Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Consoles & console games
Consoles & console games This section is for all hardcore console gamers out there .. XBOX 360, PlayStation 3, Wii Threads with posts in January 2007 can be found in General Hardware

Old
  (#26)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati

Videocard: Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
Processor: 2600k HT@4 .5 + NZXT X61
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt
Default 06-12-2014, 11:24 | posts: 26,451 | Location: Netherlands

lol , so far a lot of people cant tell the difference with CGI and real gameplay (on many games) anymore. which is great

Old
  (#27)
serbicu
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX980M|4GB GDDR5
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ
Mainboard: Intel HM87
Memory: 16GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar U7
PSU: ASUS ROG 230W
Default 06-12-2014, 11:50 | posts: 1,616 | Location: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodikon View Post
Uncharted 4***8242;s Trailer Was A Part of An Actual Level In The Game, Was All In-Engine

Http://gamingbolt.com/uncharted-4s-t...-all-in-engine
This game's going to be a masterpiece for sure

I can't imagine how The Last of Us 2 will be.

Old
  (#28)
boodikon
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
Processor: Amd 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.4 Ghz 2mb cache
Mainboard: Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe Nforce4
Memory: 4 x 512mb PC4000 Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard: Audigy 2 ZS
PSU: Tagan 480w silent psu
Default 06-12-2014, 12:06 | posts: 3,699 | Location: England

I think nd has two teams so im hoping the other team are working on tlou 2 as the first one is a masterpiece.

Old
  (#29)
boodikon
Ancient Guru

Default 06-12-2014, 15:03 | posts: 3,699 | Location: England

http://gearnuke.com/pre-rendered-cut...rted-4-report/

No More Pre-Rendered Cutscenes From Naughty Dog Starting With Uncharted 4 – Report [Update]

maybe seeing is believing. ...

Last edited by boodikon; 06-12-2014 at 15:08.

Old
  (#30)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Videocard: nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel i5 6600k @3.5GHZ
Mainboard: MSI G1 Gaming Board
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill
Soundcard: SB X-FI MB3
PSU: CoolerMaster 700-Watt 52A
Default 06-12-2014, 15:45 | posts: 2,015 | Location: Chicago

This being in-engine and not CGI is very impressive.

http://gearnuke.com/pre-rendered-cut...rted-4-report/

Old
  (#31)
Ryu5uzaku
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 980ti gaming 1490/7700
Processor: 1800x 4.05ghz 1.35 volt
Mainboard: Asus CH VI x370
Memory: 16GB 3ghz ddr4
Soundcard: Asus strix pro
PSU: 850W SF platinum
Default 06-12-2014, 16:01 | posts: 6,504 | Location: Finland

That was pretty clear it ain't cgi when you look at it closer tbh. In-engine I thought tho naughty dog did that with all uncharteds in-engine that is.

I had misconception at first surely.

Old
  (#32)
LuckyNumber8
Master Guru

Videocard: 1070GTX
Processor: i5 3570K @ 4.4 GHz
Mainboard: ASROCK Z77pro4
Soundcard: X-Fi Ti + z906 Logitech
PSU: Corsair 700W
Default 06-12-2014, 17:31 | posts: 669 | Location: Poland

If uncharted 4 was indeed running in real time, I will'be buying both consoles and not decent PC anymore. For games like goat simulator and multiplatform junk I will be buying just old/cheap computer hardware parts, because why to bother ? Honestly, Nv demo "a new dawn" looks like joke compared to uncharted 4 graphics, and it was made for 680GTX SLI!!!

E3 PC exclusives ; nothing
E3 Consoles exclusives : plenty

GTA5 was the biggest announcement out of E3 2014 for PC, and it's not even exclusive. So where's PC exclusives ? I know, there are still PC fans out there, that would act, as if nothing happened, but I'm a PC gamer since quake 1 (I had voodoo 3dfx, voodoo 3, geforce 2 GTS, geforce 3 ti500, geforce 6800 Ultra, 8800 Ultra, and now 680GTX), and current situation is far from good.

The only good thing is, we will play multiplatform games with better quality. But with what costs ? Nv "optimised" games runs with problems even on their titans 1000$ GPU.

