it at 4.4 GHz it wouldn't have like running like this for so long, the temperature difference between 4.3 GHz and 4.4 GHz was quite significant. I therefore believe overclocking isn't just a function of finding the point of instability and using just a bit slower than that, but it's a function of temperature as well. If you find the point at which temperatures increase signficantly and is still stable, it's from that point that you should back it off slightly such that the temperatures are manageable at full load. If this means running at 4.3 GHz instead of 4.4 GHz, when you consider how much faster that actually is in processing capability, it's not worth it.

The same goes for GPU. The common overclocking argument is find where graphics instability occurs and back it off a it. The end result of this is people complaining about the quality of their NVidia or AMD card, when in fact its their fault, they RMA it, get a replacement, and everyone else has to 'pay' for it through increased prices. Again, overclocking isn't bad, but it has to be sensible and most recommendations out there aren't.

For CPU I would recommend just below the point where temperature increases signficantly for a small bump in speed, even if the faster speed is still stable. For the GPU, I would suggest the half way point between normal clocks and the maximum overclock (the maximum overclock being the small drop back from the point where the overclock is unstable). In reality, if the game isn't playable at that speed, then it won't be playable at the faster speed.

There's three reasons to overclock:
  1. to make the most of your hardware
  2. for bragging rights
  3. both of the above

People should concentrate on point number 1, because for points number 2 and 3, no matter how much you overclock to have the highest, some other idiot will be able to do it better! And there really isn't a worthwhile performane increase in doing so.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#41)
nick0323
Maha Guru
 
nick0323's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
Processor: i5 2500k / 4.8GHz @1.36v
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3
Memory: Corsair Ven 4x4GB 1866MHz
Soundcard: Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default 03-06-2017, 13:18 | posts: 838 | Location: Old England

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy91 View Post
Keep in mind that even if you overclocked to 4.5 GHz the CPU does clock down when the CPU performance isn't required, unless you completely disabled that in the BIOS AND in the Windows power settings. Even if you run 24/7, if you're not loading the CPU it really wouldn't make much difference than running it a couple of hours a day.

The real question would be, has anyone had such a high overclock and pushed the CPU for extended periods (at least a few hours a day), and frequently? Gaming doesn't necessarily count seing as the CPU isn't likely to be running flat out consistently. A better example would be with video encoding. Most people who have a high overclock rarely push the CPU, and as such the CPU is usually downclocked for power efficiency.

I had my i5-3570K at 4.4 GHz for a long time during winter, and 4.3 GHz in summer. I now run it at 4.3 GHz. The reason for this is it runs much cooler at 4.3 GHz, so that is what I consider a safe threshold. Keep in mind I do a very signficant amount of video encoding, with two encodes parallel to saturate the CPU, because of the CPU saturation it is a bit quicker than one at a time, and also other processing as well. I have it on 24/7, and it's basically running 100 percent the whole time.

The computer is now over 4 years old, and for that whole time, bar a little over two weeks at Christmas time, the computer has been running 24/7 at 'full' load, including AVX usage in the video encoder, and it's still going strong. Reason I mention AVX is that the new Intel CPU's have to reduce the speed for AVX seeing as there are temperature issues in heavy workloads.

I also have 2x8 GB DDR3-2400 RAM at 10-12-12-31, been running that since the original build, this helps with the encoding speed a bit, and would in theory result in higher CPU temperatures seeing as the encode rate increases.

I believe if I kept it at 4.4 GHz it wouldn't have like running like this for so long, the temperature difference between 4.3 GHz and 4.4 GHz was quite significant. I therefore believe overclocking isn't just a function of finding the point of instability and using just a bit slower than that, but it's a function of temperature as well. If you find the point at which temperatures increase signficantly and is still stable, it's from that point that you should back it off slightly such that the temperatures are manageable at full load. If this means running at 4.3 GHz instead of 4.4 GHz, when you consider how much faster that actually is in processing capability, it's not worth it.

