Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

Old
  (#101)
dDub

Videocard: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
Processor: Intel i7 5820k 4.3GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-x99-UD3P r.1
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16G
Soundcard:
PSU: 1000W
Default 12-22-2016, 05:45 | posts: 13 | Location: Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dDub View Post
i'll give it a try and report back when i get a chance.
edit: doesn't seem to work for me :\ only tried The Division though. Still launches in windowed mode and as soon as i switch to fullscreen it crashes. Should i be changing settings in RTSS like application detection level, stealth mode, custon Direct3D support, etc?

Also, i'm using the UPlay version of the game.

Last edited by dDub; 12-22-2016 at 05:51.

Old
  (#102)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-22-2016, 06:17 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
edit: doesn't seem to work for me :\ only tried The Division though. Still launches in windowed mode and as soon as i switch to fullscreen it crashes. Should i be changing settings in RTSS like application detection level, stealth mode, custon Direct3D support, etc?
Nope. Then it is something related to other third party software in your system and I'm afraid I cannot help with that.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#103)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-22-2016, 06:21 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
resident evil 7 demo for me produces garbled unreadable OSD. starts off fine, but when player gets control, it looks like a new active OSD overlaps over a frozen version of the same OSD. tried all the various detection levels and OSD rendering modes. 4.3 final with rtss 6.5 injection delay used but steam overlay disabled anyways. user error on my end or others get the same?
Sounds like the game is using partial frame buffer update (probably widescreen image with static black bars on top/bottom?). Try to move OSD up/down to render in on top of areas updated on each frame.

Old
  (#104)
dDub

Soundcard:
Default 12-22-2016, 06:47 | posts: 13 | Location: Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwinder View Post
Nope. Then it is something related to other third party software in your system and I'm afraid I cannot help with that.
Only other programs i use are Precision XOC to overclock (OSD disabled) and Afterburner to monitor FPS, temps, etc (OSD enabled). DX12 in fullscreen DOES work if i disable Afterburner OSD. should Afterburner OSD not be causing the crash? sorry i'm a little confused (and probably stupid ;p).

Old
  (#105)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-22-2016, 06:48 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBeckman View Post
Interesting, guessing that's something that might be useful to keep in mind whenever MS releases the next cumulative Win10 update.
That's not something you have to keep in mind, normally function offset cache invalidation is performed automatically and transparently for end user when new version of DX runtimes is detected. The problem in this specific case was in new DX12 cache invalidation implementation where IDXGISwapChain3::ResizeBuffers1 ivalidation was associated with D3D12.DLL checksum instead of DXGI.DLL one.

Old
  (#106)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-22-2016, 06:51 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Only other programs i use are Precision XOC to overclock (OSD disabled) and Afterburner to monitor FPS, temps, etc (OSD enabled). DX12 in fullscreen DOES work if i disable Afterburner OSD. should Afterburner OSD not be causing the crash? sorry i'm a little confused.
OSD "disabled" and OSD server NOT running are not the same things. I have nothing to add to it, sorry.

Old
  (#107)
GanjaStar
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
Processor: Intel i5 4670K 4.6 1.22v
Mainboard: GA-Z87-D3HP
Memory: 16gb 2800mhz DDR3
Soundcard: x-fi extreme gamer
PSU: corsair tx 650w
Default 12-22-2016, 23:23 | posts: 1,150 | Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Quote:
Sounds like the game is using partial frame buffer update (probably widescreen image with static black bars on top/bottom?). Try to move OSD up/down to render in on top of areas updated on each frame.
yep, it's a forced 16:9 aspect ratio on my 16:10 screen. already uninstalled the demo, so can't test your suggestion, but will keep it noted for the future, thx.

Old
  (#108)
AsiJu
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 980Ti SC+/Xtreme IV
Processor: Ryzen5 1600
Mainboard: ASRock X370 Killer SLI
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ 3000/C14
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium + Z906
PSU: Tt. Toughpower XT 875 W
Default 12-29-2016, 16:24 | posts: 3,467 | Location: Finland

Quote:

Also, i'm using the UPlay version of the game.
The Division crashing when switching between windowed/fullscreen is a known issue with the latest NV drivers starting from version 376.33 iirc.

