Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Game Tweaks and Modifications
Game Tweaks and Modifications This forum is dedicated to game modifications and tweaks. Here you can discuss performance and image quality modifications.

Old
  (#101)
ZModeler

Videocard: HD7870
Processor: E8400
Mainboard: p5k-c
Memory: 8Gb
Soundcard: Xonar DX
PSU: O.C.Z. Fatality
Default 01-11-2015, 01:21 | posts: 16 | Location: Russia

Hello, everybody!

Let me bring new blood into your discussion on a subject...
As this is my first post here, no link. just the youtube video code: YouTube/watch?v=tPVnPRxwf4U

Old
  (#102)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 980Ti 6GB
Processor: i7 3820 @3.6ghz
Mainboard: ASROCK x79 EXTREME 4
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Soundcard: M-Audio Pro fire 610
PSU: Thermaltech 730w B
Default 01-11-2015, 07:43 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZModeler View Post
Hello, everybody!

Let me bring new blood into your discussion on a subject...
As this is my first post here, no link. just the youtube video code: YouTube/watch?v=tPVnPRxwf4U
yo damn, this is amazing ! so you managed to inject moded models to the game ! is it possible to do it for Aiden model after modifying it ?

ps: how can i import xbg models in ZM3 ?

Last edited by Essenthy; 01-11-2015 at 07:47.

Old
  (#103)
ThatGuyOverTher
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX980
Processor: I7 6700k @ 4.5 GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Viii
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Soundcard: Onboard and Sony MDRV6
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300G2
Default 01-11-2015, 10:02 | posts: 569 | Location: Miami, Florida, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgt View Post
I was talking about glitching/flickering not explosions, read again.
About explosions: the explosions disappeared for me after I disabled Cloud Saving in Uplay. I enabled it recently, the effect came back, but it still comes and goes after some online play.
you don't get glitching in the game? hmm, that is very weird, my blackouts work just fine. How about you increase the glitch frequency and intensity in the windy city xml?

Old
  (#104)
ZModeler

Default 01-11-2015, 10:43 | posts: 16 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenthy View Post
how can i import xbg models in ZM3 ?
Unpack world (windcity) files. File -> Import -> locate the file you want to import, pick "Watch Dogs (*.xbg, *.geom)", press "Browse..." next to "Root folder" and specify the folder with unpacked world files (the folder where "graphics" and other folders are), then press Import.

Old
  (#105)
txgt
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME
Memory: Team Xtreem 2600MHz 16GB
Soundcard: GTX 770 HDMI
PSU: Cooler Master SPG 1200W
Default 01-11-2015, 12:17 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyOverTher View Post
you don't get glitching in the game? hmm, that is very weird, my blackouts work just fine. How about you increase the glitch frequency and intensity in the windy city xml?
I use my E3 Blackout. In E3 demo the glitching was faster than in Vanilla. So I made it faster like it was in E3 demo. I always play using FXAA mode and I was doing Blackout tests on FXAA mode. So a few days ago I switched to Temporal SMAA cause I was testing medium DOF and it looks amazing in this mode.
And I noticed that after blackout the lights didn't glitch anymore, so I switched back to FXAA and the glitching came back. I tested other AA modes too and they didn't affect the glithcing.

In my windy_city.xml I have these settings:
fPowerInGlitchIntensity="0.15" fPowerInGlitchFrequency="15"

in Vanilla it's:
fPowerInGlitchIntensity="0.15" fPowerInGlitchFrequency="5"

in your xml:
fPowerInGlitchIntensity="0.25" fPowerInGlitchFrequency="18"

The "intensity" means how long the lights will be flicker.
The "frequency" means how fast they will flicker.

I was using "frequency"=18 before but I decided to slow it down a bit.
So in Vanilla people don't notice any difference between AA modes, cause the lights flicker slower.
I have faster flickering value and because of that TSMAA is fading this effect.

Old
  (#106)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 12:26 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

Quote:
Unpack world (windcity) files. File -> Import -> locate the file you want to import, pick "Watch Dogs (*.xbg, *.geom)", press "Browse..." next to "Root folder" and specify the folder with unpacked world files (the folder where "graphics" and other folders are), then press Import.
thanks ! will try that

Old
  (#107)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 12:27 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

Added the mod for removing the white highlight from hackable object on the first page

Old
  (#108)
puredorian
Master Guru

Videocard: Nvidia GTX 1070
Processor: Ryzen 5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus
Memory: DDR4 Kingston 8x2 2666Mhz
Soundcard:
PSU: Thermaltake 650W
Default 01-11-2015, 12:39 | posts: 179 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Added the mod for removing the white highlight from hackable object on the first page
*works only on Nvidia GPU's

Old
  (#109)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 12:40 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by puredorian View Post
*works only on Nvidia GPU's
oh didnt know about that ! sad AMD sad !

