Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Computer Monitor Forum
Computer Monitor Forum IPS Panels, Brands, Ultra HD, G-Sync, 144Hz, FreeSync it all is monitor related. This is the place where you can discuss all monitor related matters. Find help and information about high resolutions and refresh rates, VGA ti Display port connectors.

Old
  (#1051)
jolokiahaze

Videocard: Toxic r9 280x
Processor: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Z87-Plus
Memory: 8GB Avexir DDR3-1600
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro-Series 650w
Default 08-26-2015, 13:59 | posts: 2 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post
If you have a Qnix with a new panel, these profiles might not be for you. They were made for the older Qnix panel.

To know which one you have, new panel overclocks to < 100Hz and does not change gamma, old panel overclocks to 110Hz+ and changes gamma (higher - darker), brightness uniformity, and gets image retention.
Thanks mate. I bought it second hand and the original owner had it for about a year apparently. It OC's to 120hz (gf is bringing her DSLR home from work tonight so not sure yet if it does this with frame skipping), so I'm inclined to say it's one from the older set.

I'm pretty happy with the colours at the moment apart from whites having a slight yellow tint which I'd like to correct. I'm AMD so would the best way to do this be to apply your profile and then use CCC to tweak? Or would you recommend trying a different profile altogether? I've settled at 110hz.

Looking forward to having a play around with Color Sustainer, thanks again.

Last edited by jolokiahaze; 08-26-2015 at 14:08.

Old
  (#1052)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 290X CF H2O
Processor: 5820K @ 4.3GHz 1.26V H2O
Mainboard: MSI X99S SLi Plus
Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Soundcard: Audio-GD NFB-11.32 +DT880
PSU: CM Silent Pro Hybrid 1300
Default 08-26-2015, 14:08 | posts: 4,320 | Location: Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolokiahaze View Post
Thanks mate. I bought it second hand and the original owner had it for about a year apparently. It OC's to 120hz (gf is bringing her DSLR home from work tonight so not sure yet if it does this with frame skipping), so I'm inclined to say it's one from the older set.

I'm pretty happy with the colours at the moment apart from whites having a a slight yellow tint which I'd like to correct. Could you recommend any profiles for the newer panel if this is the case? I've settled at 110hz.

Looking forward to having a play around with Color Sustainer, thanks again.
Yep, good chance it's an older panel.

My monitor has a slight yellow tint as well, very slight, at 60Hz. My profiles might then be very suitable for your monitor. At 110Hz, have you noticed the colors get darker and the top right corner dim? If so, you definitely have an older panel.

I have settled at 110Hz as well. My monitor does ~115Hz with the stock cable and 117Hz with a thick, 3-foot cable, although I just run it at 110Hz as the gamma shift and uniformity issues get pretty exaggerated at 117Hz for a negligible 7Hz increase.

If you're interested in trying out a few profiles, go to the OCN Qnix / X-Star club where you'll find ~30 profiles / collections. I'm almost certain most of them were made for the older panel, but you might find some profiles made for the newer panel.

I hope you enjoy using Color Sustainer.

Old
  (#1053)
Denial
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 1080Ti
Processor: i7-7820x
Mainboard: X299 SLI PLUS
Memory: 32GB GSkill 3600
Soundcard: ZxR & HD800 Lyr/KEF LS50
PSU: Seasonic 1000w
Default 08-26-2015, 16:16 | posts: 10,988 | Location: Terra Firma

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post
Yep, good chance it's an older panel.

My monitor has a slight yellow tint as well, very slight, at 60Hz. My profiles might then be very suitable for your monitor. At 110Hz, have you noticed the colors get darker and the top right corner dim? If so, you definitely have an older panel.

I have settled at 110Hz as well. My monitor does ~115Hz with the stock cable and 117Hz with a thick, 3-foot cable, although I just run it at 110Hz as the gamma shift and uniformity issues get pretty exaggerated at 117Hz for a negligible 7Hz increase.

If you're interested in trying out a few profiles, go to the OCN Qnix / X-Star club where you'll find ~30 profiles / collections. I'm almost certain most of them were made for the older panel, but you might find some profiles made for the newer panel.

I hope you enjoy using Color Sustainer.
I know with mine going past 100hz dims the top right, by 110 it starts to flicker with weird lines through it. I keep it at 96 now. If only we could get this panel, at this price point, in a thinner/better looking bezel.

Old
  (#1054)
mitzi76
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI 970 (Gaming)
Processor: CoreI7 920@4ghz(EK Sup)
Mainboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Memory: 6gb Corsair 1600
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1
PSU: 850w Antec
Default 01-20-2016, 19:56 | posts: 8,635 | Location: UK

anyone in the know update this thread with the best Korean to go for atm? Had a quick look myself at some other models and there seem to be new editions....

Old
  (#1055)
alanm
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1070 AMP!
Processor: 7700k / D15s
Mainboard: z270 Taichi
Memory: 16gb Vengeance 3200mhz
Soundcard: SB Zx
PSU: XFX Pro 750w
Default 01-21-2016, 14:30 | posts: 7,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzi76 View Post
anyone in the know update this thread with the best Korean to go for atm? Had a quick look myself at some other models and there seem to be new editions....
Probably the Crossover 2795QHD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CrossOver-27...r/221708397727

Overclockable but mileage may vary. Big thread on it at OCN.

Qnix no longer the same sold 2 years ago. Panel lottery, higher incidence of PWM, poorer build quality.

Tags
overclock, qnix