Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - AMD Radeon
Videocards - AMD Radeon AMD Radeon graphics cards. Do you have one or want to buy one? Use this forum to discuss anything concerning products using Radeon graphics cards, CrossFireX, from Radeon HD 7800 to R9 390X

Old
  (#1401)
OnnA
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Nitro Fiji-X HBM 1150/570
Processor: ZEN x8 k17 + Nepton 280L
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
Memory: 16GB 3200 CL15 1T Ripjaws
Soundcard: SB-z Nichicon + Wood 5.1
PSU: Seasonic-X 750W Platinum
Lightbulb 06-09-2017, 18:23 | posts: 3,121 | Location: HolyWater Village

AMD Vega 16GB & 8GB Graphics Card Specs

Vega graphics cards are among AMDís most eagerly anticipated products. Hardware enthusiasts, gamers and professional content creators all have something to look forward to with these new high performance graphics processors and for good reason.
Theyíre based on AMDís entirely new Vega graphics architecture which brings a dozen new features to the table, improved gaming, content creation & AI performance as well as improved power efficiency.

AMD will be debuting its first product based on the Vega architecture later this month called the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition. Apple announced earlier in the week that it will be leveraging the impressive workstation capabilities of AMDís Vega chips in its upcoming iMac pro.
Gamers will be able to get their hands on RX Vega cards in late July when they launch at Siggraph. These parts will be specifically optimized for games and according to Radeon graphics guru Raja Koduri they will be even faster than the Frontier Edition.

Thanks to Appleís announcement we now know for certain that there will be at least two tiers of Vega chips. The flagship part will feature 64 compute units and the next in line will have 56 compute units.
Koduri had also confirmed during an AMA session last month that gaming Vega graphics cards will be available with 8GB of memory and that theyíre looking at the possibility of launching 16GB gaming parts as well. Itís not yet clear whether weíll see 4GB Vega based graphics cards, to date weíve yet to see any 4GB Vega engineering samples but it remains a possibility.

With that said letís look at the leaked 16GB and 8GB Vega specs courtesy of VCZ, weíll be skipping the older engineering samples because theyíre no longer relevant. Interestingly, we have two Radeon Vega Frontier Edition parts that have been leaked, they share identical GPU clock speed and memory capacity specs and differ in memory clock speeds.

AMD has already announced that the Vega Frontier Edition has 480GB/s of memory bandwidth, which suggests that the slightly lower clocked part could be an older part that wonít make it to production.
The 8GB Vega engineering sample is the more intriguing one however. It has a slightly lower GPU frequency and a very slightly lower memory frequency.
Notably though it has significantly more memory bandwidth than the Radeon Pro Vega 64 and Radeon Pro Vega 56 workstation cards that will go inside the IMac Pro. This makes the engineering sample a likely candidate to be a precursor to the gaming Vega card that weíll see AMD launch in July.

THX goes to -> VideoCardz and WCCFtech

Old
  (#1402)
Romulus_ut3
Master Guru

Videocard: HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB Boost
Processor: Core i5 3470 @ 3.8 GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Rev 1
Memory: Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 CL9
Soundcard: Creative 24 bit Live! 5.1
PSU: Thermaltake 650W Smart
Default 06-12-2017, 07:42 | posts: 523 | Location: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loophole35 View Post
Good job taking one sentence out of the post and therefore removing the context. Talk about bias.

Here is the whole quote. Read it a few times. Maybe read it slowly. If you still don't get it maybe just put me on ignore.
I urge you to read what you wrote by yourself, again. Take your time, and read it a few times. Then, read it slowly, If you still don't get it, get back to me and I'll explain where you've gone wrong and how little you understand about game development and sponsorship.

Though, I don't have my hopes up after seeing how bias you're in defending your own bias.

Old
  (#1403)
OnnA
Ancient Guru

Arrow 06-12-2017, 10:37 | posts: 3,121 | Location: HolyWater Village

OK Easy

Everyone has some Bias
And we can't go and blame each other for that is not mature
nV Has now the best Perf->tW->$ Ratio in 1080 GPU, no point in arguing about it.
Besides nV has more Devs in pocket than ATI and we know that also

We have to have hope that Devs will be Frank to Us Gamers and will give us good optimised games for any vendor.

As for now (nV Sponsored):
Tekken 7 -> Running OK
NFS 2016 -> OK
Rainbow6 Siedge -> OK

Last edited by OnnA; 06-12-2017 at 10:40.