Old
  (#110)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 12:42 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

Quote:
oh its telling me that i need a license for that

Old
  (#111)
ZModeler

Default 01-11-2015, 13:00 | posts: 16 | Location: Russia

Quote:
oh its telling me that i need a license for that
get a trial by creating an account and submitting your platform ID. account is activated once you submit an e-mail and follow the activation link in e-mail.

Old
  (#112)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 13:07 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

Quote:
get a trial by creating an account and submitting your platform ID. account is activated once you submit an e-mail and follow the activation link in e-mail.
just saw that you cant export xbg model, i was very interested in this :

Quote:
Blend skinning
Softskin or blend skinning technique allows multiple bones to affect vertices with different influence weights, so transformation to bones would spread softly across the mesh volume. This technique allows to bend a shape by transforming a series of bones and simulate bending of joints in a leg or foot, or bending of a coat on a character. As you might guessed, this technique is used for character models.
Soft skinning requires an assembly of bones arranged into a Skeleton. This skeleton is then assigned as "influencing" to some mesh while mesh vertices have a pre-defined bone weights assignment on them. ZModeler support upto 8 affecting bones on each vertex, WatchDogs uses upto 6 affecting bones.
When soft-skin model is loaded into ZModeler, two items are created: the one with suffix .skel and this is a skeleton base with hierarchy of bones, and the one with suffix .mesh - this is the mesh that respective skeleton is affecting. Thus, when loading "char01.xbg" model, you will get a "char01.skel" and "char01.mesh" root nodes.
Availability of these two entries on export will turn on the blend skinning export scenario.
Since blend skinning includes an unknown fragments in a geometry model, creating of blend skinning models is currently impossible.
This means: Exporting character model from ZModeler is currently impossible!
want to make aiden coat have the same movement as in the E3 demos ( from what i observed its a matter of activating/linking some mesh from his upper back to the coat skeletons, the physic is already there ), but since its impossible to export ... i have zero experience with this kind of advanced moding anyways

Old
  (#113)
KuroTenshi
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 4100mhz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory: G-Skill F3-2400C10 16gb
Soundcard: Onkyo TX-SR508 (HDMI 1.4)
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 01-11-2015, 13:12 | posts: 488 | Location: France

On my side, I am optimizing my merge.

As I can't use Levels (Radeon Pro), It would have been nice of ThatGuyOverThere improved his SweetFX preset, where color variations could make use of "High" Textures enough.

Last edited by KuroTenshi; 01-11-2015 at 14:30.

Old
  (#114)
ThatGuyOverTher
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 14:36 | posts: 569 | Location: Miami, Florida, U.S.A.

well. i don't use sweetfx anymore, i rely all on the colorgrading that i have made in the colorgrading.lib. Sorry, but it seems that you are going to have do this yourself
I stopped using sweetfx, cause i got windows 8 and do not wish to use RadeonPRO, i tried using the fix that cmh provided but it did not work sadly...

@ Zmodeler and essenthy, do you guys have plans to work on the Aiden model? If so i would love to see what can be achieved by you guys! Maybe you can separate his coat from his back, i have always loathed how it was attached to his lower back, maybe now we can have that fixed and have the Uber coat fx from the E3 demos!

Old
  (#115)
puredorian
Master Guru

Videocard: Nvidia GTX 1070
Processor: Ryzen 5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus
Memory: DDR4 Kingston 8x2 2666Mhz
Soundcard:
PSU: Thermaltake 650W
Default 01-11-2015, 15:26 | posts: 179 | Location: Russia

While keep looking at Aiden's head and facial_hook on zmod3, here's what Oleg(the creator of zmodeler) said about .xbg export subject
Quote:
.xbg model export supports static models (e.g. weapons) and rigid-skining models (e.g. vehicles). Soft-skinning models (characters) are not yet supported. I'll make some relative tests on this subject, but I see low chance for them to work after export.
So yeah, at least that's something, gotta appreciate the guy work anyway.

Old
  (#116)
Essenthy
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 16:49 | posts: 414 | Location: Outer heaven

Thanks oleg ! i hope he will find how to do that !

now to explain the difference between E3 aiden coat movement ( and not physics because its nearly the same ) and the release her's some screen shot :

E3 :

you can see how the lower part of the coat move more freely because the upper part isnt blocked, and since the upper part move too , it does carry movement to the lower part, both part are linked by mesh/bones and thats why it move so much when Aiden walk even without wind blowing

Release :

the upper part movement blocked/disabled preventing the lower part from moving more freely

and thats why you'll never see Aiden coat move like this :

i dont think i have the knolwedge to restore that, but it shouldnt be complicated for someone with experience, and this is assuming we could re inject a modifed xbg model of Aiden, wich is impossible at the moment

Last edited by Essenthy; 01-11-2015 at 16:51.