The same goes for GPU. The common overclocking argument is find where graphics instability occurs and back it off a it. The end result of this is people complaining about the quality of their NVidia or AMD card, when in fact its their fault, they RMA it, get a replacement, and everyone else has to 'pay' for it through increased prices. Again, overclocking isn't bad, but it has to be sensible and most recommendations out there aren't.

For CPU I would recommend just below the point where temperature increases signficantly for a small bump in speed, even if the faster speed is still stable. For the GPU, I would suggest the half way point between normal clocks and the maximum overclock (the maximum overclock being the small drop back from the point where the overclock is unstable). In reality, if the game isn't playable at that speed, then it won't be playable at the faster speed.

There's three reasons to overclock:
  1. to make the most of your hardware
  2. for bragging rights
  3. both of the above

People should concentrate on point number 1, because for points number 2 and 3, no matter how much you overclock to have the highest, some other idiot will be able to do it better! And there really isn't a worthwhile performane increase in doing so.
Hi,

Good argument re auto downclocking of speeds when idle. This was the first generation of CPU's which could handle an overclock and auto-down-clocking without any real problems.

I had a thought this morning as I've been pushing my CPU hard in the last month or so, maybe I should profile my overclock and only use it when a certain game/benchmark requires it. So for example my CPU runs 4.5GHz @ 1.25v which is relatively low, however it's now running at 4.8GHz @ 1.36v which is a considerable bump in voltage (temps went up 2-3 degrees which isn't bad). So as I begin to push the boundaries and reach 5.0GHz then maybe I should have my default profile as 4.5GHz and only use 4.8-5GHz for a game that desperately needs it.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#42)
kaingr
Master Guru
 
Videocard: gigabyte waterforce 1080
Processor: i7 2600k @5 ghz ht h110i
Mainboard: asus p8z68v-pro
Memory: ddr3 /2133 /16gb
Soundcard: nvidias sound driver
PSU: superflower leadex 1000w
Default 03-06-2017, 13:35 | posts: 167 | Location: greece

mine is going strong till this day though its not on air anymore but on water with an h110i ,prety sattisfied it made it this far .Whenever it desides to die its going on my wall like a painting
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#43)
Undying
Ancient Guru
 
Undying's Avatar
 
Videocard: R9 280X Vapor-X
Processor: Intel i5 @ 4.8Ghz-1.38v
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P
Memory: HyperX 16GB @ 2133Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek onboard
PSU: Tt ToughpowerXT 775W
Default 03-06-2017, 13:59 | posts: 9,667 | Location: Serbia, NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclap View Post
my 2500k is over 5 years old and still running the same 4.5ghz overclock. CPUZ is now reading just over 1.2v, like a notch over 1.2v
That voltage is low. Did you try pushing higher clocks becouse it seems you can.

Last edited by Undying; 03-06-2017 at 14:08.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#44)
eclap
Banned
 
eclap's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
Processor: i7 7700k @5ghz NH-D15
Mainboard: Asus ROG Maximux IX Hero
Memory: 16GB Vengeance 3200mhz
Soundcard: AuneT1/AD700/DT880/HD650
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default 03-06-2017, 14:33 | posts: 31,511 | Location: Hampshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying View Post
That voltage is low. Did you try pushing higher clocks becouse it seems you can.
I did when I first got the cpu. I couldn't even get 4.6 with 1.3v so I decided to stay at 4.5ghz at 1.2v. Ended up being a smart choice I guess, the cpu is still going strong.

Ahhh, here she is after some 5.5 hours of Prime95 5.5 years ago http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...91&postcount=6

Last edited by eclap; 03-06-2017 at 14:47.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#45)
Redemption80
Ancient Guru
 
Redemption80's Avatar
 
Videocard: GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
Processor: i7-2600K @ 4.7ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67
Memory: G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB
Soundcard: Nvidia - HDMI
PSU: Corsair GS800
Default 03-06-2017, 14:35 | posts: 17,722 | Location: Glasgow

I've been running this chip since I got it 24/7 on the bios auto overclock, which is around 4.5ghz.
Will double check when I'm home.