Old
  (#1404)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 1080ti SC
Processor: 2600k@4.8 w/ NH-D15S
Mainboard: P8Z77-V
Memory: G-Skills ddr3 16GB@1866
Soundcard: SoundBlaster Z
PSU: TX850
Default 06-12-2017, 12:49 | posts: 8,427 | Location: FLA,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_ut3 View Post
I urge you to read what you wrote by yourself, again. Take your time, and read it a few times. Then, read it slowly, If you still don't get it, get back to me and I'll explain where you've gone wrong and how little you understand about game development and sponsorship.

Though, I don't have my hopes up after seeing how bias you're in defending your own bias.
And I urge you to take your head out of your ass.

The game in question is a AMD sponsored game. I said that this is what you get with and AMD sponsored game. And that I don't want any developer favoring a manufacturer over any other. Just like Gameworks. I can't stand this crap. Just make the game and reach out to both vendors to get your game performing best on both.

I suggest you put me on ignore as you cannot take your own bias out of the equation. You are so bias yourself that you see objectivity as bias against your bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnnA View Post
We have to have hope that Devs will be Frank to Us Gamers and will give us good optimised games for any vendor.
Problem is that gaming has become too popular. What was at first a labor of love with game creators/developers, has become big business. All that matters now is profit and if a publisher/dev can take sponsorship money right from the start they really don't care what it does to the final product. See Tomb Raider with TressFX, Gameworks in The Witcher 3, the Borderlands. The list is long.

Last edited by Loophole35; 06-12-2017 at 12:55.

Old
  (#1405)
OnnA
Ancient Guru

Wink 06-12-2017, 13:04 | posts: 3,121 | Location: HolyWater Village

What was at first a labor of love with game creators/developers, has become big business.

It is said that: Money destroys everything....

But there is light in the end of an tunnel

Last edited by OnnA; 06-12-2017 at 13:06.

Old
  (#1406)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Default 06-12-2017, 13:10 | posts: 8,427 | Location: FLA,USA

Quote:
What was at first a labor of love with game creators/developers, has become big business.

It is said that: Money destroys everything....

But there is light in the end of an tunnel
Yep could not agree more. I'm optimistic but realistic at the same time. Gaming will never go back to what it used to be.

Old
  (#1407)
Only Intruder
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
Processor: i5 4690K
Mainboard: Z97P-D3
Memory: 16GB HyperX Savage CL9
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi FPS
PSU: EVGA 750 GQ
Default 06-12-2017, 13:16 | posts: 814 | Location: UK

Quote:
Problem is that gaming has become too popular. What was at first a labor of love with game creators/developers, has become big business. All that matters now is profit and if a publisher/dev can take sponsorship money right from the start they really don't care what it does to the final product. See Tomb Raider with TressFX, Gameworks in The Witcher 3, the Borderlands. The list is long.
From AMD's point of view though, they don't use blackbox software solutions - TressFX is an open standard - heck in Rise of the Tomb Raider, that's still TressFX but it's been optimised to run well on both vendors and the original TressFX it didn't take long for nVidia to optimise their drivers for it.

I don't want to split hairs though, it is unfair that sponsored games prefer one vendor over the other but if we give AMD one thing, they encourage open development and better use of APIs available as opposed to using closed source blackbox solutions (this is my only gripe with nVidia sponsorships).

Another thing about game sponsorships and this goes for both vendors, they help ensure games run well on PC if we compare to console ports, often ports are lazily done with little regard for optimum use of hardware - remember Assassins Creed? Ubisoft released a title that exceeded the number of drawcalls that an API could handle. Though I guess this is the best case scenario of sponsorships.

Old
  (#1408)
OnnA
Ancient Guru

Lightbulb 06-12-2017, 13:44 | posts: 3,121 | Location: HolyWater Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Intruder View Post
From AMD's point of view though, they don't use blackbox software solutions - TressFX is an open standard - heck in Rise of the Tomb Raider, that's still TressFX but it's been optimised to run well on both vendors and the original TressFX it didn't take long for nVidia to optimise their drivers for it.

I don't want to split hairs though, it is unfair that sponsored games prefer one vendor over the other but if we give AMD one thing, they encourage open development and better use of APIs available as opposed to using closed source blackbox solutions (this is my only gripe with nVidia sponsorships).

