Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Game Tweaks and Modifications
Game Tweaks and Modifications This forum is dedicated to game modifications and tweaks. Here you can discuss performance and image quality modifications.

Old
  (#26)
Dvirzigel

Videocard: Gtx 970 4gb
Processor: Intel core i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: EPS 12V
Default 10-08-2016, 17:17 | posts: 13

Sorry for all the questions but is there anyway that you're adding E3 tonemap thing?

Old
  (#27)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX970 Gaming 4g SLI
Processor: i7 4790k
Mainboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Memory: HyperX Fury 1600MHz 32GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
Default 10-08-2016, 18:26 | posts: 427 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvirzigel View Post
Sorry for all the questions but is there anyway that you're adding E3 tonemap thing?
I might make an optional version. But I'll have to see if it'll conflict with any changes.

Old
  (#28)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Default 10-08-2016, 19:02 | posts: 427 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

Nah, it makes the bloom go insane.

Old
  (#29)
txgt
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME
Memory: Team Xtreem 2600MHz 16GB
Soundcard: GTX 770 HDMI
PSU: Cooler Master SPG 1200W
Default 10-09-2016, 22:39 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrasher View Post
Nah, it makes the bloom go insane.
Did you tried it with vanilla bloom.lib?

Old
  (#30)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Default 10-10-2016, 18:51 | posts: 427 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgt View Post
Did you tried it with vanilla bloom.lib?
I`ll try.

Old
  (#31)
txgt
Master Guru

Default 10-10-2016, 20:05 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

Quote:
I`ll try.
Also you may have to revert all bloom values in windycity.xml back to vanilla ones in order for this to work.

Old
  (#32)
KAOS GAMING
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 960 4gb
Processor: intel core i5 4460
Mainboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PT
Memory: 8gb DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 550w
Default 10-31-2016, 17:40 | posts: 152 | Location: Egypt

so far it is the best looking mod i have ever seen till now it is so close to the e3

Old
  (#33)
MOJ98

Videocard: Zotac GTX 760 2Gb
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1
Memory: Kingston 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair CX430
Default 12-02-2016, 15:55 | posts: 34 | Location: Recife, PE, Brazil

This is the best, most complete pack i've found. Simply because it mixes almost everything else from e3 with Danvsw's Natural & Realistic lighting mod. There is just one problem. The game alone only with Danvsw's mod still looks better, more realistic than this pack (darker and stronger colors), and i feel like the only thing that causes that is the "e3 bloom" coming from every light source and making the screen bright in almost every daytime situation. Is there anyway to disable just it so i can have normal Danvsw's mod look but without losing anything from the e3 mods? Because, you know, i don't want to make my own pack just because i don't like the bloom specifically. And also how do i disable the fog? I feel like it is very demaning, since it's another thing that is present on the MASHUP pack but not in Danvsw's mod and for some reason the MASHUP pack runs noticeably worse so it may be the cause.

Old
  (#34)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Default 12-03-2016, 03:35 | posts: 427 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

If you berid the game of bloom and fog, you'd just get a game that looks similar to e3 lite v2 with no fog.

The bloom really ties the "graphical enhancement" together, being integral to some of the shots.

Maybe in the future I will make updates to this, but not in the near future, due to recovering from a major spine surgery making me bedridden.

I also apologize for the extreme sharpening, I have an astigmatism in both eyes, so the high sharpening looks fine to me.

Old
  (#35)
MOJ98

Soundcard:
Default 12-03-2016, 18:52 | posts: 34 | Location: Recife, PE, Brazil

Spine surgery??? At like what, 17 years old?!?! What happened?

Now talking about the modding:

Nevermind, i figured it out myself.

Actually it was pretty simple: first, of course, i learned to open the patch files. Then what i did was literally copy and paste Danvsw's Natural & Realistic lighting mod files over your pack, so its characteristics should prevail, and also remove "bloom.lib" file. Now i have all of the other e3 mods but with Danvsw's visuals. Detail: i used the "Dry" (vannilla weather cicle) version since it gets annoying if it's always raining when i exit the safehouse, and graphics look outstanding already even without all the rain details.