In my opinion, we live in a times now, when Nvidia.and AMD should do a lot more, than just making GPU's. They should make great PC exclusives for their cards, because without exclusives PC gamming will end, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

Last edited by LuckyNumber8; 06-12-2014 at 18:13.

Old
  (#33)
serbicu
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX980M|4GB GDDR5
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ
Mainboard: Intel HM87
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar U7
PSU: ASUS ROG 230W
Default 06-12-2014, 18:40 | posts: 1,616 | Location: Germany

^This +1

Old
  (#34)
isidore
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Radeon R9 FuryX 4GB HBM
Processor: Intel i7 2700K@4.4GHZ
Mainboard: Sabertooth Z77
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium Pro
PSU: Corsair HX750 Pro Series
Default 06-12-2014, 20:01 | posts: 6,151 | Location: Tara tuturor posibilitatilor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber8 View Post
In my opinion, we live in a times now, when Nvidia.and AMD should do a lot more, than just making GPU's. They should make great PC exclusives for their cards, because without exclusives PC gamming will end, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.
This will never hapen as long as your hardware is kicked in the nut sack by an API. AMD is trying something, but it's hard to push devs to use Mantle instead of DX. The future for pc is linux (i hope steam can create a trend and force devs to move to opengl which is more in touch with the hardware then that dx crap).

like i said, ND will raise the bar with next gen graphics. To bad only one or two dev teams have this aim when creating games. Reading that was actual in game i'm not sorry i sold my gaming pc..fock it..look what a bunch of talented people can to with this little box..man o man..can't wait for this.

Last edited by isidore; 06-12-2014 at 20:05.

Old
  (#35)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Default 06-12-2014, 21:03 | posts: 2,015 | Location: Chicago

Quote:
If uncharted 4 was indeed running in real time, I will'be buying both consoles and not decent PC anymore. For games like goat simulator and multiplatform junk I will be buying just old/cheap computer hardware parts, because why to bother ? Honestly, Nv demo "a new dawn" looks like joke compared to uncharted 4 graphics, and it was made for 680GTX SLI!!!

GTA5 was the biggest announcement out of E3 2014 for PC, and it's not even exclusive. So where's PC exclusives ? I know, there are still PC fans out there, that would act, as if nothing happened, but I'm a PC gamer since quake 1 (I had voodoo 3dfx, voodoo 3, geforce 2 GTS, geforce 3 ti500, geforce 6800 Ultra, 8800 Ultra, and now 680GTX), and current situation is far from good.

The only good thing is, we will play multiplatform games with better quality. But with what costs ? Nv "optimised" games runs with problems even on their titans 1000$ GPU.

The problem for the last 5+ years is PC gaming has become something for bragging rights via hardware. Yes, a 3-way sli 780 titan system is going to be extremely powerful and owners puff out their chests as if they should be bowed down in front of for owning them. But at the end of the day, those super rigs are simply playing the same games that are on consoles, but with a higher resolution and better AA samples. To me, PC gaming is a HUGE waste of money. There is not enough difference for me, to warrant spending on annual upgrades to simply brag that I play the same game that's on xb1 or ps4 at a higher resolution.

Like you, I was a PC gamer of the early 90's. I remember playing the original doom, quake 1...games that were EXCLUSIVE to pc. Now when you bring that argument up with pc gamers they'll rattle off 50 half-assed indie titles and rts games that don't push the hardware and aren't selling gpu's (nor are they very interesting but that's my personal taste).

I said it 2 years ago, when the new consoles hit, I was done with pc. The day both consoles launched last November, I bought them. I have not bought a game on PC since.

Some say "why be a fanboy, just play everything" I agree, which is why I have a xb1 and a ps4, but pc? That's just a system that gets shoddy ports of 3rd party titles. I see it as a waste of money to keep it going. I'm in my 30's and have other things I'd rather spend the money on, these consoles push the graphical envelope, PC just talks about how it can push the graphical envelope.