Another thing about game sponsorships and this goes for both vendors, they help ensure games run well on PC if we compare to console ports, often ports are lazily done with little regard for optimum use of hardware - remember Assassins Creed? Ubisoft released a title that exceeded the number of drawcalls that an API could handle. Though I guess this is the best case scenario of sponsorships.
+1 (BTW We all know about it)

And +3 for this: "...give AMD one thing, they encourage open development and better use of APIs (and new APIs) available as opposed to using closed source blackbox solutions..."

This is from Metro Exodus (THS to MS game is Xbox X and WinX exclusive, so it will be DX12 game) :

Click to show spoiler

Also Forza 7 looking really great (DX12 BTW)
But as always we need more devs to go for new better APIs (Full with SM/VM 6.0) -> Then we can make a progress fast...

After all it's better in GFX/SFX and Optimisation can be great.
Some say, but DX12 looks same as DX11 ! yes because that was only optimisations not Full DX12/Vulcan API !

Games from E3 that looking really great? (Here-> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wI83c7E4_kutzS)
SW BF2
NFS and Forza 7
Metro
Anthem

Last edited by OnnA; 06-12-2017 at 13:58.

Old
  (#1409)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Default 06-12-2017, 14:08 | posts: 8,427 | Location: FLA,USA

Metro and Anthem both look great but Metro is the first truly Next-Gen looking games we have seen on DX12. So looking forward to that game.

Old
  (#1410)
Romulus_ut3
Master Guru

Default 06-12-2017, 15:01 | posts: 523 | Location: Bangladesh

Quote:
And I urge you to take your head out of your ass.

The game in question is a AMD sponsored game. I said that this is what you get with and AMD sponsored game. And that I don't want any developer favoring a manufacturer over any other. Just like Gameworks. I can't stand this crap. Just make the game and reach out to both vendors to get your game performing best on both.
And I urge you to learn manners first. It's evident beyond the shadow of a doubt that your head is so deep up your ass, you're starting to believe in your own ****.

The fact of the matter is, some of your posts are so full of misinformation, it's not even funny. Prey, despite being AMD sponsored, doesn't favor AMD's own hardware over nvidias. Check benchmarks and you'll see the GTX 1060 coming out ahead of the RX 480, The Fury X trailing the GTX 980 Ti. Yet, you somehow brazenly claim that whenever AMD sponsors a title, the game comes out broken. Funny enough, games like Assassin's Creed Unity or Batman Arkham Knight aren't AMD sponsored, quite the opposite. I suppose if AMD and nvidia shouldn't sponsor games, you will with your set of middleware that's readily available and can be integrated into game engines? The more you post, the more it shows that you've little to no idea how games are developed. And sometimes, it's not the sponsors fault. nvidia had nothing to do with the state Arkham Knight was launched, the same is applicable to Prey.

One last thing, stop telling people what to do. This is a public forum and not your yard. If you can't hold a constructive discussion, that's your problem not mine.

Last edited by Romulus_ut3; 06-12-2017 at 15:10.

Old
  (#1411)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Default 06-12-2017, 15:14 | posts: 8,427 | Location: FLA,USA

Quote:
And I urge you to learn manners first. It's evident beyond the shadow of a doubt that your head is so deep up your ass, you're starting to believe in your own ****.

The fact of the matter is, some of your posts are so full of misinformation, it's not even funny. Prey, despite being AMD sponsored, doesn't favor AMD's own hardware over nvidias. Check benchmarks and you'll see the GTX 1060 coming out ahead of the RX 480, The Fury X trailing the GTX 980 Ti. Yet, you somehow brazenly claim that whenever AMD sponsors a title, the game comes out broken. Funny enough, games like Assassin's Creed Unity or Batman Arkham Knight aren't AMD sponsored, quite the opposite. I suppose if AMD and nvidia shouldn't sponsor games, you will with your set of middleware that's readily available and can be integrated into game engines? The more you post, the more it shows that you've little to no idea how games are developed. And sometimes, it's not the sponsors fault. nvidia had nothing to do with the state Arkham Knight was launched, the same is applicable to Prey.

