Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

Old
  (#176)
Airwave

Videocard: ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
Processor: Intel core i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Gaming Aura
Memory: 16Gb DDR4 @ 2666 mhz cl13
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair CX750
Default 05-15-2017, 11:38 | posts: 20

With the ecig I've been successful in reducing nicotine ammount per day from a median of 2 tanks at 16 mg/ml, to 2 tanks at 0,8 mg/ml in a matter of less than a year, i was able to do so by making custom liquids and reducing very gradualy the percentage of nicotine, so getting accustomed wasn't as bad. However i was never a smoker of cicagarettes, i started smoking with the ecig in the first place, so i don't know how my experience could relate to someone who is making the jump from traditional cigarettes. The habit forming substances in tobacco leaves are not limited to nicotine, For example they contain Harmala Alkaloids which are Monoamine oxidase inhibitors that contributes to the sense of well being produced by smoking, so the "fight" against addiction may be harder for those that smokes tobacco cigarettes.

Last edited by Airwave; 05-15-2017 at 11:51.

Old
  (#177)
signex
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Asus RX460 4GB Unlocked
Processor: Intel Pentium G4560
Mainboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD
Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR4 2133mhz
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: EVGA 430W
Default 05-25-2017, 21:20 | posts: 8,136 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
Grats on the purchase. If this is your first vape here's a couple of tips I wish I had known.

- The first 2 or 3 days might be weird as your body adapts to the vapour ( or the chemicals in it ) and gets used to not having all the crap from smokes. Your mood along with other bodily functions might go up and down like a rollercoaster but don't let it scare you. My body settled on day 3 but this might vary with each person.

- If it feels like you're not getting enough nicotine its possible your liquid isn't quite strong enough. I smoked about 15-20 rollies and when I made the switch I started with 12mg liquid and a cig-a-like pen but had to order 18mg which was spot on for me but I soon dropped back down to 12mg. For sub ohm though you don't want to go over 6mg and you would ideally vape higher vg liquids.

- Make sure you're stocked up on coils. In the beginning especially it will be easy to ruin the coils simply by vaping a lot as you try to familiarize yourself with the process and you'll be tempted to play with a shiny new toy. Make sure your tank always has enough liquid in it and ALWAYS prime your coils. If your device doesn't come with instruction on how to prime the coil, hit the internet and a quick search should do the trick.

Welcome to the club
I started with 6mg nicotine, my throat was burning like hell but heard it would go away within 2 weeks.
A friend of mine said 6mg is too strong and that i should start with 3mg.

I couldn't find 3mg of the brand i'm using, i might look for different brand so i can try 3mg nicotine.

I still use the coil i got with it, it still has good flavor but i can tell i need to change it soon.
I'm buying Vaporesso cCell Ceramic Coils cause i heard they're extremely good and last longer.

My favorit flavor is pineapple, tastes soooo good! fruity and fresh.

Old
  (#178)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 05-26-2017, 01:10 | posts: 4,686 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by signex View Post
Vaporesso cCell Ceramic Coils cause i heard they're extremely good and last longer.
Thanks for info. I just looked into this here http://www.vaporesso.com/ccell-vape-coils

It looks very interesting and definately offers features I've been looking for. Gonna try it, cheers!

Old
  (#179)
drandiiski
Maha Guru

Videocard: Palit GTX 750Ti StormX 2G
Processor: Intel i5 3470 @ 4.0Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
Memory: 2x4Gb DDR3 @1646Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek ALC898
PSU: CoolerMaster 500W eXtreme
Default 05-26-2017, 06:23 | posts: 1,106 | Location: Bulgaria

So I started getting annoyed with the pre-made coils (from Joyetech at least). Some will work fine for weeks, but some will just be crap from the beginning. They flood, donít wick properly or airflow is kind of weird. I have settled to 1.0ohm SS ones and use them in temp control. That seems to make them last longer and is gentle on the liquid and battery. Vape is enough for my needs too.

Iím gonna give it a try on building, so I ordered the Cthulhu MTL RDA tank, some SS Alien coils and cotton. Should be here in the next couple of weeks and I see how that goes.

