Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Consoles & console games
Consoles & console games This section is for all hardcore console gamers out there .. XBOX 360, PlayStation 3, Wii Threads with posts in January 2007 can be found in General Hardware



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#51)
Kezen
Maha Guru
 
Kezen's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Processor: Core I7 4770K @ 3.5ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz
Soundcard: On board
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 06-17-2014, 16:03 | posts: 1,467 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
Does one forum represent the whole user base?

Console gamers can be ignorant, but pc gamers can be arrogant.
I think consoles gamers are much worse from my experience.
Ignorant, and tech illiterate.

Last edited by Kezen; 08-14-2014 at 20:21.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#52)
(.)(.)
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-17-2014, 16:13 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

What are you trying to say by the item youve quoted. Do you agree with it, or disagree with it?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#53)
Kezen
Maha Guru
 
Kezen's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Processor: Core I7 4770K @ 3.5ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz
Soundcard: On board
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 06-17-2014, 16:40 | posts: 1,467 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
What are you trying to say by the item youve quoted. Do you agree with it, or disagree with it?
I was just giving an example of a sad PS4 zealot.
Definitely not what you want to become.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#54)
(.)(.)
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-17-2014, 16:44 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

So to be perfectly clear..

You dont agree with that article.. correct?
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#55)
Kezen
Maha Guru
 
Kezen's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Processor: Core I7 4770K @ 3.5ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz
Soundcard: On board
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 06-17-2014, 17:05 | posts: 1,467 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
So to be perfectly clear..

You dont agree with that article.. correct?
That's not an article it's an incredibly dumb post.
Needless to say I do not share the POV of this person.

The UC4 trailer looks good as do every ND game. I missed the Jak & Daxter days though.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#56)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
Processor: 2600k HT@4 .5 + NZXT X61
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt
Default 06-17-2014, 17:06 | posts: 26,446 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezen View Post
I think consoles gamers are much worse from my experience.
Ignorant, and tech illiterate.
I find this interesting tbh.

example

-game x comes out

-i will get it for pc, because it is the best version, higher resolution , specific pc features , higher framerate. AA. consoles are a waste of money.

-game comes out, tons of bugs, unplayable to some extend. will take many months to fix (if its fixed at all). While console version plays fine.

-conspiracies are then made. AMD payed for this title to make it run bad on Nvidia, or NVIDIA payed developers to make to make it run bad on AMD cards. I will never buy another title from them again, i will pirate it from now on. then the list comes up why amd or nvidia is bad , and their own brand is the bomb and would never do this.

I dont know about you but i have seen this many many times on this forum, and it could also be labeled as Ignorant, and tech illiterate imho.

Fanboyism creates a tunnelvision for people and restricts them to only one choice. Glad im not part of that world

Now its good that not everyone responds like that, but im sure its the same as the ps4 guy you quoted.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#57)
boodikon
Ancient Guru
 
boodikon's Avatar
 
Videocard: Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
Processor: Amd 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.4 Ghz 2mb cache
Mainboard: Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe Nforce4
Memory: 4 x 512mb PC4000 Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard: Audigy 2 ZS
PSU: Tagan 480w silent psu
Default 06-17-2014, 17:09 | posts: 3,696 | Location: England

Anyone for me over the the age of 18 and defends one chosen gaming platform over another and use words like consolites, pc elite are silly child minded adults, who go to the extreams to justify there purchase with idiotic quotes, its easy for people to vent anger behind a vdu.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#58)
(.)(.)
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-17-2014, 17:16 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezen View Post
That's not an article it's an incredibly dumb post.
Needless to say I do not share the POV of this person.

The UC4 trailer looks good as do every ND game. I missed the Jak & Daxter days though.
I dont care if its a direct quote from the Queen, written down by Barack Obama's left foot on piece of toilet paper charlie sheen did lines off.

The point is, that if you disagree with or find it difficult to accept the jist of that article/post, then its not them who has the mental health issue.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#59)
Kezen
Maha Guru
 
Kezen's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Processor: Core I7 4770K @ 3.5ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz
Soundcard: On board
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 06-17-2014, 17:16 | posts: 1,467 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
I find this interesting tbh.

example

-game x comes out

-i will get it for pc, because it is the best version, higher resolution , specific pc features , higher framerate. AA. consoles are a waste of money.

-game comes out, tons of bugs, unplayable to some extend. will take many months to fix (if its fixed at all). While console version plays fine.

-conspiracies are then made. AMD payed for this title to make it run bad on Nvidia, or NVIDIA payed developers to make to make it run bad on AMD cards. I will never buy another title from them again, i will pirate it from now on. then the list comes up why amd or nvidia is bad , and their own brand is the bomb and would never do this.

I dont know about you but i have seen this many many times on this forum, and it could also be labeled as Ignorant, and tech illiterate imho.

Fanboyism creates a tunnelvision for people and restricts them to only one choice. Glad im not part of that world

Now its good that not everyone responds like that, but im sure its the same as the ps4 guy you quoted.
I stand by what I said. I genuinely believe the PC community to be more mature and level headed.
This forum is one proof of that by the way.