I also mixed his Reshade preset with yours, and trust me, now it's as good as it could get. All i did was mix your sharpness setting with his color correction setting on the same preset (but i didn't include anything else, like your e3 green tint, which in my opinion makes everything far less realistic).
And i disabled Reshade's SMAA, also disabling any in-game AA and enabling FXAA only through Nvidia CP, since in my opinion it removes jaggies better than any other form of low-cost AA you can get in-game and is not really that blurry.

About the bloom, i think it's far from making the graphics better or realistic. All it does is get the visuals closer to e3, but that doesn't mean it's better this way. The color aurea is too big and strong in my opinion and like i said before, it makes the screen almost entirely brighter when compared to Danvsw's mod only, i even did some comparison shots myself and there is not way the game looks better nor realistic with the bloom.

About the sharpening, i think it looks exactly as it should, definitively not exaggerated.

One more thing: The performance, as i said, is noticeably better with Danvsw's settings (no fog) so it's pretty much confirmed that it's it what causes the performance loss. And i honestly prefer it that way, since the fog is a little buggy (it suddenly "spawns" when you exit indoors and i can notice it) and overral it hides a lot of detail, including on city background. It's just unrealistic. Maybe it's nice for screenshooting.

Old
  (#36)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Default 12-03-2016, 20:55 | posts: 427 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJ98 View Post
I was born with congenital scoliosis.

Old
  (#37)
txgt
Master Guru

Default 12-03-2016, 23:32 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

Quote:

Now talking about the modding:

Nevermind, i figured it out myself.

Actually it was pretty simple: first, of course, i learned to open the patch files. Then what i did was literally copy and paste Danvsw's Natural & Realistic lighting mod files over your pack, so its characteristics should prevail, and also remove "bloom.lib" file. Now i have all of the other e3 mods but with Danvsw's visuals. Detail: i used the "Dry" (vannilla weather cicle) version since it gets annoying if it's always raining when i exit the safehouse, and graphics look outstanding already even without all the rain details.

I also mixed his Reshade preset with yours, and trust me, now it's as good as it could get. All i did was mix your sharpness setting with his color correction setting on the same preset (but i didn't include anything else, like your e3 green tint, which in my opinion makes everything far less realistic).
And i disabled Reshade's SMAA, also disabling any in-game AA and enabling FXAA only through Nvidia CP, since in my opinion it removes jaggies better than any other form of low-cost AA you can get in-game and is not really that blurry.

About the bloom, i think it's far from making the graphics better or realistic. All it does is get the visuals closer to e3, but that doesn't mean it's better this way. The color aurea is too big and strong in my opinion and like i said before, it makes the screen almost entirely brighter when compared to Danvsw's mod only, i even did some comparison shots myself and there is not way the game looks better nor realistic with the bloom.

About the sharpening, i think it looks exactly as it should, definitively not exaggerated.

One more thing: The performance, as i said, is noticeably better with Danvsw's settings (no fog) so it's pretty much confirmed that it's it what causes the performance loss. And i honestly prefer it that way, since the fog is a little buggy (it suddenly "spawns" when you exit indoors and i can notice it) and overral it hides a lot of detail, including on city background. It's just unrealistic. Maybe it's nice for screenshooting.
The performance is bad on Ultra mainly because of the increased LOD distances & Reflection quality. You can just take a few files from Danwsv's mod and put it in Crasher's mod.

For bloom & fog copy these files:
generated\databases\generic\bloom.lib
generated\databases\generic\environmentfog.lib
worlds\windy_city\generated\windy_city.game.xml

If the lighting or sky looks weird also copy these:
generated\databases\generic\environmentlighting.li b
generated\databases\generic\sky.lib
generated\databases\generic\clouds.lib

For better performance copy this file:
engine\settings\defaultrenderconfig.xml

Old
  (#38)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 980Ti 6GB
Processor: i7 3820 @3.6ghz
Mainboard: ASROCK x79 EXTREME 4
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Soundcard: M-Audio Pro fire 610
PSU: Thermaltech 730w B
Default 12-04-2016, 10:25 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

look cool, gonna try this

Old
  (#39)
MOJ98

Soundcard:
Default 12-04-2016, 16:19 | posts: 34 | Location: Recife, PE, Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgt View Post
The performance is bad on Ultra mainly because of the increased LOD distances & Reflection quality. You can just take a few files from Danwsv's mod and put it in Crasher's mod.