Old
  (#117)
Knochy

Videocard: Palit GTX 980 4GB-GDDR5
Processor: Intel Core I5-4670K
Mainboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Memory: Kingston 8GB-DDR 1600MHz
Soundcard:
PSU: Thermaltake 750-Watt
Default 01-11-2015, 17:22 | posts: 41 | Location: Germany

Hello guys. Really nice work. I would speak to 3 things. Sry for my bad english.

1. The Raindrops http://prntscr.com/5r7ulv

In the presentation of 2012 There are more raindrops than in the final game. Is it possible to bring them back in the game?

2. The Anamorphic Lensflares http://prntscr.com/5r7w9w

So far we have only Anamorphic lens flares at the headlights. As you can see in the picture, these are also available on the taillights. It is possible to reconstruct this?

3. The Road Reflection http://prntscr.com/

Essenthy, can you take the reflection from youre walkway of the streets? If this has already happened, then I'm sorry.

Thanks for modding the Game. Good job guys ^^

Old
  (#118)
ThatGuyOverTher
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 18:51 | posts: 569 | Location: Miami, Florida, U.S.A.

yes it is possible to bring back more rain drops! You can add more raindrops per second in the level of detail in the default render config, but, it takes more performance as it is spawning more items at once...

I am not sure about the anamorphic lens for the back lights, i have wanted them but never asked about them, but we might as well see if we can get them now...

The road reflection are in two things, there is the texture map for the reflective-ness of the texture and also in the default render config, these things can be achieved but again it is big on the performance.

Old
  (#119)
Sockenschock
Master Guru

Videocard: Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570k
Mainboard:
Memory: 2x 8 Gb G.Skill
Soundcard:
PSU: Dont know
Default 01-11-2015, 19:23 | posts: 171 | Location: Germany

Oh my God!
So much progress. * Microwaving Popcorn*

Old
  (#120)
Knochy

Soundcard:
Default 01-11-2015, 20:39 | posts: 41 | Location: Germany

Thanks ThatGuyOverThere, but i mean the different raindrops. In the E3 demo you can see a different type of raindrops falling from a object. My english is not so good. http://youtu.be/xU7WGAJPRRw?t=6m5s when he get out of the building you can see it.

Old
  (#121)
ThatGuyOverTher
Master Guru

Default 01-11-2015, 21:16 | posts: 569 | Location: Miami, Florida, U.S.A.

well, the thing it, we already tried to get those. But, we were not able to enable those in the game simply because we were not able to find such things. There are cascades in the game though, as seen here http://i.imgur.com/jqfzVUtl.jpg
otherwise, we are not able to place those cascades on items such as a windows or a rock or whatever. sadly

Old
  (#122)
txgt
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME
Memory: Team Xtreem 2600MHz 16GB
Soundcard: GTX 770 HDMI
PSU: Cooler Master SPG 1200W
Default 01-12-2015, 12:02 | posts: 790 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyOverTher View Post
well, the thing it, we already tried to get those. But, we were not able to enable those in the game simply because we were not able to find such things. There are cascades in the game though, as seen here http://i.imgur.com/jqfzVUtl.jpg
otherwise, we are not able to place those cascades on items such as a windows or a rock or whatever. sadly
I noticed the other day that these cascades are not because of the rain. It flows down all the time, it's like the fountain :/

Here's the location where you can see E3-like drops effect, it's inside that building:

Old
  (#123)
TheKiller14

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
Processor: Intel i5 4690k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 520W
Default 01-12-2015, 14:38 | posts: 8

hi. in any link, just replace x for w.

xxx.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/28mivo/stormy_weather_mod/

the rain in this game is beautiful and i would like it to be enabled always. i read that reddit post, and i am somewhat getting what the instructions that point to this forum are saying, but every time i try and drag the "windy_city.game.xml" over to the "gibbed.disrupt.unpacker.exe", i see the gibbed.unpacker command prompt for like a second, and then it will say "gibbed.disrupt.unpacker.exe has stopped working."

xxx.imgur.com/d3tDtxe

every time it will do this, i've tried running as administator, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and i can't figure it out.

i apologize if this has been answered in an other, i just haven't come across any answer to my problem on here or the internet in general. if someone could help, that would be awesome! you guys seems to know how to fix these problems, i'm counting on you :p

