Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Game Tweaks and Modifications
Game Tweaks and Modifications This forum is dedicated to game modifications and tweaks. Here you can discuss performance and image quality modifications.

Old
  (#51)
Danvsw
Member Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 970
Processor: i5 4690k
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Seasonic 650W
Default 05-08-2016, 12:44 | posts: 94 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroTenshi View Post
Nice ! I think you still can dig in the "Mod Options" folder to polish your work. And, which is most important, you can merge your work using the installer with current vanilla "patch.dat" (1.05 is not the latest, that may cause issues for multiplayer)
Do you have a clean current vanilla patch?

Old
  (#52)
KuroTenshi
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 4100mhz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory: G-Skill F3-2400C10 16gb
Soundcard: Onkyo TX-SR508 (HDMI 1.4)
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 05-08-2016, 15:35 | posts: 488 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvsw View Post
Do you have a clean current vanilla patch?
Yes I have. You can get it easily. Just move your patch.dat and patch.fat files out of "data_win64" and perform a file check by Uplay or Steam.

EDIT : I uploaded it : https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vz2fksabz...0patch.7z?dl=0

Last edited by KuroTenshi; 05-08-2016 at 16:25.

Old
  (#53)
txgt
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME
Memory: Team Xtreem 2600MHz 16GB
Soundcard: GTX 770 HDMI
PSU: Cooler Master SPG 1200W
Default 05-08-2016, 18:19 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Alright I gave it a try, I took cmh175's "mods" folder and just threw all my patch files in it and overwritten everything. Seems to be working. I'll upload it now.
You can't just throw all your files into someone else's patch and expect it to work as it should. The lighting for Bad blood Campaign missions will be broken, because you need to manually add DLC env containers to your windycity.xml. It's located in "dlc_solo.dat" file. If you don't have it just ask and me or someone else will upload it here.
Also there could be other files that contain the info for DLC. Compare your lib files in generated folder with the ones in official patch just in case (you need to extract them).
Also you need to replace your "trackingconfig.json" file with the one from the latest patch.

Last edited by txgt; 05-08-2016 at 18:26.

Old
  (#54)
KuroTenshi
Master Guru

Default 05-08-2016, 20:00 | posts: 488 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgt View Post
You can't just throw all your files into someone else's patch and expect it to work as it should. The lighting for Bad blood Campaign missions will be broken, because you need to manually add DLC env containers to your windycity.xml. It's located in "dlc_solo.dat" file. If you don't have it just ask and me or someone else will upload it here.
Also there could be other files that contain the info for DLC. Compare your lib files in generated folder with the ones in official patch just in case (you need to extract them).
Also you need to replace your "trackingconfig.json" file with the one from the latest patch.
In short...Still need some work ^^

But, in my opinion, cmh175's "fixes" are needed for newer updates. So it remains a better base.

As you said, DLC content has to be added. But, a simple merge with official patch can make people able to continue to use Multiplayer, despite Bad Blood being broken in some ways (Eugene's cam)

Old
  (#55)
Danvsw
Member Guru

Default 05-09-2016, 04:59 | posts: 94 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Yes I have. You can get it easily. Just move your patch.dat and patch.fat files out of "data_win64" and perform a file check by Uplay or Steam.

EDIT : I uploaded it : https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vz2fksabz...0patch.7z?dl=0
Got it, thanks mate

Quote:
Ok, yeah I got dlc_solo.dat and I copy pasted the DLC envs from it + replaced the json file, but I'm not sure what to do exactly with the lib files, could you elaborate? Anyway I uploaded the updated version and linked it in the OP, I ended up using only clean official patch files and it's working so far. Let me know if you can test it. Thanks for your help.

Old
  (#56)
txgt
Master Guru

Default 05-09-2016, 08:38 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Ok, yeah I got dlc_solo.dat and I copy pasted the DLC envs from it + replaced the json file, but I'm not sure what to do exactly with the lib files, could you elaborate? Anyway I uploaded the updated version and linked it in the OP, I ended up using only clean official patch files and it's working so far. Let me know if you can test it. Thanks for your help.
I'm saying you need to drag & drop the libs to "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe" and compare the count of extracted xmls inside the "_converted" folders. If you find that your libs is missing "DLC" xmls then you have to copy them to your "_converted" folders. And most importantly, BEFORE you convert them back you need replace corresponding "_converted.xml" files with the ones that came with vanilla extracted (converted) libs because they contain the list of all the files inside "_converted" folder. So if you don't do that the new DLC files will not be converted back.
After you done updating xmls drag & drop "_converted.xml" files to "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe". You'll see that new files has been created with "_converted_converted.fcb" at the end of their names. You just need to rename them to their original name, e.g. "environmentlighting.lib".