One last thing, stop telling people what to do. This is a public forum and not your yard. If you can't hold a constructive discussion, that's your problem not mine.
I love how brazenly bad your reading comprehension is. Have a wonderful day. Remember sweetheart you attacked me first don't act like the victim now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Intruder View Post

I don't like blackbox type software either. I try to avoid Gameworks titles if possible. But don't act as though AMD is always open and transparent. Mantle was never open (even though they said it would be) granted itwas used as a base for DX12 and Vulcan. Honestly I never expected Nvida to utilize Mantle anyways as it was designed from the ground up to leverage GCN Like Gameworks add-ons favor Nvida with tessellation. TressFX eventually was no a mess on Nvidia but it was never going to be optimal on Nvidia as it leveraged GCN strengths.

Again I don't like devs taking money or software tech from either company. But if they did I wish they would only utilize what they deem to be useable for both vendors.

Last edited by Loophole35; 06-12-2017 at 15:23.

Old
  (#1412)
OnnA
Ancient Guru

Lightbulb 06-12-2017, 16:17 | posts: 3,121 | Location: HolyWater Village

Watch this:

-> [1440p/4K] Star Wars Battlefront 2 PC Ultra Settings First Look!

Old
  (#1413)
PrMinisterGR
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
Processor: Core i7 2600k@4.5GHz
Mainboard: Sapphire Pure Black P67
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar D2X
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Default 06-12-2017, 16:29 | posts: 6,846

Quote:
But don't act as though AMD is always open and transparent. Mantle was never open (even though they said it would be) granted itwas used as a base for DX12 and Vulcan.
Mantle was made to make a point, and it made it. NVIDIA only disparaged it as an effort, saying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVIDIA
We donít know much about Mantle, we are not part of Mantle. And clearly if they see value there they should go for it. And if they can convince game developers to go for it, go for it. Itís not an Nvidia thing. The key thing is to develop great technologies that deliver benefits to gamers. Now in the case of Mantle itís not so clear to me that there is a lot of obvious benefits there.
They stated that they won't be part of any effort with low level APIs, and that they don't see the benefit or value to it, which is as PR as it gets.

After Mantle made its point, it was open sourced and donated to the Khronos Group. It doesn't get any more open than actually offering it in to your competitor who says it sees no value, and then opensourcing it for everyone (you'll have Vulkan in all of your newer Android phones, for example).

Quote:
Honestly I never expected Nvida to utilize Mantle anyways as it was designed from the ground up to leverage GCN Like Gameworks add-ons favor Nvida with tessellation. TressFX eventually was no a mess on Nvidia but it was never going to be optimal on Nvidia as it leveraged GCN strengths.
Seeing how Vulkan was almost immediately demoed using multiple types of hardware, just after AMD donated the code, I can't see how NVIDIA would have been in a disadvantage if they really wanted in. It has nothing to do with how Gameworks works, you confuse a graphics API, with closed source effects libraries that have to stand on an API. TressFX is open and NVIDIA runs it just fine, it's just that their cards have a compute deficiency compared to AMDs.

As a philosophical conversation, I would argue that compute is a much more future-looking approach to gaming than pure triangle throughput. The first GPU that actually seems balanced in both fronts seems to be Vega, but I'll be holding on for actual tests with that one.

Old
  (#1414)
Skinner
Master Guru

Videocard: 2xTitanX Pascal Sli
Processor: Intel 6850K@4,3 gHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Designare X99 Ex
Memory: Corsair 32GBDDR4-3000 C15
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium
PSU: Enermax 1500
Default 06-12-2017, 16:40 | posts: 337 | Location: Netherlands

Wow, Metro Exodus looks great, truly 3d
Anthem and SWBF2 also.

Old
  (#1415)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Default 06-12-2017, 16:48 | posts: 8,427 | Location: FLA,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrMinisterGR View Post
Mantle was made to make a point, and it made it. NVIDIA only disparaged it as an effort, saying:

They stated that they won't be part of any effort with low level APIs, and that they don't see the benefit or value to it, which is as PR as it gets.

After Mantle made its point, it was open sourced and donated to the Khronos Group. It doesn't get any more open than actually offering it in to your competitor who says it sees no value, and then opensourcing it for everyone (you'll have Vulkan in all of your newer Android phones, for example).

Seeing how Vulkan was almost immediately demoed using multiple types of hardware, just after AMD donated the code, I can't see how NVIDIA would have been in a disadvantage if they really wanted in. It has nothing to do with how Gameworks works, you confuse a graphics API, with closed source effects libraries that have to stand on an API. TressFX is open and NVIDIA runs it just fine, it's just that their cards have a compute deficiency compared to AMDs.