PC these days is like a super muscular weight lifter that tells everyone he can bench press 500lbs but just keeps lifting the same amount as everyone else in the gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isidore View Post
This will never hapen as long as your hardware is kicked in the nut sack by an API. AMD is trying something, but it's hard to push devs to use Mantle instead of DX. The future for pc is linux (i hope steam can create a trend and force devs to move to opengl which is more in touch with the hardware then that dx crap).

like i said, ND will raise the bar with next gen graphics. To bad only one or two dev teams have this aim when creating games. Reading that was actual in game i'm not sorry i sold my gaming pc..fock it..look what a bunch of talented people can to with this little box..man o man..can't wait for this.
nVidia and AMD should stop making tech demos and create a studio to make games that specifically take advantage of their cards. They have the resources and honestly, they would lend from each other. If nVidia made a PC exclusive game that looked amazing, people would buy it and others would upgrade their hardware to play it. It would justify nVidia continually making gpu's for more than simply ports. Same goes for AMD.

I can't figure out why neither had done such to ensure their survival in the graphics place. Nvidia, especially.

Last edited by SerotoNiN; 06-12-2014 at 21:06.

Old
  (#36)
Redemption80
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
Processor: i7-2600K @ 4.7ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67
Memory: G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB
Soundcard: Nvidia - HDMI
PSU: Corsair GS800
Default 06-12-2014, 21:27 | posts: 17,651 | Location: Glasgow

They are competing against each other, that is why they would not join forces to create a studio, and they clearly would never agree on who's hardware would be the basis for any game they made.

The api used is not as much an issue as people make out, Mantle has proven that and Linux is a complete non starter due to a lack of support and the fact OpenGL is even less efficient than DX.

I still wouldn't get excited about the game looking like that trailer, a cutscene rendered with the engine and gameplay on that engine is two very different things.

Old
  (#37)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1070 SC
Processor: 2600k@4.8 w/ NH-D15S
Mainboard: P8Z77-V
Memory: G-Skills ddr3 16GB@1866
Soundcard: SoundBlaster Z
PSU: TX850
Default 06-13-2014, 03:00 | posts: 8,159 | Location: FLA,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption80 View Post
They are competing against each other, that is why they would not join forces to create a studio, and they clearly would never agree on who's hardware would be the basis for any game they made.

The api used is not as much an issue as people make out, Mantle has proven that and Linux is a complete non starter due to a lack of support and the fact OpenGL is even less efficient than DX.

I still wouldn't get excited about the game looking like that trailer, a cutscene rendered with the engine and gameplay on that engine is two very different things.
Very true but if they can get close like they did with the first three UC games then I will be happy. These games are a couple of the highlights on the PS3 and one of the reasons that the PS3 became my primary console over the XBox360.

Old
  (#38)
(.)(.)
Banned

Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-13-2014, 03:58 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

^^ After Halo 3 (which i thoroughly enjoyed), xbox 360 had nothing for me.

@ SerotoNiN & LuckNumber8

Couldnt agree more.

If consoles could deliver a minimum of 60fps and 1080p, id drop Highend (whatever that is. Mods?) pc gaming and use my pc for nothing but legacy support like Quakes/Unreals and emulators. Emulators of which are emulating what? thats right.. console games. Wii, GameCube and PS1/2. The ps1/2 is almost redundant as nearly all my fav titles from those gens have received the HD remake and run at 1080p/60fps. 180p+ and 60fps are pretty much the only thing keeping me from going completely console only besides the aforementioned legacy pc games.

The only game on pc to grab me the way Uncharted and such console games have grabbed me is probably... I cant think of one that isnt also on the console.

All and i mean all.. its not up for debate.. all the innovation is happening on console. Sure pc gets to 'finger' Oculus and that other vr project, but Sony's doing that too and to a greater, faster extent it would seem. Yet pc gamers just go on and on about Crysis 3 and all its engine features. Fact! The game looks avg, cartoony and camp. Great that CE3 the engine has all these features, but it doesnt use them very well, and to this day i still maintain and believe that Crysis 1 has far more going for it over the other two, regardless of it not having Tess, fancy soft shadows and resonating arse fart particles with integrated DOF that activates when you zoom in to take screenshots of the ground and tree trunks..

Though, i will be getting No mans Sky for PC, same for GTA5.

Last edited by (.)(.); 06-13-2014 at 04:05.

Old
  (#39)
isidore
Ancient Guru

Default 06-13-2014, 06:49 | posts: 6,151 | Location: Tara tuturor posibilitatilor!