Old
  (#57)
txgt
Master Guru

Default 05-09-2016, 13:33 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

What version of my Vehicle Lighting did you used? I noticed taillights reflection draw distance is too short.
You should add "dynamiclightprefab.lib" from this version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wl..._Dogs_v2.1.zip
Or if you don't want them at all (except Bikes) use this ver: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7j..._v2_part_1.zip

Last edited by txgt; 05-09-2016 at 13:36.

Old
  (#58)
KuroTenshi
Master Guru

Default 05-09-2016, 18:15 | posts: 488 | Location: France

Very nice work !

But as I suspected, "Eugene" the mini-car of T-Bone is buggy. The camera is glitchy, and so you are stucked in the game.

So you have to include DLC entries in your files to make your mod really "Bad Blood" compatible (you are stuck from the 2nd or 3rd mission).

But multiplayer is working. 2 persons tried to hack me (just tried ^^).

Old
  (#59)
Danvsw
Member Guru

Default 05-09-2016, 23:41 | posts: 94 | Location: Israel

Quote:
I'm saying you need to drag & drop the libs to "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe" and compare the count of extracted xmls inside the "_converted" folders. If you find that your libs is missing "DLC" xmls then you have to copy them to your "_converted" folders. And most importantly, BEFORE you convert them back you need replace corresponding "_converted.xml" files with the ones that came with vanilla extracted (converted) libs because they contain the list of all the files inside "_converted" folder. So if you don't do that the new DLC files will not be converted back.
After you done updating xmls drag & drop "_converted.xml" files to "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe". You'll see that new files has been created with "_converted_converted.fcb" at the end of their names. You just need to rename them to their original name, e.g. "environmentlighting.lib".
Alright, thank you for the explanation. I narrowed it down to 3 libs that had tweaks and didn't include DLC xmls (and added them in). Libs that weren't tweaked I just replaced entirely with latest vanilla ones. Here's the revised generated folder [link].

Quote:
What version of my Vehicle Lighting did you used? I noticed taillights reflection draw distance is too short.
You should add "dynamiclightprefab.lib" from this version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wl..._Dogs_v2.1.zip
Or if you don't want them at all (except Bikes) use this ver: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7j..._v2_part_1.zip
Yeah I was using one of your old versions because newer ones didn't have taillights. I must've missed the newer taillights one, added it now, thanks.

Quote:
Very nice work !

But as I suspected, "Eugene" the mini-car of T-Bone is buggy. The camera is glitchy, and so you are stucked in the game.

So you have to include DLC entries in your files to make your mod really "Bad Blood" compatible (you are stuck from the 2nd or 3rd mission).

But multiplayer is working. 2 persons tried to hack me (just tried ^^).
Check the revised libs folder in the link above, I think it was cameracontext.lib that was missing DLC xmls with "ToyCar" in the filenames.

Last edited by Danvsw; 05-09-2016 at 23:46.

Old
  (#60)
KuroTenshi
Master Guru

Default 05-10-2016, 01:41 | posts: 488 | Location: France

With your revised libs, it works !!!

Good job !

Old
  (#61)
Danvsw
Member Guru

Default 05-10-2016, 01:56 | posts: 94 | Location: Israel

Quote:
With your revised libs, it works !!!

Good job !
Nice. Thanks for the confirmation.
Added it to the full version in the OP and I'll update the other versions too.

Old
  (#62)
mlleemiles
Master Guru

Videocard: Intel HD Graphics 4400
Processor: Intel Core i5-4300U
Mainboard: Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Memory: LPDDR3 4G
PSU: Onboard
Default 05-10-2016, 02:02 | posts: 264

Quote:
- Clear sky during Clear weather
Do you happen to just know about cloud.lib editing? Might wanna share with us?

Old
  (#63)
Danvsw
Member Guru

Default 05-10-2016, 02:13 | posts: 94 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlleemiles View Post
Do you happen to just know about cloud.lib editing? Might wanna share with us?
Nah it's not a cloud.lib edit, I did it by replacing the cloud textures in graphics\_textures\sky folders with blank textures.

Old
  (#64)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX970 Gaming 4g SLI
Processor: i7 4790k
Mainboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Memory: HyperX Fury 1600MHz 32GB
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
Default 05-12-2016, 23:10 | posts: 447 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

Duuuuuuuude! This looks sweet great job man!

Old
  (#65)
genstar
Member Guru

Videocard: gt540
Processor: i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 220w
Default 05-13-2016, 14:04 | posts: 111

Danvsw great job. Can you please share the vegetation mod (stand alone)?

Old
  (#66)
Danvsw
Member Guru

Default 05-13-2016, 23:58 | posts: 94 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrasher View Post
Duuuuuuuude! This looks sweet great job man!
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by genstar View Post
Danvsw great job. Can you please share the vegetation mod (stand alone)?
Thanks and sure, here you go [link]

Old
  (#67)
ital92

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: KCAS 700W
Default 05-14-2016, 02:54 | posts: 40

Quote:
Thanks mate!

Danvsw, what exactly did you change of vegetation? Can you please upload comparison pics?