For bloom & fog copy these files:
generated\databases\generic\bloom.lib
generated\databases\generic\environmentfog.lib
worlds\windy_city\generated\windy_city.game.xml

If the lighting or sky looks weird also copy these:
generated\databases\generic\environmentlighting.li b
generated\databases\generic\sky.lib
generated\databases\generic\clouds.lib

For better performance copy this file:
engine\settings\defaultrenderconfig.xml
Thank you! I already solved the performance problem by just overwriting files, but now i know exactly which files and i can mess up a bit more with them =]

Now talking about the bloom, let me correct myself.

It is NOT what causes the screen to be brighter and more unrealistic when comparing the MASHUP pack to Danvsw's mod. I just put the MASHUP bloom.lib file to test and, while i can see the bloom coming from small light sources again, the game overral looks the same, leading to the conclusion that it must be the fog what caused that (one more reason to keep it off).

But i still prefer it without bloom (Danvsw's bloom.lib), because the game anyway looks more realistic this way, especially talking about the "door" bloom coming from outsides. With the MASHUP file it gets too overkill, and breaks the natural feeling of Danvsw's mod.

@TheCrasher - I recommend uploading an alternative pack made the way i did, for more realism and less "e3", optionally.

Old
  (#40)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Default 12-04-2016, 16:36 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

look really cool ! i didnt try the reshade part since i have my own, but its pretty good, the DOF is a bit aggressive but its perfect for filming/screenshoting

Last edited by Essenthy; 12-04-2016 at 16:41.

Old
  (#41)
MOJ98

Soundcard:
Default 12-04-2016, 19:08 | posts: 34 | Location: Recife, PE, Brazil

Nevermind

I just changed my opinion XD

I did some more comparisons between the "natural" patch files and the "e3" patch files, and now suddenly i think the e3 is cooler. I mean, the natural still looks more realistic (and maybe better for screenshots), but when playing the game what really gives a nice feeling is the e3 look (fog+bloom). It's more cinematic, and that's what counts more during gameplay. Anyway, now i have 2 patch files "presets", and i can change between them easily, so,

@TheCrasher
Why won't you put txgt's Light DOF mod as default in your pack? The DOF setting that comes with it is the exaggerated one, which is not suitable for gameplay.

Last edited by MOJ98; 12-04-2016 at 19:10.

Old
  (#42)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Default 12-04-2016, 19:26 | posts: 427 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

I'll consider adding less harsh DOF, once I get back to by main PC.

Old
  (#43)
MOJ98

Soundcard:
Default 12-04-2016, 21:56 | posts: 34 | Location: Recife, PE, Brazil

Is it just me or even with mods the game doesn't cast shadows from small lamps? I mean, at least Aiden's body doesn't create shadows on the ground coming from the lamps on the corridor outside his apartment door at night, for example.

Another thing: I'm surprised that bullets still doesn't make the "splash" effect when shot at water, after so much modding. It looks like they just pass water without even touching it. Did anyone tried to fix that? Maybe getting the effect that the grenade launcher actually does and making a "mini" version of it, then applying it to bullets.

One more thing: I see ridiculous cubemap reflections on windows is still a problem. Haven't anyone tried to replace them with dynamic reflections yet? If i'm correct vehicles have it, so why other glass surfaces don't, Ubisoft???

Old
  (#44)
puredorian
Master Guru

Videocard: AMD MSI R9 280X
Processor: AMD FX-4300
Mainboard: MSI 970A-G46
Memory: Kingston 4x2 1600Mhz DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: Thermaltake 650W
Default 12-05-2016, 17:52 | posts: 171 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Is it just me or even with mods the game doesn't cast shadows from small lamps? I mean, at least Aiden's body doesn't create shadows on the ground coming from the lamps on the corridor outside his apartment door at night, for example.

Another thing: I'm surprised that bullets still doesn't make the "splash" effect when shot at water, after so much modding. It looks like they just pass water without even touching it. Did anyone tried to fix that? Maybe getting the effect that the grenade launcher actually does and making a "mini" version of it, then applying it to bullets.