Last edited by Kezen; 08-14-2014 at 20:21.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#60)
(.)(.)
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-17-2014, 17:17 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezen View Post
I stand by what I said. I genuinely believe the PC community to be more mature and level headed.
This forum is one proof of that by the way.
But your own comments suggest otherwise.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#61)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
Processor: 2600k HT@4 .5 + NZXT X61
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt
Default 06-17-2014, 17:18 | posts: 26,446 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezen View Post
I stand by what I said. I genuinely believe the PC community to be more mature and level headed.
This forum is one proof of that by the way.
well like i said i gave a example of what i have seen many times before on this very forum. but ok,, lets agree to disagree.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#62)
Kezen
Maha Guru
 
Kezen's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Processor: Core I7 4770K @ 3.5ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz
Soundcard: On board
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 06-17-2014, 17:19 | posts: 1,467 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
But your own comments suggest otherwise.
You are entitled to your opinion after all.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#63)
(.)(.)
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-17-2014, 17:22 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

I see why SLi lost his patience.

Im going to go watch some TinTin.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#64)
Copey
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: 960 2GB
Processor: Intel i5 4670
Mainboard: Asus
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Soundcard: 7.1 HD
PSU: Antec QP 850W
Default 06-17-2014, 19:00 | posts: 10,707 | Location: U.K

I think the trailer looks great, need to see it in proper motion first though as it wouldn't be hard to render a small scene at that quality, I have no doubt that ND will deliver, the last of us was pure genius.

As for PC gamers being level headed, well possibly the stupidest comment I've ever seen, why do you think half of us long term member's don't even bother posting in the PC sections anymore, half the people around when I came here got sick of the crap and left.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#65)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru
 
SerotoNiN's Avatar
 
Videocard: nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel i5 6600k @3.5GHZ
Mainboard: MSI G1 Gaming Board
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill
Soundcard: SB X-FI MB3
PSU: CoolerMaster 700-Watt 52A
Default 06-18-2014, 21:55 | posts: 2,008 | Location: Chicago

I think in this ONE aspect, it's fair to put pc and console gamers in the same basket. Neither are level headed. All form of gamers are overly opinionated, stubborn and bias to whatever they like and own.

Whether that's nvidia or amd, playstation or xbox cough cough nintendo I guess too cough cough.

Then once that great debate is sidelined, the games become the grand argument, what games are better, which are more fun, what engines are better...call of duty vs. battlefield are usually entertaining.

It's a never ending cycle of potential arguments and you can be one or the other to be part of it.

I've been on console only forums, I've been on pc only forums, I've been on forums that have a community for both. They all have people screaming at each other.

Gamers are people, people are idiots, therefore regardless to pc or console, if there is a person behind the machine, drama will ensue shortly after.

That's my uplifting speech for the week lol.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#66)
Ryu5uzaku
Ancient Guru
 
Ryu5uzaku's Avatar
 
Videocard: 980ti gaming 1490/7700
Processor: 1800x 4.05ghz 1.35 volt
Mainboard: Asus CH VI x370
Memory: 16GB 3ghz ddr4
Soundcard: Asus strix pro
PSU: 850W SF platinum
Default 06-19-2014, 10:03 | posts: 6,499 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerotoNiN View Post
I think in this ONE aspect, it's fair to put pc and console gamers in the same basket. Neither are level headed. All form of gamers are overly opinionated, stubborn and bias to whatever they like and own.

Whether that's nvidia or amd, playstation or xbox cough cough nintendo I guess too cough cough.

Then once that great debate is sidelined, the games become the grand argument, what games are better, which are more fun, what engines are better...call of duty vs. battlefield are usually entertaining.

It's a never ending cycle of potential arguments and you can be one or the other to be part of it.

I've been on console only forums, I've been on pc only forums, I've been on forums that have a community for both. They all have people screaming at each other.

Gamers are people, people are idiots, therefore regardless to pc or console, if there is a person behind the machine, drama will ensue shortly after.

That's my uplifting speech for the week lol.
Valid points, I can get stupid with gaming at times too for sure. Even tho I can see how some people like other stuff then I do. Opinions mans they are so varied and likes are so different.

I wish we could all get along bit better but hah.

