Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Computer Monitor Forum
Computer Monitor Forum IPS Panels, Brands, Ultra HD, G-Sync, 144Hz, FreeSync it all is monitor related. This is the place where you can discuss all monitor related matters. Find help and information about high resolutions and refresh rates, VGA ti Display port connectors.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#26)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: 290X CF H2O
Processor: 5820K @ 4.3GHz 1.26V H2O
Mainboard: MSI X99S SLi Plus
Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Soundcard: Audio-GD NFB-11.32 +DT880
PSU: CM Silent Pro Hybrid 1300
Default 10-21-2014, 09:49 | posts: 4,320 | Location: Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagoatse View Post
Stalker series:
I'd write a proper report but as seen here https://github.com/OpenXRay/xray-16/...r_effgamma.cpp
dxgi gets called and color profiles are unfortunately ignored. Pertains all games in the series.
Working on DLL function call interception when I get done with my exams.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#27)
JPulowski
Member Guru
 
JPulowski's Avatar
 
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820
Mainboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Memory: 16GB 1600MHz GSKILL Ares
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI
PSU: SST-ST1200-G 1200W
Default 06-10-2015, 10:49 | posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post
Working on DLL function call interception when I get done with my exams.
Hey yasamoka, any update on DLL call interception? It would be nice to see ColorClutch's features on Color Sustainer. Unfortunately ColorClutch does not support 64-bit applications and the project seems to be dead. The Witcher 3 is one of the 64-bit games that ignore color profile in exclusive fullscreen mode. I have already opened up a thread on the official forums also submitted a report to the dev team. But to be honest I don't think they will care.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: 290X CF H2O
Processor: 5820K @ 4.3GHz 1.26V H2O
Mainboard: MSI X99S SLi Plus
Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Soundcard: Audio-GD NFB-11.32 +DT880
PSU: CM Silent Pro Hybrid 1300
Default 06-10-2015, 14:17 | posts: 4,320 | Location: Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPulowski View Post
Hey yasamoka, any update on DLL call interception? It would be nice to see ColorClutch's features on Color Sustainer. Unfortunately ColorClutch does not support 64-bit applications and the project seems to be dead. The Witcher 3 is one of the 64-bit games that ignore color profile in exclusive fullscreen mode. I have already opened up a thread on the official forums also submitted a report to the dev team. But to be honest I don't think they will care.
Thank you for the information. Sad to see Witcher 3 ignores color profiles. Have you tried meddling with any settings files? Sometimes hidden settings are responsible for ignoring color profiles.

As for progress on DLL call interception, I need some help from an experienced DX11 programmer to proceed.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
JPulowski
Member Guru
 
JPulowski's Avatar
 
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820
Mainboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Memory: 16GB 1600MHz GSKILL Ares
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI
PSU: SST-ST1200-G 1200W
Default 06-10-2015, 17:02 | posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post
Thank you for the information. Sad to see Witcher 3 ignores color profiles. Have you tried meddling with any settings files? Sometimes hidden settings are responsible for ignoring color profiles.

As for progress on DLL call interception, I need some help from an experienced DX11 programmer to proceed.
Yes, I tried meddling. There might be a hidden command inside the script files, but I think it is hardcoded. In windowed or borderless windowed mode gamma options disappear from the menu and in fullscreen mode they appear.

For help, you might try contacting Crosire. He is the developer of ReShade, so he has all the necessary information. I was also talking to him about disabling SetGammaControl function in the future ReShade builds, but it would be better if it would be a part of Color Sustainer.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#30)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: 290X CF H2O
Processor: 5820K @ 4.3GHz 1.26V H2O
Mainboard: MSI X99S SLi Plus
Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Soundcard: Audio-GD NFB-11.32 +DT880
PSU: CM Silent Pro Hybrid 1300
Default 06-10-2015, 17:32 | posts: 4,320 | Location: Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPulowski View Post
Yes, I tried meddling. There might be a hidden command inside the script files, but I think it is hardcoded. In windowed or borderless windowed mode gamma options disappear from the menu and in fullscreen mode they appear.
Makes sense, that's the expected behavior of SetGammaControl(). It cannot work except in exclusive fullscreen.

Quote:
For help, you might try contacting Crosire. He is the developer of ReShade, so he has all the necessary information. I was also talking to him about disabling SetGammaControl function in the future ReShade builds, but it would be better if it would be a part of Color Sustainer.
Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll be in touch with him; we need DLL interception to work! Maybe we can share code eventually.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#31)
dove
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Powercolor 6950 2GB
Processor: i5 4670k @4.4Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Z97-A
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Soundcard: Onboard Realtek
PSU: eVGA G2 750W
Default 06-12-2015, 15:06 | posts: 312 | Location: London

I wonder if the problems with Witcher 3 could be related to the GOG Galaxy overlay? It might be worth trying the fixes suggested here to see if they help: http://www.gog.com/support/the_witch...tc_not_working
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#32)
yudonglei16
Newbie
 
Videocard: R9 290 4GB
Processor: intel core i3 530@4Ghz
Mainboard: gigabyte H55
Memory: DDR3 4GB
Soundcard:
PSU: seasonic S12II 520W
Default 05-27-2017, 16:29 | posts: 6 | Location: China

powerstrip solution used to work with my HD7750, but not my recent R9 290 any more. since entech team gave it up in 2012, "Write directly to palette DAC" function became not suitable for newer GPUs of AMD since GCN 2.0
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#33)
yudonglei16
Newbie
 
Videocard: R9 290 4GB
Processor: intel core i3 530@4Ghz
Mainboard: gigabyte H55
Memory: DDR3 4GB
Soundcard:
PSU: seasonic S12II 520W
Default 05-27-2017, 16:37 | posts: 6 | Location: China

So have you found a better way to protect the color curve of desktop from this annoying DirectX-related function ?
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.