Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section
Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything AMD Catalyst related. Catalyst drivers are for all AMD based graphics cards and APUs.

Persisting VSR issues w/ Crimson
Old
  (#1)
rhinohorn

Videocard: Powercolor 7950 Boost 3GB
Processor: i7-920
Mainboard: EVGA X58 SLE
Memory: 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: Antec 750W
Default Persisting VSR issues w/ Crimson - 06-09-2017, 20:09 | posts: 8 | Location: TN , USA

I know there's a few other recent threads about VSR not working properly across Crimson drivers after v16 but its been going on 6 months now that we still don't have a proper solution in the AMD drivers.

I recently upgraded my 7950 to a 480 (caught a good sale a month before the 500 series rls) and am very happy with the performance boost but I had to roll drivers all the way back to v16.11.5 to get VSR working in Witcher 3 .. whereas VSR was working in newer driver on my 7950.

Does anyone have any insight into why AMD is having trouble with VSR on the newer 400 and 500 series cards ?