Quote:
The api used is not as much an issue as people make out, Mantle has proven that and Linux is a complete non starter due to a lack of support and the fact OpenGL is even less efficient than DX. .
Opengl is supperior to dx when comes to performance. On my crappy little laptop meto last light on dx runs with everything max in 15fps, on linux it runs in 30fps..and it looks exactly the same (for the naked eye anyways).
And keep in mind the metro on linux is a port from the mac version (not developed for linux kernel) also nvidia's drives ae still buggy.

Quote:
Have a look at the order, the cutscenes are rendered in game and they are the same thing as gameplay. Using api is a deal breaker, that's why consoles shines.

Last edited by isidore; 06-13-2014 at 06:52.

Old
  (#40)
boodikon
Ancient Guru

Default 06-13-2014, 07:40 | posts: 3,699 | Location: England

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-api-can-go...rmance-further

ps4 api can go down to the metal.

Old
  (#41)
isidore
Ancient Guru

Default 06-13-2014, 08:04 | posts: 6,151 | Location: Tara tuturor posibilitatilor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodikon View Post
ps3 api was able to do the same.

Old
  (#42)
Ryu5uzaku
Ancient Guru

Default 06-13-2014, 08:14 | posts: 6,504 | Location: Finland

Quote:

but but but there was one pc exclusive announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teH5Oowj-J8

Old
  (#43)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Default 06-14-2014, 01:45 | posts: 2,015 | Location: Chicago

Quote:

I never suggested in my post that AMD and nVidia should make a studio together. I said they should make a studio. As in, their own studios. Each to cater to the strengths (bullsh*t gimmicks) of their cards.

Mantle is a non-issue. Until developers bother to make high profile exclusives for pc again, what api they use to bring over a port is irrelevant.

Old
  (#44)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Default 06-14-2014, 02:04 | posts: 2,015 | Location: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
^^ After Halo 3 (which i thoroughly enjoyed), xbox 360 had nothing for me.

@ SerotoNiN & LuckNumber8

Couldnt agree more.

If consoles could deliver a minimum of 60fps and 1080p, id drop Highend (whatever that is. Mods?) pc gaming and use my pc for nothing but legacy support like Quakes/Unreals and emulators. Emulators of which are emulating what? thats right.. console games. Wii, GameCube and PS1/2. The ps1/2 is almost redundant as nearly all my fav titles from those gens have received the HD remake and run at 1080p/60fps. 180p+ and 60fps are pretty much the only thing keeping me from going completely console only besides the aforementioned legacy pc games.

The only game on pc to grab me the way Uncharted and such console games have grabbed me is probably... I cant think of one that isnt also on the console.

All and i mean all.. its not up for debate.. all the innovation is happening on console. Sure pc gets to 'finger' Oculus and that other vr project, but Sony's doing that too and to a greater, faster extent it would seem. Yet pc gamers just go on and on about Crysis 3 and all its engine features. Fact! The game looks avg, cartoony and camp. Great that CE3 the engine has all these features, but it doesnt use them very well, and to this day i still maintain and believe that Crysis 1 has far more going for it over the other two, regardless of it not having Tess, fancy soft shadows and resonating arse fart particles with integrated DOF that activates when you zoom in to take screenshots of the ground and tree trunks..

Though, i will be getting No mans Sky for PC, same for GTA5.
My biggest problem with Crysis 3 is like the first two, it's a chore to play. It's an interactive tech demo. Man those games are just terrible imo. That being said, I agree that the original Crysis has more going for it. It was the last true blockbuster PC-Exclusive (with exception to warhead, the expansion).

The original Crysis has some rough textures in spots these days, but overall people tend to forgive the fact that part 2 and 3 were designed for consoles. They're crippled console ports, on pc hardware. Crytek took an engine that had console in mind and simply sprinkled some extra effects on top of it to give pc gamers a few bragging rights (at an extreme performance cost).

The original Crysis was built from the ground up with dx10. It had no limitations of console. Imo, it was the last big pc exclusive. I found it boring after the initial fun of being invisible for 10 seconds in the jungle, but it was and still is a gorgeous game.