As for the liquids Ė I tend to get ďboredĒ with only using one flavor. So at the moment I have three different tanks filled with three different flavors and then some more on the side. My observations is that the PG content has a much bigger throat hit than the nic. Iím fine with 3-6mg or somewhere in the middle. If you canít find say 3mg you can get one 0mg and one 6mg from the same juice and mix it up to your liking. I go for lower no to nic at all and 100% VG juices for daily/casual vape, and up to 6mg and more PG for that night with drinks vape.

Old
  (#180)
Repo Man
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K
Mainboard: Asus Z97-K
Memory: DDR3 8GB Hyper X Fury
Soundcard:
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750
Default 05-26-2017, 20:41 | posts: 1,926 | Location: Oxford UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by drandiiski View Post
So I started getting annoyed with the pre-made coils (from Joyetech at least). Some will work fine for weeks, but some will just be crap from the beginning. They flood, donít wick properly or airflow is kind of weird. I have settled to 1.0ohm SS ones and use them in temp control. That seems to make them last longer and is gentle on the liquid and battery. Vape is enough for my needs too.

Iím gonna give it a try on building, so I ordered the Cthulhu MTL RDA tank, some SS Alien coils and cotton. Should be here in the next couple of weeks and I see how that goes.

As for the liquids Ė I tend to get ďboredĒ with only using one flavor. So at the moment I have three different tanks filled with three different flavors and then some more on the side. My observations is that the PG content has a much bigger throat hit than the nic. Iím fine with 3-6mg or somewhere in the middle. If you canít find say 3mg you can get one 0mg and one 6mg from the same juice and mix it up to your liking. I go for lower no to nic at all and 100% VG juices for daily/casual vape, and up to 6mg and more PG for that night with drinks vape.
Coil flooding can be caused by so many things its crazy... I find with all of my tanks so far to avoid flooding is to make sure you leave a bit of air at the top ie. don't overfill and when you screw in the top or bottom of the tank, do it upside down to make sure you get a vacuum forming in the tank. This has cured about 95% of my tank leaks I've experienced. Another tip is to make sure you bed in the coils starting with taking hits at lower wattage than you usually would and then working your way up slowly untill you reach your normal vaping wattage.

Of course with some coils its just an utter crapshoot and sometimes you get good ones and at times really dodgy ones. Its that very Russian roulette that made me go for the dripper in the end. Kinda fancy a decent RTA now but they're hard to come by with the TPD/TRPR in effect as of last Saturday here in the EU.

On the juice front, I've been experimenting with £1 E-liquids and they have actually been pretty damn nice so far. A lot of the 50/50 liquids are too harsh on a dripper but their Heisenberg is solid as hell even at 50/50. Also tried a company called Rejuiced who sell 10ml bottles for £2.50, currently on something called Big Momma's Milk and this stuff is the mutts nutts! 70vg/30pg, solid clouds and brilliant flavour. Goes to show that even budget E-liquids can be really good.

Old
  (#181)
sdamaged99
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Processor: i7 6700K 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Gene VIII
Memory: 16GB Team Xtreem 3733
Soundcard:
PSU: Super Flower 1000w
Default 05-27-2017, 10:39 | posts: 2,000 | Location: Isle of Man

People don't realise that "some" vapers are actually worse than smoking normal cigarettes

Yes they don't contain tar, and nicotine by itself is fairly harmless, but having a friend who works as a radiographer, he has told me of the internal burning suffered by many vapers, which will never heal, unlike tar damage which can be reversed in time

To ensure that only safe products are being released and used by the public, they should be regulated more strictly

Last edited by sdamaged99; 05-27-2017 at 11:07.

Old
  (#182)
StewieTech
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI gtx 960 Gaming
Processor: i5 4670k [4.4]
Mainboard: AsRock z87 extreme3
Memory: Gskill Ripjaws 8gb [2133]
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DG
PSU: OCZ ZT 550W
Default 05-27-2017, 15:26 | posts: 1,885 | Location: Portugal

I dont understand vaping. Why not just quit smoking? Yes its hard as balls but after some time you just forget you ever did it.