Try reverting to older drivers for the time being.

edit: it's actually listed as known issue for Maxwell GPUs but worth trying a different driver version anyway I think.

Last edited by AsiJu; 12-29-2016 at 16:28.

Old
  (#109)
dDub

Soundcard:
Default 12-30-2016, 07:34 | posts: 13 | Location: Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiJu View Post
The Division crashing when switching between windowed/fullscreen is a known issue with the latest NV drivers starting from version 376.33 iirc.

Try reverting to older drivers for the time being.

edit: it's actually listed as known issue for Maxwell GPUs but worth trying a different driver version anyway I think.
hrmn, well i'm on pascal, with an EVGA 1070 SC and The Division only crashes when switching windowed/fullscreen when DX12 is enabled andAfterburner overlay on. I am on 376.33 though. Don't think i'll bother with the hassle of reverting to old drivers though since DX11 is running well enough. I actually got a boost and fixed the sometimes starting in Windowed mode by deleting everything but 'user.bindings' in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division\ as suggested on Reddit.

Last edited by dDub; 12-30-2016 at 09:16.

Old
  (#110)
Xtreme512
Master Guru

Videocard: Gaming X GTX1060 6GB
Processor: i5 3570K 4.4GHz
Mainboard: Z77-D3H
Memory: Tactical LP 2X8G 2400CL10
Soundcard: Xonar U7 + Creative G500
PSU: Fatal1ty 550W
Default 01-21-2017, 21:41 | posts: 575 | Location: Nicosia, CY

I cant seem to find the "apply OC on startup" option. Where is it?

Old
  (#111)
EdKiefer
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI 970 Gaming 4G
Processor: i5-3570k@4.5ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77V pro
Memory: 16Gb-DDR3 1600
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair XT650
Default 01-21-2017, 22:06 | posts: 1,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme512 View Post
I cant seem to find the "apply OC on startup" option. Where is it?
It all depends on what skin you are using.

Which one?

I still use MSI default v3 and its in lower left corner.

Last edited by EdKiefer; 01-21-2017 at 22:09.

Old
  (#112)
Xtreme512
Master Guru

Default 01-21-2017, 22:07 | posts: 575 | Location: Nicosia, CY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKiefer View Post
It all depends on what skin you are using.

Which one?
dragon and the button does not work.

Old
  (#113)
EdKiefer
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 01-21-2017, 22:12 | posts: 1,321

Quote:
dragon and the button does not work.
when you say it doesn't work, does it light up when you click it.

Also there is the setting to start AB at startup in properties>general tab.

Here what I do, I set up profiles and save a few then enable the apply OC at system startup setting and then lock all profiles.

This will do a silent AB startup that triggers clock (your profile OC ) w/o starting AB GUI.
if you want GUI to then set as i mentioned above in general tab.

Last edited by EdKiefer; 01-21-2017 at 22:16.

Old
  (#114)
Xtreme512
Master Guru

Default 01-21-2017, 22:20 | posts: 575 | Location: Nicosia, CY

huh so profiles should be unlocked prior to click the apply button and light it up. OK did that now, and yes i have windows startup enabled in settings as well.

Lets see what happens in next restart. Thanks!

Old
  (#115)
EdKiefer
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 01-21-2017, 22:44 | posts: 1,321

Quote:
huh so profiles should be unlocked prior to click the apply button and light it up. OK did that now, and yes i have windows startup enabled in settings as well.

Lets see what happens in next restart. Thanks!
If you have a profile OC enabled and lock it, there no need to try and click the "apply OC at system startup" cause its done by lock, I shouldn't even enable.

In the end you should have a task scheduler listed for AB.

If all that doesn't work might be something with your profiles.
try deleting then in profile folder and restarting AB and reset profiles, thats only thing i can think of off hand.

That generally fixes any issues.