I know I will be owning all consoles at some point just like I got x360 then ps3 and then wii. Now I started with Wii U. While I game mostly on pc but some exclusives are fun on consoles and I love playing fifa on them among racing games.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#67)
boodikon
Ancient Guru
 
boodikon's Avatar
 
Videocard: Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
Processor: Amd 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.4 Ghz 2mb cache
Mainboard: Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe Nforce4
Memory: 4 x 512mb PC4000 Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard: Audigy 2 ZS
PSU: Tagan 480w silent psu
Default 06-19-2014, 12:51 | posts: 3,696 | Location: England

The worst posts are from people who say a lot of pro's then at the end a massive negative with a smiley face, they know what their doing and think others don't notice.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#68)
Plissken
Master Guru
 
Plissken's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus GTX 980 Strix
Processor: i7-4790 @4.0
Mainboard: Gigabyte H97M
Memory: Kingston 12GB
Soundcard: Pioneer SE-M29
PSU: Xilence 750W
Default 06-22-2014, 20:29 | posts: 184

Trevor Stricker of Disco Pixel gives us an insight as to how Nathan looks so realistic when it's a close-up shot:

“A main character in a cinematic game like Uncharted will also use multiple models per character, each with different levels of detail. So when the character is far from the camera and tiny on the screen it will use something with fewer polys/faster shaders. When he’s right up close to the camera it might use a high res model of only his face.”

I think that's a perfectly senseful explanation and a clever trick that can help the game look good and run good at the same time.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#69)
Kezen
Maha Guru
 
Kezen's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Processor: Core I7 4770K @ 3.5ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz
Soundcard: On board
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 06-23-2014, 10:59 | posts: 1,467 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken View Post
Trevor Stricker of Disco Pixel gives us an insight as to how Nathan looks so realistic when it's a close-up shot:

“A main character in a cinematic game like Uncharted will also use multiple models per character, each with different levels of detail. So when the character is far from the camera and tiny on the screen it will use something with fewer polys/faster shaders. When he’s right up close to the camera it might use a high res model of only his face.”

I think that's a perfectly senseful explanation and a clever trick that can help the game look good and run good at the same time.
LODs aren't exactly new.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#70)
Plissken
Master Guru
 
Plissken's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus GTX 980 Strix
Processor: i7-4790 @4.0
Mainboard: Gigabyte H97M
Memory: Kingston 12GB
Soundcard: Pioneer SE-M29
PSU: Xilence 750W
Default 06-23-2014, 11:13 | posts: 184

Yeah, but the results that they can get when used the LOD tricks masterfully on next-gen systems are unseen. That's probably why some of us thought it couldn't be in-game.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#71)
Ryu5uzaku
Ancient Guru
 
Ryu5uzaku's Avatar
 
Videocard: 980ti gaming 1490/7700
Processor: 1800x 4.05ghz 1.35 volt
Mainboard: Asus CH VI x370
Memory: 16GB 3ghz ddr4
Soundcard: Asus strix pro
PSU: 850W SF platinum
Default 06-23-2014, 12:36 | posts: 6,499 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken View Post
Yeah, but the results that they can get when used the LOD tricks masterfully on next-gen systems are unseen. That's probably why some of us thought it couldn't be in-game.
I kind went with the jungle looking as it did with a poor glimpse at the end. Else we have seen similar if not better faces already :o

But it still seems to be pretty as earlier uncharteds have been.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#72)
(.)(.)
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-23-2014, 13:19 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken View Post
Trevor Stricker of Disco Pixel gives us an insight as to how Nathan looks so realistic when it's a close-up shot:

“A main character in a cinematic game like Uncharted will also use multiple models per character, each with different levels of detail. So when the character is far from the camera and tiny on the screen it will use something with fewer polys/faster shaders. When he’s right up close to the camera it might use a high res model of only his face.”

I think that's a perfectly senseful explanation and a clever trick that can help the game look good and run good at the same time.
Thats cool. LoDs arent new.. sure, but this method seems to be and could be a game changer if other developers take note.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#73)
Ryu5uzaku
Ancient Guru
 
Ryu5uzaku's Avatar
 
Videocard: 980ti gaming 1490/7700
Processor: 1800x 4.05ghz 1.35 volt
Mainboard: Asus CH VI x370
Memory: 16GB 3ghz ddr4
Soundcard: Asus strix pro
PSU: 850W SF platinum
Default 06-23-2014, 13:29 | posts: 6,499 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
Thats cool. LoDs arent new.. sure, but this method seems to be and could be a game changer if other developers take note.
I remember reading about similar things earlier regarding mmo's and characters in mmo's. Ok seems rather normal practice for sometime now.

Last edited by Ryu5uzaku; 06-23-2014 at 13:32.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#74)
(.)(.)
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-23-2014, 13:38 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu5uzaku View Post
I remember reading about similar things earlier regarding mmo's and characters in mmo's. Ok seems rather normal practice for sometime now.
Yeah but characters in MMO arent as detailed as ol Jake.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#75)
Ryu5uzaku
Ancient Guru
 
Ryu5uzaku's Avatar
 
Videocard: 980ti gaming 1490/7700
Processor: 1800x 4.05ghz 1.35 volt
Mainboard: Asus CH VI x370
Memory: 16GB 3ghz ddr4
Soundcard: Asus strix pro
PSU: 850W SF platinum
Default 06-24-2014, 06:19 | posts: 6,499 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
Yeah but characters in MMO arent as detailed as ol Jake.
That is for sure. Just that it is used in similar fashion in games before already. Now to a better extent in uncharted 4 for sure.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.