Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Computer Monitor Forum
Computer Monitor Forum IPS Panels, Brands, Ultra HD, G-Sync, 144Hz, FreeSync it all is monitor related. This is the place where you can discuss all monitor related matters. Find help and information about high resolutions and refresh rates, VGA ti Display port connectors.

Old
  (#26)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 290X CF H2O
Processor: 5820K @ 4.3GHz 1.26V H2O
Mainboard: MSI X99S SLi Plus
Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Soundcard: Audio-GD NFB-11.32 +DT880
PSU: CM Silent Pro Hybrid 1300
Default 10-21-2014, 09:49 | posts: 4,320 | Location: Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagoatse View Post
Stalker series:
I'd write a proper report but as seen here https://github.com/OpenXRay/xray-16/...r_effgamma.cpp
dxgi gets called and color profiles are unfortunately ignored. Pertains all games in the series.
Working on DLL function call interception when I get done with my exams.

Old
  (#27)
JPulowski
Member Guru

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820
Mainboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Memory: 16GB 1600MHz GSKILL Ares
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI
PSU: SST-ST1200-G 1200W
Default 06-10-2015, 10:49 | posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post
Working on DLL function call interception when I get done with my exams.
Hey yasamoka, any update on DLL call interception? It would be nice to see ColorClutch's features on Color Sustainer. Unfortunately ColorClutch does not support 64-bit applications and the project seems to be dead. The Witcher 3 is one of the 64-bit games that ignore color profile in exclusive fullscreen mode. I have already opened up a thread on the official forums also submitted a report to the dev team. But to be honest I don't think they will care.

Old
  (#28)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru

Default 06-10-2015, 14:17 | posts: 4,320 | Location: Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPulowski View Post
Hey yasamoka, any update on DLL call interception? It would be nice to see ColorClutch's features on Color Sustainer. Unfortunately ColorClutch does not support 64-bit applications and the project seems to be dead. The Witcher 3 is one of the 64-bit games that ignore color profile in exclusive fullscreen mode. I have already opened up a thread on the official forums also submitted a report to the dev team. But to be honest I don't think they will care.
Thank you for the information. Sad to see Witcher 3 ignores color profiles. Have you tried meddling with any settings files? Sometimes hidden settings are responsible for ignoring color profiles.

As for progress on DLL call interception, I need some help from an experienced DX11 programmer to proceed.

Old
  (#29)
JPulowski
Member Guru

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820
Mainboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Memory: 16GB 1600MHz GSKILL Ares
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI
PSU: SST-ST1200-G 1200W
Default 06-10-2015, 17:02 | posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post
Thank you for the information. Sad to see Witcher 3 ignores color profiles. Have you tried meddling with any settings files? Sometimes hidden settings are responsible for ignoring color profiles.

As for progress on DLL call interception, I need some help from an experienced DX11 programmer to proceed.
Yes, I tried meddling. There might be a hidden command inside the script files, but I think it is hardcoded. In windowed or borderless windowed mode gamma options disappear from the menu and in fullscreen mode they appear.

For help, you might try contacting Crosire. He is the developer of ReShade, so he has all the necessary information. I was also talking to him about disabling SetGammaControl function in the future ReShade builds, but it would be better if it would be a part of Color Sustainer.

Old
  (#30)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru

Default 06-10-2015, 17:32 | posts: 4,320 | Location: Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPulowski View Post
Yes, I tried meddling. There might be a hidden command inside the script files, but I think it is hardcoded. In windowed or borderless windowed mode gamma options disappear from the menu and in fullscreen mode they appear.
Makes sense, that's the expected behavior of SetGammaControl(). It cannot work except in exclusive fullscreen.

Quote:
For help, you might try contacting Crosire. He is the developer of ReShade, so he has all the necessary information. I was also talking to him about disabling SetGammaControl function in the future ReShade builds, but it would be better if it would be a part of Color Sustainer.
Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll be in touch with him; we need DLL interception to work! Maybe we can share code eventually.

Old
  (#31)
dove
Master Guru

Videocard: Powercolor 6950 2GB
Processor: i5 4670k @4.4Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Z97-A
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Soundcard: Onboard Realtek
PSU: eVGA G2 750W
Default 06-12-2015, 15:06 | posts: 312 | Location: London

I wonder if the problems with Witcher 3 could be related to the GOG Galaxy overlay? It might be worth trying the fixes suggested here to see if they help: http://www.gog.com/support/the_witch...tc_not_working

Old
  (#32)
yudonglei16

Videocard: R9 290 4GB
Processor: intel core i3 530@4Ghz
Mainboard: gigabyte H55
Memory: DDR3 4GB
Soundcard:
PSU: seasonic S12II 520W
Default 05-27-2017, 16:29 | posts: 6 | Location: China

powerstrip solution used to work with my HD7750, but not my recent R9 290 any more. since entech team gave it up in 2012, "Write directly to palette DAC" function became not suitable for newer GPUs of AMD since GCN 2.0

Old
  (#33)
yudonglei16

Videocard: R9 290 4GB
Processor: intel core i3 530@4Ghz
Mainboard: gigabyte H55
Memory: DDR3 4GB
Soundcard:
PSU: seasonic S12II 520W
Default 05-27-2017, 16:37 | posts: 6 | Location: China

So have you found a better way to protect the color curve of desktop from this annoying DirectX-related function ?