Old
  (#116)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-01-2017, 08:14 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

RTSS 6.6.0 beta 3 is available. Full 6.6.0 changes list includes the following:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner...up660Beta3.rar

o Added early experimental Vulkan API support:
- Full framerate/frametime statistics collection and framerate limiting support
- Initial On-Screen Display support. Currently “Vector 2D” is the only supported On-Screen Display rendering mode for
Vulkan applications
- Screencapture and videocapture functionality are currently not supported
o Fixed Direct3D12 function offsets cache validation algorithm in hooking system
o Improved compatibility with Direct3D9 applications, which dynamically recreate Direct3D devices
o Added new “Injection properties” compatibility settings section to “General” tab:
- Added injection delay adjustment settings for delayed hooking engine. New settings are aimed to provide an alternate
and easy to use way of disabling delayed injection for applications using 64-bit Steam and Origin overlays
- Added “Reset cache” button. The button can be used for troubleshooting to invalidate function offsets cache without reinstalling
the application
o Updated SDK:
- Added new profile management API. Profile management API allows third party applications to read, create or modify
application-specific profiles and create own built-in GUI for RivaTuner Statistics Server profile management if necessary.
- Updated RTSSSharedMemorySample sample code. Now the sample demonstrates new profile management API usage
and shows how to adjust On-Screen Display position and color in global RivaTuner Statistics Server profile from a third
party application
o Updated profiles list

Also there are some changes on Vulkan OSD implementation side comparing to the previous beta 2. Vulkan OSD should now work properly in Vulkan applications when frames are being presented from non-graphics queue. The only currently existing Vulkan application behaving this way is DOOM (only on AMD graphics cards), because it is asynchronously presenting frames form async compute queue in AMD codepath. Such presentation implementation makes Vulkan OSD rendering rather expensive in performance hit terms, because it requires forcible graphics and async compute queues synchronization. So now rendering OSD in DOOM/Vulkan on AMD cards may reduce performance by approximately 5% (the same applies to Steam FPS counter in DOOM/Vulkan on AMD), but I believe that there is some space left for optimization and it can be improved in future versions.

Last edited by Unwinder; 02-01-2017 at 08:44.

Old
  (#117)
BuildeR2
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI 1080Gaming@2075/11000
Processor: i7 4770k 4.4GHz 1.265v
Mainboard: ASUS Z97-A BIOS 2801
Memory: 2x8GB G.Skill @ 2400Mhz
Soundcard: ALC892
PSU: OCZ FTY750W
Default 02-01-2017, 08:51 | posts: 2,283 | Location: TX

Quote:
RTSS 6.6.0 beta 3 is available. Full 6.6.0 changes list includes the following:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner...up660Beta3.rar

o Added early experimental Vulkan API support:
- Full framerate/frametime statistics collection and framerate limiting support
- Initial On-Screen Display support. Currently “Vector 2D” is the only supported On-Screen Display rendering mode for
Vulkan applications
- Screencapture and videocapture functionality are currently not supported
o Fixed Direct3D12 function offsets cache validation algorithm in hooking system
o Improved compatibility with Direct3D9 applications, which dynamically recreate Direct3D devices
o Added new “Injection properties” compatibility settings section to “General” tab:
- Added injection delay adjustment settings for delayed hooking engine. New settings are aimed to provide an alternate
and easy to use way of disabling delayed injection for applications using 64-bit Steam and Origin overlays

- Added “Reset cache” button. The button can be used for troubleshooting to invalidate function offsets cache without reinstalling
the application
o Updated SDK:
- Added new profile management API. Profile management API allows third party applications to read, create or modify
application-specific profiles and create own built-in GUI for RivaTuner Statistics Server profile management if necessary.
- Updated RTSSSharedMemorySample sample code. Now the sample demonstrates new profile management API usage
and shows how to adjust On-Screen Display position and color in global RivaTuner Statistics Server profile from a third
party application
o Updated profiles list