As a philosophical conversation, I would argue that compute is a much more future-looking approach to gaming than pure triangle throughput. The first GPU that actually seems balanced in both fronts seems to be Vega, but I'll be holding on for actual tests with that one.
But why would Nvidia use Mantle when it was developed as low level API for GCN? That's like Nvidia making a low level API based on CUDA then saying AMD can use it if they want. AMD would politely decline as well.

Vulcan is a mismatch/melting pot of open GL and Mantle and tends to work better on AMD's GCN based architecture. But with gaming API's moving towards compute they (Nvidia) need to stop being stubborn and adapt. We shall see though. Vega and Volta will be interesting.

Old
  (#1416)
Romulus_ut3
Master Guru

Default 06-12-2017, 17:00 | posts: 523 | Location: Bangladesh

LMFAO for that Vulkan description.

Old
  (#1417)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Default 06-12-2017, 17:19 | posts: 8,427 | Location: FLA,USA

Quote:
LMFAO for that Vulkan description.
Key word is derived

Quote:
ďThe release of the Vulkanô 1.0 specification is a huge step forward for developers. The Vulkan API, which was derived from Mantle, will bring the benefits of low-overhead high-performance Graphics API to the benefit of cross-platform and cross-vendor targeted applications,Ē said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group, AMD
If you read even further into this statement it tips the hat to Mantle never being cross-platform.

Old
  (#1418)
Maddness
Master Guru

Videocard: Asus RX480 Strix
Processor: 6900k
Mainboard: Rampage V Edition 10
Memory: 16Gb Dominator DDR4 3400
Soundcard: Asus Xonar STX
PSU: Corsair 1200
Default 06-12-2017, 20:05 | posts: 420 | Location: Auckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
Wow, Metro Exodus looks great, truly 3d
Anthem and SWBF2 also.
It certainly does. Here's hoping the game play world actually looks like this. Will take some pretty serious hardware to run it, by the looks.

Old
  (#1419)
PrMinisterGR
Ancient Guru

Default 06-13-2017, 00:00 | posts: 6,846

Quote:
But why would Nvidia use Mantle when it was developed as low level API for GCN? That's like Nvidia making a low level API based on CUDA then saying AMD can use it if they want. AMD would politely decline as well.

Vulcan is a mismatch/melting pot of open GL and Mantle and tends to work better on AMD's GCN based architecture. But with gaming API's moving towards compute they (Nvidia) need to stop being stubborn and adapt. We shall see though. Vega and Volta will be interesting.
Mantle was an API. It wasn't specifically written for GCN, but GCN drivers were written first for it. Vulkan is no mismatch at all. Hell, the president of Khronos Group is an NVIDIA employee, I don't even know how you can say that.

It doesn't work better with GCN, it's just that with it you don't need Hudini drivers to feed a GPU.

Old
  (#1420)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Default 06-13-2017, 00:11 | posts: 8,427 | Location: FLA,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrMinisterGR View Post
Mantle was an API. It wasn't specifically written for GCN, but GCN drivers were written first for it. Vulkan is no mismatch at all. Hell, the president of Khronos Group is an NVIDIA employee, I don't even know how you can say that.

It doesn't work better with GCN, it's just that with it you don't need Hudini drivers to feed a GPU.
*snip edit* meh it's not even worth it anymore.
And mismatch was prolly not the best description. More like the greatest hits.

Last edited by Loophole35; 06-13-2017 at 00:42.

Old
  (#1421)
PrMinisterGR
Ancient Guru

Default 06-13-2017, 11:42 | posts: 6,846

Hahaha

Old
  (#1422)
OnnA
Ancient Guru

Lightbulb 06-13-2017, 12:02 | posts: 3,121 | Location: HolyWater Village

P. Spencer: Xbox One X Most Powerful Console By Wide Margin; We Donít Hold Back Content from Other Platforms

Head of Xbox division Phil Spencer was just featured in a big interview with Eurogamer from E3 2017. Among various topics, he took a pretty clear stab at Sonyís marketing deals that purposely hold back content from other platforms, such as Destiny and its sequel for instance.

He also said that clearly, the Xbox One X is the most powerful console by quite a wide margin (making a direct comparison to PlayStation 4 Pro, obviously).

I will give you an honest answer. Xbox One X is the most powerful console ever built, and this fall it will be the most powerful console in the market. Thereís nothing technically that would keep any game a console game maker is building who wants to take advantage of the capability here from making Xbox One X the very best version of every one of those games.

