Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce This forum is all about NVIDIA graphics cards and related technology. Do you have a question regarding an older GeForce videocard? Likely we have the answer.

New Datapath VisionSC-DP2 capture card not detected as 2nd monitor??
Old
  (#1)
De-M-oN
Member Guru

Videocard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: Intel i7 3770k @ 4,1 ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Memory: Corsair 16 GB(CL7-1600mhz
Soundcard: Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe
PSU: Seasonic M12-600
Default New Datapath VisionSC-DP2 capture card not detected as 2nd monitor?? - 06-04-2017, 01:20 | posts: 61 | Location: Germany

Hi. Saying I'm frustrated is a understatement

I bought the Datapath VisionSC-DP2 Capture Card. I had the Vision DVI-DL before. The DVI card worked fine. But now with the new card:
Whatever I do I just get detected my monitor at nvidia control panel. I dont get the 2nd output :-( (both - monitor and capture card - are connected via Displayport.

With my previous card - the DVI-DL - it worked absolutely fine. But this card I'm so lost here. Nvidia detects only my monitor. I tested both inputs of the capture card, Displayport 2 and 3 of my graphics card, I tried a different displayport cable, but whatever I do - the capture card refuses to show up in nvidia control panel. Just my monitor is there :-(
With this problem I obviously cant clone the signal to the 2nd Output and so the capture card gets no signal obviously..
I could imagine that a DVI connection would work again, but DVI would kill the purpose of the card with its much lower datarate.

I hope someone can help :/

https://abload.de/img/desktop_2017_06_03_01bnsl0.png