Also there are some changes on Vulkan OSD implementation side comparing to the previous beta 2. Vulkan OSD should now work properly in Vulkan applications when frames are being presented from non-graphics queue. The only currently existing Vulkan application behaving this way is DOOM (only on AMD graphics cards), because it is asynchronously presenting frames form async compute queue in AMD codepath. Such presentation implementation makes Vulkan OSD rendering rather expensive in performance hit terms, because it requires forcible graphics and async compute queues synchronization. So now rendering OSD in DOOM/Vulkan on AMD cards may reduce performance by approximately 5% (the same applies to Steam FPS counter in DOOM/Vulkan on AMD), but I believe that there is some space left for optimization and it can be improved in future versions.
If I intend to install this over 6.6.0Beta2, should I first remove the line of code from the global config file that already does the injection delay? Also, thanks for all of your amazing work. I'll install this new beta in the coming days and report back with any findings.

Old
  (#118)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-01-2017, 10:08 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildeR2 View Post
If I intend to install this over 6.6.0Beta2, should I first remove the line of code from the global config file that already does the injection delay? Also, thanks for all of your amazing work. I'll install this new beta in the coming days and report back with any findings.
You may install it on top, global template config will be anyway overwritten by installer.

Old
  (#119)
kx11
Maha Guru

Videocard: Titan Xp
Processor: i7 6900k
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage V 10th ed.
Memory: G.skill Trident Z RGB
Soundcard:
PSU: EVGA 1000 g2
Default 02-02-2017, 17:31 | posts: 2,318 | Location: Qatar

tried it with DOOM , works fine

Old
  (#120)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-02-2017, 20:12 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

DOOM was working before with beta 2 as well on NVIDIA cards, Vulkan related improvements in beta 3 are specific to DOOM/Vulkan AMD codepath.

Old
  (#121)
kx11
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 02-02-2017, 21:36 | posts: 2,318 | Location: Qatar

i didn't know there was a beta 2

Old
  (#122)
JonasBeckman
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 Fury OC
Processor: i7-3930K @ 4.1Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Asus ROG Phoebus
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default 02-02-2017, 22:09 | posts: 13,092 | Location: Sweden

Superseded now with this beta #3 but it was on post #63 on page 3, I missed a few releases of Afterburner 4.3.0 when that had public beta releases.

Old
  (#123)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-03-2017, 16:24 | posts: 13,018 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Excellent news, I'm happy to inform you that I completely finished implementation of Vulkan OSD support. Raster 3D mode is now also supported in beta 4. I'm currently on AMD 2x480 Crossifre system, so any feedback on Raster 3D mode in Vulkan from NVIDIA users is welcome.

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/...up660Beta4.zip

While we're testing Vulkan OSD support, I'll proceed with Vulkan screencapture/videocapture implementation, probably release couple more betas then we'll launch official RTSS 6.6.0.

Old
  (#124)
RealNC
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
Mainboard: MSI P67A-C43
Memory: DDR3 16GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, JBL Spot
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 02-03-2017, 22:32 | posts: 1,021

Raster 3D is bugged on NVidia:

http://i.imgur.com/iRrQD1f.png

(378.49, Windows 10 64-bit)

Old
  (#125)
kx11
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 02-04-2017, 02:23 | posts: 2,318 | Location: Qatar

Quote:
Excellent news, I'm happy to inform you that I completely finished implementation of Vulkan OSD support. Raster 3D mode is now also supported in beta 4. I'm currently on AMD 2x480 Crossifre system, so any feedback on Raster 3D mode in Vulkan from NVIDIA users is welcome.

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/...up660Beta4.zip

While we're testing Vulkan OSD support, I'll proceed with Vulkan screencapture/videocapture implementation, probably release couple more betas then we'll launch official RTSS 6.6.0.

i'm using this version now and the OSD doesn't work with Ghost recon beta

i'll try older beta 3 version

edit:
RTSS 6.6.0 beta 3 didn't work either

rolled back to 6.5.0 and it works just fine

Last edited by kx11; 02-04-2017 at 02:33.