Old
  (#183)
Jawnys

Videocard: zotac amp extreme 1080ti
Processor: i7-7700k@5055mhz
Mainboard: asus hero VIII
Memory: 16g@3733
Soundcard: seinheiser hd598
PSU: evga supernova gold 850w
Default 05-27-2017, 23:38 | posts: 44 | Location: canada

so i want to try those vaporesso coils in my triton atlantis, i just need a place to buy them here in montreal , from what i ve red so far they are a game changer

Old
  (#184)
Zooke
Member Guru

Videocard: Titan X SLI @ 1475
Processor: 4790k @ 5GHz 24/7
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Pro
Memory: G-Skill 2133 32Gb
Soundcard: ATH-700X
PSU: AX1500i
Default 05-27-2017, 23:58 | posts: 110 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdamaged99 View Post
People don't realise that "some" vapers are actually worse than smoking normal cigarettes

Yes they don't contain tar, and nicotine by itself is fairly harmless, but having a friend who works as a radiographer, he has told me of the internal burning suffered by many vapers, which will never heal, unlike tar damage which can be reversed in time

To ensure that only safe products are being released and used by the public, they should be regulated more strictly
Have you not heard of the TPD ?

It's the EU's answer to your concerns, although in practice it is so flawed that all it does is inconvenience the consumer, along with making governments a bit of cash of course.

A useless bit of legislation, poorly thought out with no net effect on the consumer.

EDIT : I have to admit that there was some short term benefit for us vapers, I managed to snag some TFV12's at less than 1/2 their previous price.
So, not all bad.

Last edited by Zooke; 05-28-2017 at 00:04.

Old
  (#185)
Jawnys

Videocard: zotac amp extreme 1080ti
Processor: i7-7700k@5055mhz
Mainboard: asus hero VIII
Memory: 16g@3733
Soundcard: seinheiser hd598
PSU: evga supernova gold 850w
Default 05-28-2017, 23:28 | posts: 44 | Location: canada

i bought the ccell coil today from vaporesso and tried in in my triton v1, i have to say that i really love the taste with these coil, its so soft and amazing !

Old
  (#186)
sdamaged99
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Processor: i7 6700K 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Gene VIII
Memory: 16GB Team Xtreem 3733
Soundcard:
PSU: Super Flower 1000w
Default 05-29-2017, 11:55 | posts: 2,000 | Location: Isle of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooke View Post
Have you not heard of the TPD ?

It's the EU's answer to your concerns, although in practice it is so flawed that all it does is inconvenience the consumer, along with making governments a bit of cash of course.

A useless bit of legislation, poorly thought out with no net effect on the consumer.
Interesting read on TPD, thanks for that

I can't see where it mentions anything relating to the burn damage, but maybe its in there somewhere

I personally don't think vapers should be seen as the latest must have gadget with multiple flavours. I would rather it was a tool designed to get you off smoking, and eventually off the vaper

As it stands, a lot of people seem to think its just a cool new accessory, and want to try out as many flavours as possible

Surely this isn't a good thing?

Old
  (#187)
Zooke
Member Guru

Videocard: Titan X SLI @ 1475
Processor: 4790k @ 5GHz 24/7
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Pro
Memory: G-Skill 2133 32Gb
Soundcard: ATH-700X
PSU: AX1500i
Default 05-29-2017, 15:12 | posts: 110 | Location: UK

Quote:
Interesting read on TPD, thanks for that

I can't see where it mentions anything relating to the burn damage, but maybe its in there somewhere

I personally don't think vapers should be seen as the latest must have gadget with multiple flavours. I would rather it was a tool designed to get you off smoking, and eventually off the vaper

As it stands, a lot of people seem to think its just a cool new accessory, and want to try out as many flavours as possible

Surely this isn't a good thing?
I'm not sure there is anything related to internal burning in there either, however this is no new phenomena to me since I remember getting much hotter hits from the last remnants of a spliff.
This in no way invalidates your point and I would be interested to know if there are differences in the temperatures of the stuff we are inhaling.

Old
  (#188)
Repo Man
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 06-05-2017, 15:08 | posts: 1,926 | Location: Oxford UK

Ordered a Geekvape Griffin 25 Plus and it arrived today, this thing is a cloud chugging beast and the flavour is nice too. I'm sure theres new better RTA's on the market but the Griffin is basically a Tsunami with a tank which is what I wanted and I'm not disapointed. First build is spot on too although it initially leaked a bit but I closed off the juice flow control and then gradually opened it up as I vaped and its now fully open with no leaks so I'm guessing it was a small vacuum issue when I filled up the tank.

