Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications 
Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications  Want to overclock that processor, videocard or even mainboard ? Wanna tweak the best out of your piece of hardware or have the means to design a killer case ? Get in here and pimp that rig man.

airflow calculation
Old
  (#1)
SentinelAeon
Master Guru

Videocard: 7950 HD
Processor: i5 2500K
Mainboard: ASUS P8 Z77-V LX
Memory: 8 GB DDR3
Soundcard: Sabre DAC
PSU: Corsair CX600 600W
Default airflow calculation - 05-20-2017, 13:36 | posts: 179

I have been thinking about airflow the other day and i just want to make sure i got a few things right. For this case, let us assume that all fans are equal and that we don't care about dust and positive/negative airflow. Lets say all fans are 10 cfm.

- If we put 1 fan in and 1 fan out, we would have a total airflow through the case of 10 cfm.
- if we put 2 fans in, we would have a total airflow of 20 cfm
- if we put 2 fans out, we would have a total airflow of 20 cfm

If what i wrote is indeed true, purely for airflow and lowest temp, easiest way to achive this would be to get all fans to blow in the same direction and make sure you get enough holes for the air to either get in or go out ? Again, for the sake of the argument, let us forget about the dust and purely think about airflow and temps.

Old
  (#2)
AATT
Member Guru

Videocard: Nano
Processor: 6700
Mainboard: Z170
Memory: 2x8 2400@10
Soundcard: USB
PSU: E10 500W
Default 05-27-2017, 14:33 | posts: 129

THE PERFECT AIRFLOW

For general reference.

Old
  (#3)
321Boom

Videocard: GTX980 Ti
Processor: i7-4790
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: ...
Default 06-27-2017, 10:20 | posts: 15

Wow!! That is an awesome find, thank you!! So many different options! Time to try turning that CPU cooler to blow out the back instead of up!