I had it up to 4.9 manually to run some benchmarks, but saw no day to day benefit of it being that high.

As mentioned, the CPU spends a lot of time at around a third of that speed.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#46)
Undying
Ancient Guru
 
Undying's Avatar
 
Videocard: R9 280X Vapor-X
Processor: Intel i5 @ 4.8Ghz-1.38v
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P
Memory: HyperX 16GB @ 2133Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek onboard
PSU: Tt ToughpowerXT 775W
Default 03-06-2017, 15:34 | posts: 9,667 | Location: Serbia, NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclap View Post
I did when I first got the cpu. I couldn't even get 4.6 with 1.3v so I decided to stay at 4.5ghz at 1.2v. Ended up being a smart choice I guess, the cpu is still going strong.

Ahhh, here she is after some 5.5 hours of Prime95 5.5 years ago http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...91&postcount=6
1.3v still isnt the worst thing. You also have a decent board. I've been using 1.4v/4.8ghz for 4 years and its still going strong.

Seeing your 980ti could use the extra processing power so trying going higher once again might not be a bad idea.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#47)
eclap
Banned
 
eclap's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
Processor: i7 7700k @5ghz NH-D15
Mainboard: Asus ROG Maximux IX Hero
Memory: 16GB Vengeance 3200mhz
Soundcard: AuneT1/AD700/DT880/HD650
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default 03-06-2017, 16:11 | posts: 31,511 | Location: Hampshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying View Post
1.3v still isnt the worst thing. You also have a decent board. I've been using 1.4v/4.8ghz for 4 years and its still going strong.

Seeing your 980ti could use the extra processing power so trying going higher once again might not be a bad idea.
The only reason to go higher and push the oc to it's limit is to make the cpu blow up. That would force my hand in upgrading the cpu/board/ram
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#48)
flow
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: MSI R9 390 1120/1600
Processor: i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68 V gen3
Memory: Corsair DDR3 16GB C9 1866
Soundcard: SoundBlaster xfi
PSU: Coolermaster M700 Silent
Default 03-06-2017, 17:34 | posts: 946 | Location: Holland

May 2011 at 4,5Ghz@1.3v upto this day.
I put my system to rest though, when I go to sleep.

Also, while 4.8Ghz doesn't bring much extra besides heat, I used to run it for tests at 1.39v, but nowadays need 1.4v at the minimum for that.
I suppose that's some kind of degradation. Motherboard is over 3 years old, broke the bios of the p8p67 and decided it was quicker and less hassle to buy a new one.

Yeah, these sandy chips seem to have a threshold, where you can reach a certain speed with low voltage, but going 100Mhz further requiring alot more. Mine behaves upto 4.6Ghz, after that it becomes irratic and wants much more juice.

Last edited by flow; 03-06-2017 at 17:39.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#49)
Jujudlapampa
Member Guru
 
Videocard: Strix GTX1070 2088/2302
Processor: I7 7700K/Noctua D15s
Mainboard: MSI Z270 Gaming pro carb.
Memory: Ballistix 2x8gb 3000mhz
Soundcard:
PSU: Be Quiet! PP L8 600W
Default 03-06-2017, 23:44 | posts: 94 | Location: France

Used my E8400@4ghz (can't remember the exact vcore, I think it was around 1.42V) for 7 years, changed it to get something better but it was still working flawlessly, so I guess it still is the case.

Loved those C2D so much <3
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#50)
germz1986
Newbie
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 970 SSC
Processor: Ryzen 1600X
Mainboard: MSI X370 Pro carbon
Memory: G.Skill 16gb 3200
Soundcard: Onboard Realtek
PSU: XFX 850
Default 03-08-2017, 01:59 | posts: 10

i7 930, bought at the tail end of 2010. Overclocked it day one to 4.2ghz. Has not degraded or needed more voltage.
I JUST replaced it with a x5670 off ebay used. Its likely 5 years old, not likely overclocked in what ever server it came out of. But is happy as can be at 4.4ghz in my rig.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.