I see these B.S groups like "The PC Gaming Alliance" and wonder what the hell do they do for PC gaming? I see all these statistics of how well PC gaming is really selling, especially digitally. I see many gamers prefer PC, even if for a console port to run it at a higher resolution and smoother frames. All these positive things I do not ignore, but developers seem to. Pirating made PC the red headed step child back in 2007 ironically with Crysis and the PC has been dumped since and no longer a machine to do any sort of exclusives that aren't "free-to-play", to avoid the issue of piracy. Even though sales suggest otherwise.

Steam is honestly the only thing keeping PC gaming somewhat leveled. Games like Day Z and Goat simulator are the exclusives, they're fun, little quaint games with a niche market. But they are not Quake, or Doom, or Unreal Tournament, or even leisure suit Larry. It's not enough to justify buying all the hardware and upgrades, but it is enough to justify there is a market still to be had with PC games, yet it goes ignored.

It's not that I want PC gaming to die. I'm more than willing to drain my savings once every year or two for a new gpu/cpu. I like my keyboard and mouse, I've been pc gaming for so long. But at the end of the day, consoles are getting all the attention and innovation and as a gamer, that makes me have to turn my back on PC. The same game in higher resolution and smoother frames isn't enough for me to justify spending my money. I need real exclusives.

Old
  (#45)
LuckyNumber8
Master Guru

Videocard: 1070GTX
Processor: i5 3570K @ 4.4 GHz
Mainboard: ASROCK Z77pro4
Soundcard: X-Fi Ti + z906 Logitech
PSU: Corsair 700W
Default 06-15-2014, 00:27 | posts: 669 | Location: Poland

Quote:
but but but there was one pc exclusive announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teH5Oowj-J8
Finally, one game, it changes everything man

we will get one tasty bone

But here's what I really expected

at least we still have Nvidia Demos, like "a new dawn"

Last edited by LuckyNumber8; 06-15-2014 at 17:49.

Old
  (#46)
Cortana

Videocard: GTX770 4GB
Processor: i7 4770K
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP
Memory: Kingston 2x4GB 1600Mhz
Soundcard: Adam A7X, SVS SB12
PSU: Bequiet 580W
Default 06-16-2014, 20:44 | posts: 41 | Location: Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerotoNiN View Post
This being in-engine and not CGI is very impressive.
Yeah but Naughty Dog cutscenes looked always better than the actual gameplay. I'm sceptical till I see gameplay videos.

Old
  (#47)
DarkSidesHero

Videocard: AMD 7990
Processor: FX-8350 @ 4.6
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V
Memory: 2133/16GB
PSU: Corsair 850w Gold
Default 06-16-2014, 23:59 | posts: 39

I'm actually glad this will be the last one. I'm hoping for some amazing vistas in this. Specifically that jungle chapter. Them God Rays shall be glorious!

Old
  (#48)
Ryu5uzaku
Ancient Guru

Default 06-17-2014, 14:31 | posts: 6,504 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Finally, one game, it changes everything man

we will get one tasty bone

But here's what I really expected

at least we still have Nvidia Demos, like "a new dawn"
hahah

Old
  (#49)
Kezen
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Processor: Core I7 4770K @ 3.5ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz
Soundcard: On board
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 06-17-2014, 15:12 | posts: 1,467 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortana View Post
Yeah but Naughty Dog cutscenes looked always better than the actual gameplay. I'm sceptical till I see gameplay videos.
True.

In-engine =/= in-game.

If they aim for 1080p/60 something will have to give.

The problem is you can't really say that without having sonytards jumping down your throat. PS4 fanboys are by an landslide the worst fanbase of all gaming IMO. If you don't believe me then visit Neogaf once in a while, you will see for yourself.

Old
  (#50)
(.)(.)
Banned

Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: i72600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence 10gb
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 06-17-2014, 15:29 | posts: 9,098 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezen View Post
True.

In-engine =/= in-game.

If they aim for 1080p/60 something will have to give.

The problem is you can't really say that without having sonytards jumping down your throat. PS4 fanboys are by an landslide the worst fanbase of all gaming IMO. If you don't believe me then visit Neogaf once in a while, you will see for yourself.
Does one forum represent the whole user base?

Console gamers can be ignorant, but pc gamers can be arrogant.