Old
  (#189)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Videocard: nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel i5 6600k @3.5GHZ
Mainboard: MSI G1 Gaming Board
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill
Soundcard: SB X-FI MB3
PSU: CoolerMaster 700-Watt 52A
Default 06-05-2017, 18:06 | posts: 2,016 | Location: Chicago

Vaping is proving to pose worse health risks than smoking. I've given up smoking cigarettes, weed and drinking alcohol in the last 15 months, in addition to losing 74 pounds and becoming active with a workout schedule and diet I follow. It's not hard to give those vices up if you REALLY WANT TO. Just saying you want to is a different story. It's all in your head. I never understood substituting vaping for smoking. It's still wasting money and posing health risks.

Old
  (#190)
drandiiski
Maha Guru

Videocard: Palit GTX 750Ti StormX 2G
Processor: Intel i5 3470 @ 4.0Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
Memory: 2x4Gb DDR3 @1646Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek ALC898
PSU: CoolerMaster 500W eXtreme
Default 06-06-2017, 06:10 | posts: 1,106 | Location: Bulgaria

Good of you mate! Keep it up! Like, seriously..

But please, donít be one of those guys that just say this or that is bad, without any evidence to support it. I really donít want to argue, or disrespect anyoneís opinion, but we need some serious data, before jumping to conclusions on what is what. I canít speak for others, or their smoking/vaping habits, but I can tell from personal experience that it doesnít feel like it is worse, quite the opposite. Sure you will be better off without it and it's best to just quit smoking and be done with it (I have done it before), but hey ..

Last edited by drandiiski; 06-06-2017 at 07:54.

Old
  (#191)
Athlonite
Maha Guru

Videocard: Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
Processor: AMD FX8320 / 4200MHz
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: Mushkin DDR3-2400MHz
Soundcard: SB XFi Audio PCIe
PSU: SilverStone ST75F-P 750W
Default 06-06-2017, 06:55 | posts: 1,109 | Location: Hawkes Bay

I used Champix to ease the want for nicotine of a 35yr habit (my doc said I may suffer weird dreams I said what weirder than they are now ) then bought an Endura T18 and some non nicotine based fluid after 8 weeks I find I only use it occasionally when the urge to roll a smoke hits me.... So far so good my lungs are clear I can finally take a deep breath without wanting to coff a lung out and I can smell stuff again

ii

Old
  (#192)
Athlonite
Maha Guru

Videocard: Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
Processor: AMD FX8320 / 4200MHz
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: Mushkin DDR3-2400MHz
Soundcard: SB XFi Audio PCIe
PSU: SilverStone ST75F-P 750W
Default 06-06-2017, 06:59 | posts: 1,109 | Location: Hawkes Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieTech View Post
I dont understand vaping. Why not just quit smoking? Yes its hard as balls but after some time you just forget you ever did it.
For some it isn't the smoking thats the problem it the having something to do with your hands.... muscle memory is a hard thing to unlearn and takes much longer than the nicotine withdrawal symptoms to go away

ii

Old
  (#193)
RandomDriverDev
Banned

Videocard: 1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
Processor: Xeon
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: SeaSonic
Default 06-06-2017, 08:05 | posts: 111

if you're vaping, you haven't given up crap.

Pussies.

Old
  (#194)
Jdaisy

Videocard: Dell Studio/ 8:00 GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 1000w
Default 06-06-2017, 13:58 | posts: 23

I feel like the physical sensation of craving nicotine actually only lasts 3Ė5 minutes, but the mental craving lasts far longer, and itís very common to become fixated on it. I went cold Turkey and hang a picture of horrible looking skin on top of my cealing and it worked. But Good heavens was it hard!

Old
  (#195)
321Boom

Videocard: GTX980 Ti
Processor: i7-4790
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: ...
Default 06-27-2017, 09:45 | posts: 15

I really don't know how some of you managed to quit smoking, maximum I've ever held out without cigs is 3 days, and I was a nervous wreck throughout those 3 days lol!! Whenever I saw someone else smoke I was getting craves like crazy and going next to them to smell the smoke haha!