Old
  (#124)
Knochy

Soundcard:
Default 01-12-2015, 14:50 | posts: 41 | Location: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiller14 View Post
hi. in any link, just replace x for w.

xxx.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/28mivo/stormy_weather_mod/

the rain in this game is beautiful and i would like it to be enabled always. i read that reddit post, and i am somewhat getting what the instructions that point to this forum are saying, but every time i try and drag the "windy_city.game.xml" over to the "gibbed.disrupt.unpacker.exe", i see the gibbed.unpacker command prompt for like a second, and then it will say "gibbed.disrupt.unpacker.exe has stopped working."

xxx.imgur.com/d3tDtxe

every time it will do this, i've tried running as administator, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and i can't figure it out.

i apologize if this has been answered in an other, i just haven't come across any answer to my problem on here or the internet in general. if someone could help, that would be awesome! you guys seems to know how to fix these problems, i'm counting on you :p
Hello. I try to explain you, but my english is bad. Sry for mistakes ^^

first you must unpack youre patch.dat than you must go into the folder patch_unpack\worlds\windy_city\generated and put the windy_city.game.xml in the folder where the XML converter located.

Than rename the windy_city.game.xml into windy_city.game.rml

In the next step you must convert the windy_city.game.rml, so you must drag the rml file of the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.exe. Then you get the uncrypted xml file of the windy_city.game.xml.

When you ready with editing the file you must drag the edited xml file of the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.exe. Then you get the crypted windy_city.game.rml.

The windy_city.game.rml must be rename to windy_city.game.xml, Then you can repack youre patch.dat.

I hope you can understand my explanation.

Old
  (#125)
ZModeler

Default 01-12-2015, 15:50 | posts: 16 | Location: Russia

As I've promised earlier, few tests have been run today on character model.

(I'm still not allowed to post links/images, so copy url and paste to browser manually)
sf.uploads.ru/LAdpr.jpg

this is not an exported model of cause, just some observations on original game model. And three notes to explain difference:

1. The sweater collar does not interact with the rest of geometry and stays static
2. Coat pockets are static too, so Aiden does not put hands into pockets. I remember some developer's interview where the developers team efforts on this particular case were mentioned. something of a kind was stated: "you can't imagine how much effort it took to make his hand go into pockets in suitable way".
3. And the coat tail is also like made of stone, no physics or interaction with other body parts. it moves with legs like being a part of pants.

don't pay attention to pants material, i've assigned sweater material onto pants just to be sure I'm observing a modded file in game.

So, here are some background notes:
The character model contains 3 extra blocks in a model file:
Block #1: 3 Kb binary XML file
Block #2: ~36Kb of some hierarchical data laid into upto 3-sublevel branches. meaning, it has branches as parent->child with a depth upto 3 levels. the overal layout is parsed as I've stated earlier but the actual data on each level is completely unknown and varies from branch to branch;
Block #3: ~700 bytes of known layout with very minor data stored.

All or any blocks can be omitted in a file when zero is specified instead each block. This is what I was testing recently. The game does accept player model with all blocks omitted, but the appearance and "feel" of the model changes.

All blocks zero: (as shown on an image)
First block retained, others are zero (as on shown on an image, no other changes)
Adding second and/or third blocks produce app crash unless all three blocks are placed. different combinations like 1+2, 1+3, 2+3 does not work too.

According to my notes in a parsing and layout of block #2 (the biggest one) it has some "bouncy bones", "bouncy faces/triangles" and "bone links". these were just "guess" meaning for the data I observed in this block and it does make sense now. This seems to be related to in-game physics applied to skeleton bones and skeleton bones affecting each other. For example, when Aiden turns head, his scull should affect sweater collar to make it move aside. when this physics is not available or not adjusted properly, the model behaves incorrectly.

So, reverting to the question some of you have asked earlier - the E3 character physics, his coat movement and reaction to the windy weather is not the bones to mesh assignment/influence, it's a part of this 36Kb bones physics configuration stored on a model. I guess the in-game physics still can generate coat movements like on E3, but you cant reach this goal unless all blocks #1, #2 and #3 are known and updated with correct configuration to bouncing bones.

I guess this is a really hard-to-break task. Especially when only one purpose is the goal - to get the model look like you've seen on E3. To be honest, I don't want to put effort on this currently due to the very low "usability" of the outcome. :shame:

On my side I could produce something like an XML file with the data parsed according to my notes, so the exporter can pick up this XML on export and recreate blocks #1,#2 and #3... other talented people might research the XML to make their own observations and conclusions. This is just a guess to the moment, as the "unknown data XML" would be really big to mess with.