Old
  (#68)
puredorian
Master Guru

Videocard: Nvidia GTX 1070
Processor: Ryzen 5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus
Memory: DDR4 Kingston 8x2 2666Mhz
Soundcard:
PSU: Thermaltake 650W
Default 05-14-2016, 10:30 | posts: 179 | Location: Russia

Thanks for standalone, vegetation looks awesome, huge improvement over vanilla, it's more clear, like HD, sharp(no blurry) and has more color in it.

Really nice work

Last edited by puredorian; 05-14-2016 at 12:09.

Old
  (#69)
genstar
Member Guru

Videocard: gt540
Processor: i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 220w
Default 05-14-2016, 11:51 | posts: 111

Quote:
Thanks mate!

thanks for your job, but above all for your selflessness.

Old
  (#70)
Danvsw
Member Guru

Default 05-15-2016, 01:17 | posts: 94 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by puredorian View Post
Thanks for standalone, vegetation looks awesome, huge improvement over vanilla, it's more clear, like HD, sharp(no blurry) and has more color in it.

Really nice work
Thanks mate glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genstar View Post
thanks for your job, but above all for your selflessness.
No problem mate, I try.

By the way, I noticed I've made a small mistake and mixed up a couple of files in the original standalone, I've corrected this and uploaded it again here:

Modified Vegetation Standalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ital92 View Post
Danvsw, what exactly did you change of vegetation? Can you please upload comparison pics?
Alright, I've been meaning to do this so here it is;
Basically most of the vegetation was too bright for my liking, sticking out everywhere like a sore thumb, so I made the textures darker.
In the case of the grass, I replaced it with another grass texture that had a better color as well as sharpening and made it darker.
Admittedly, the grass became too dark in certain areas and times of day, but I felt it was worth it overall.

Here's a comparison:

And another one, a bit more subtle (bottom is original):

With the case of trees, it was a bit more complicated as their colors are controlled by materials. Trying to make their textures darker wasn't working well.
So with the help of infiniium's posts, I used hex editing to change the color values of the trees that stuck out (red, yellow, bright green) to the color values of the deep green colored trees, which blended best with the environment and the lighting, and did not stick out as much.
Some trees were alright so I didn't touch them, but basically I made most of the trees green.

Comparison (left is original):

Also, I replaced the maple leaf texture (mipster-maple_a_hd_d.xbt) with a regular leaf texture because I didn't like how the maple leaves looked like from a distance, graphically.
This of course is just my personal preference, if you prefer the trees the way they were, here's my modified vegetation with vanilla trees version:
Modified Vegetation Standalone with Vanilla Trees

Last edited by Danvsw; 05-16-2016 at 17:11.

Old
  (#71)
ital92

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: KCAS 700W
Default 05-15-2016, 03:09 | posts: 40

Awesome, thank you for the screenshots! They're just what I was asking.

I'm really loving the new color for grass (vanilla's looks indeed very cartoonish), but I beg to differ about the beauty of trees. I really like how they look in vanilla (maple leafs and colors look astonishing to my eyes), so I won't use your mod unless you make a version with vanilla's trees + modified grass.

Last edited by ital92; 05-15-2016 at 03:16.

Old
  (#72)
txgt
Master Guru

Default 05-15-2016, 07:40 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

I like Vanilla trees too, so it would be great to have grass & bushes only mod.

Old
  (#73)
Danvsw
Member Guru

Default 05-15-2016, 11:05 | posts: 94 | Location: Israel

Not a problem, like I said, the materials are the tree files and the changed maple texture is "mipster-maple_a_hd_d.xbt".
Here's a standalone that contains the vanilla versions of those tree files [link].

Last edited by Danvsw; 05-15-2016 at 13:08.

Old
  (#74)
nz3777
Maha Guru

Videocard: Gtx 980 Strix @ 1500Mhz
Processor: Fx 8320 E @ 4.2 Ghz
Mainboard: Asus M5A78L-M
Memory: 8gb 1600mhz/Ballistic
Soundcard: SoundBlaster Recon 3d
PSU: Corsair Hx 850
Default 05-15-2016, 16:11 | posts: 1,668 | Location: Willowbrook ill.

I played the 1st 10 minutes of this game before I got sick to my stomach, same ol crap all over again! Nothing about this game stands-out to me or is original in a sence to bring something new to the gamer ( us ) . Lots of games look good as does this one but I just cannot stay interested ( story wise) going around hacking into peoples phones-What is so fun about that???

Old
  (#75)
The Silver
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 05-15-2016, 16:58 | posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by nz3777 View Post
I played the 1st 10 minutes of this game before I got sick to my stomach, same ol crap all over again! Nothing about this game stands-out to me or is original in a sence to bring something new to the gamer ( us ) . Lots of games look good as does this one but I just cannot stay interested ( story wise) going around hacking into peoples phones-What is so fun about that???
It's fine, everyone have its own taste, move on and continue searching for a game that you like, the are plenty these days, this one simply isn't for you.