One more thing: I see ridiculous cubemap reflections on windows is still a problem. Haven't anyone tried to replace them with dynamic reflections yet? If i'm correct vehicles have it, so why other glass surfaces don't, Ubisoft???
Eh, I don't know, those things aren't so simple to begin with, for example, many game elements that were intended to be there simply are not in the final release of the game, blowback on a guns, for example. Can be seen that they're not working even on cutscenes. Some kind of error in the code probably. About water splashes, there's no proof that it was functional before the released the game, either way, it was overlooked.

There some hidden shennigans, inside .exe or what not, that doesn't execute code very well.

Things that were cut, before the delay.

- Physics of coat
- Blowback
- Animations
- Driving physics
- Old Skills menu
- Vehicle camera
- Old UI
- Lighting(already re-implemented, thanks to modders )

Last shown demo was a 14 min demo, before the release of the game(I think), these are the things just on top of my head, that was present before they delayed the game(and made the cut). These are things that are most complicated when it comes to restoring it, and I don't think they're can be restored to exact state either. Since we're missing filelist, we're missing a way to execute certain scripts into engine correctly, we can just swap files basically, which can be critical, as engine doesn't understand the right logic behind such swaps.

Something like this https://youtu.be/mIqpu5SC58Y would greatly improve our skills and abilities.

Last edited by puredorian; 12-05-2016 at 17:56.

Old
  (#45)
MOJ98

Soundcard:
Default 12-07-2016, 19:05 | posts: 34 | Location: Recife, PE, Brazil

But what about changing cubemap reflections to dynamic reflections?

And also how do i increase dynamic shadows resolution? Because they are clearly rendering in lower resolution than normal shadows, and even if i put shadows at ultra (which surprisingly increase both shadows resolutions) i still think dynamic shadows look a bit pixelated. Is there anyway to control its resolution only?

Old
  (#46)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Default 12-07-2016, 22:49 | posts: 427 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

In the large CToS building in downtown chicago (the one close to DoT ConeXion)
there are some glass display cases which have dynamic reflections; but I don't know where the code for that object is.

If we do find the code, you'll have to change the code for each and every building that has windows, since the setting isn't global.

(I also don't recommend this, because of Disrupt's many memory leak issues, and performance hiccups)

Old
  (#47)
The Silver
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 12-08-2016, 01:28 | posts: 413

Well even The Division lacks dynamic windows reflections on buildings, and that's a beautiful optimized advanced engine, so I really don't think that it would be worth it even if possible. Anyway me and Infiniium tried to change the buildings windows glass material to give it dynamic reflections but it seems like there's no way to make it work on those surfaces materials. You can find our research in these forums, probably in his skins topic but I'm not sure...

Last edited by The Silver; 12-08-2016 at 01:32.

Old
  (#48)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Default 12-08-2016, 15:14 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

noticed that Storm weather condition lack bloom, clear weather has way more bloom

Old
  (#49)
MOJ98

Soundcard:
Default 12-08-2016, 16:17 | posts: 34 | Location: Recife, PE, Brazil

About the e3 tonemap:
Quote:
I`ll try.
How did it end up?

And that interior lightning bug present on Danvsw's mod was never fixed? I have it here.

Last edited by MOJ98; 12-08-2016 at 16:19.

Old
  (#50)
txgt
Master Guru

Default 12-08-2016, 20:06 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

Quote:
And also how do i increase dynamic shadows resolution? Because they are clearly rendering in lower resolution than normal shadows, and even if i put shadows at ultra (which surprisingly increase both shadows resolutions) i still think dynamic shadows look a bit pixelated. Is there anyway to control its resolution only?
You mean Headlight shadows? If yes then it could be possible to increase the resolution inside headlight xmls from "dynamiclightprefab.lib" file. But those xmls are all binhex coded. It will take alot of time to find the resolution setting (if it exist).

Quote:
And that interior lightning bug present on Danvsw's mod was never fixed? I have it here.
Trust me, the interior lighting is better left alone. It is possible to prevent the fog from changing when you go to interiors, but it will make all the interiors ultra foggy if current global fog is very strong. It looks bad and weird. Also there's no way to prevent dynamic reflections from fading out when you enter interiors.

Tags
e3 2012, watch dogs, watch dogs definitive mod, watch dogs e3 mod, watch dogs mod