Good on you for the people that manage to hold out! But I'm not one of them... Guess I'm destined to die with lung cancer haha

Old
  (#196)
allesclar
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Asus 1950XTX
Processor: Intel Quad Q6600
Mainboard: Asus P5N32-E SLI 680i
Memory: Corsair 8GB PC2-6400 XMS2
Soundcard: SB Audigy 2
PSU: Enermax Liberty 620W
Default 06-27-2017, 10:31 | posts: 5,314 | Location: England

dont see the appeal to be honest. Vaping can be just as bad for you i have read?

Old
  (#197)
Pyr0
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
Processor: Intel 6700K
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Deluxe
Memory: 16GB 3200C14 G.Skill TZ
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX/Logi Z-5400
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 06-27-2017, 10:36 | posts: 589 | Location: UK

You've read wrong, sorry.
Vaping is all about harm reduction.
Sure, it may not be completely "safe" but it's a magnitude better than combusting plant matter and inhaling all the tar and the chemicals & toxins they add to the tobacco.

Old
  (#198)
Repo Man
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default Yesterday, 05:52 | posts: 1,926 | Location: Oxford UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesclar View Post
dont see the appeal to be honest. Vaping can be just as bad for you i have read?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...andmark-review

Old
  (#199)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX 470
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Mainboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk
Memory: Corsair DDR4-2666
Soundcard: Realtek....
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default Yesterday, 06:39 | posts: 19,895 | Location: US East Coast

Quote:
The problem with regulations, is understanding. Regulations passed by people with no understanding of the product or industry they are trying to regulate, typically result in loss of jobs or complete failure of said industry. That's what the US is going through right now with BS "deeming" regulations where the FDA has decided that vaping products are the same as tobacco, yet want to regulate vaping products more strictly than they do tobacco products. Shops have been steadily closing since the regulations went into affect, even though the FDA claimed that their regulations would have no negative impact on jobs. The fee to have a single vaping product "approved" is higher than having any tobacco product "approved". The "approval" process for vaping products is also considerably longer than for tobacco products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooke View Post
I'm not sure there is anything related to internal burning in there either, however this is no new phenomena to me since I remember getting much hotter hits from the last remnants of a spliff.
This in no way invalidates your point and I would be interested to know if there are differences in the temperatures of the stuff we are inhaling.
Internal burning comes from improper use of tanks designed for high wattage, the use of high PG liquids or "drippers" used at "extreme" wattages. If the tank or atomizer suffers "spit back" at high wattages or high temperatures....internal burning is the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieTech View Post
Nicotine isn't the problem for all smokers. For some, it's the need to keep hands busy. For others, it's a dependency on those 3000+ additional chemicals that are added to cigarettes to increase addiction rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesclar View Post
It's actually a lot safer than people think, because people read studies based on false information or listen to people who read studies based on false information. Or they read studies funded by "big tobacco" who instruct researchers to operate vaping products outside of safe parameters.

To put things into perspective... Wine is safe in moderation. Wine is unsafe when consumed in excess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr0 View Post
You've read wrong, sorry.
Actually, he's not wrong. The older C4E style tanks that used silica wicks, if used improperly, had the potential to kill users faster than cigarettes. There was a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine about it a couple years ago. The study was funded by "big tobacco" with the intent of discrediting vaping and as such a C4E tank was run outside of safe parameters. When the old silica wicks are overheated, they produce a potentially deadly toxin. That's why silica is no longer being used in production of newer products. Unfortunately, there are still tanks available on the market that use silica wicks, which need to be banned.

Old
  (#200)
StewieTech
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI gtx 960 Gaming
Processor: i5 4670k [4.4]
Mainboard: AsRock z87 extreme3
Memory: Gskill Ripjaws 8gb [2133]
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DG
PSU: OCZ ZT 550W
Default Yesterday, 12:33 | posts: 1,885 | Location: Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Boom View Post
I really don't know how some of you managed to quit smoking, maximum I've ever held out without cigs is 3 days, and I was a nervous wreck throughout those 3 days lol!! Whenever I saw someone else smoke I was getting craves like crazy and going next to them to smell the smoke haha!

Good on you for the people that manage to hold out! But I'm not one of them... Guess I'm destined to die with lung cancer haha
Dude youīre stronger than you think. I was climbing walls for 5 months straight but i managed to quit. After 1 year youīre basically indifferent to smoking. If i managed to quit smoking, everyone can.