I donít know what deals get written. Iíve been pretty open about, Iím not a fan of doing deals that hold back specific pieces of content from other platforms. You donít see that in the deals weíve done with Assassinís and Shadow. Weíll have a marketing deal on those, but I donít say, hey, I need some kind of Strike or skin somebody else canít play.

I donít think itís good for our industry if we got into a point where people are holding back the technical innovation of game developers based on a marketing deal.
I donít know anything about whatís in other peopleís deals. But this, clearly, from a technical perspective, is the most powerful console by quite a wide margin. So, when I stood on-stage and I said this will be the best place to play all those games, thereís nothing technically that would keep any developer from not making that true.

Admittedly, that practice of holding back content such as Strikes in Destiny 2 is quite dreadful. Incidentally, last night Activision revealed the one-year timed Destiny 2 exclusive content for PlayStation 4: a competitive multiplayer map, a three-player cooperative Strike, a blue and white colored ship, legendary armor sets, and an exotic sniper rifle.

Old
  (#1423)
Tuga
Member Guru

Videocard: nvidia 670 gtx
Processor: i7 5820k
Mainboard:
Memory: 32gb ddr4
Soundcard: SaffPro24,Gene M040,HD800
PSU: really have no idea
Default 06-13-2017, 14:14 | posts: 50

I still remember how they made pc halo 2 vista only ..

Last edited by Tuga; 06-13-2017 at 14:33.

Old
  (#1424)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Default 06-13-2017, 14:26 | posts: 8,427 | Location: FLA,USA

Quote:
P. Spencer: Xbox One X Most Powerful Console By Wide Margin; We Donít Hold Back Content from Other Platforms

Head of Xbox division Phil Spencer was just featured in a big interview with Eurogamer from E3 2017. Among various topics, he took a pretty clear stab at Sonyís marketing deals that purposely hold back content from other platforms, such as Destiny and its sequel for instance.

He also said that clearly, the Xbox One X is the most powerful console by quite a wide margin (making a direct comparison to PlayStation 4 Pro, obviously).

I will give you an honest answer. Xbox One X is the most powerful console ever built, and this fall it will be the most powerful console in the market. Thereís nothing technically that would keep any game a console game maker is building who wants to take advantage of the capability here from making Xbox One X the very best version of every one of those games.

I donít know what deals get written. Iíve been pretty open about, Iím not a fan of doing deals that hold back specific pieces of content from other platforms. You donít see that in the deals weíve done with Assassinís and Shadow. Weíll have a marketing deal on those, but I donít say, hey, I need some kind of Strike or skin somebody else canít play.

I donít think itís good for our industry if we got into a point where people are holding back the technical innovation of game developers based on a marketing deal.
I donít know anything about whatís in other peopleís deals. But this, clearly, from a technical perspective, is the most powerful console by quite a wide margin. So, when I stood on-stage and I said this will be the best place to play all those games, thereís nothing technically that would keep any developer from not making that true.

Admittedly, that practice of holding back content such as Strikes in Destiny 2 is quite dreadful. Incidentally, last night Activision revealed the one-year timed Destiny 2 exclusive content for PlayStation 4: a competitive multiplayer map, a three-player cooperative Strike, a blue and white colored ship, legendary armor sets, and an exotic sniper rifle.
It was fine when they had timed exclusives though right? RotTR, map packs for COD and many more. Sounds like he wants to take his ball and go home.

Remember this was the company that was going to lock disks to your account, require your console to connect to the internet just to play a single player game and require you to buy the Kenect even though you didn't want it. Yeah you guys are for the gamers. GTFOH

Last edited by Loophole35; 06-13-2017 at 14:30.

Old
  (#1425)
Redemption80
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
Processor: i7-2600K @ 4.7ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67
Memory: G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB
Soundcard: Nvidia - HDMI
PSU: Corsair GS800
Default 06-13-2017, 14:47 | posts: 17,788 | Location: Glasgow

It's different leadership so maybe turning over a new leaf.

Hopefully that is the case, but he will be the person that gets the abuse if something in the future gets exclusive content.
Paying for exclusive content is likely expensive as well, so there is a financial incentive for them.

Just noticed what thread this is, assuming that was posted here because it's an AMD GPU?? Not sure if it quite fits though.

Last edited by Redemption80; 06-13-2017 at 14:49.