Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Processors and motherboards AMD
Processors and motherboards AMD Got a Phenom, FX or AMD APU based system or the means to buy one? You can discuss it in here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Asrock BIOS and 3200 mhz! ram
Old
  (#1)
x58haze
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 580 1.5
Processor: ryzen 5 1600
Mainboard: Asrock Fatality ab350 k4
Memory: Patriot Viper 3200 2x4 GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Thermaltake 775 bronce80+
Default Asrock BIOS and 3200 mhz! ram - 05-20-2017, 02:46 | posts: 152 | Location: Venezuela help us :(

Sorry for my English ^^,

Finally I got this ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 motherboard, but yeah the manual was kinda confusing, when comes to set properly the RAMS I ended up putting my viper kit dual channel 2x4 gb , into the socket A2, B2 I upgrade sucessfully my bios from 1.40 to latest 2.5. But I'm facing a problem, it seems that when I activate the Xmp 2.0 profile 1, it will slow down the boot time like crazy, and my cpu fan start to: turn on/off automatically ...

So i was wondering what can i do? should i overlock manually?

PCSPECS:

GPU: EVGA GTX 580 NVIDIA 1.5 GB
PSU: Thermaltake 775+bronce 80
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 3.2
RAM: Patriot Viper 3200mhz 2x4 GB model PV48G320c6k
CASE:Thermaltake v9 black edition

PS: Also I've notice a downgrade in
sound performance, compared to my old intel H55m-e33, which i don't have gaming headset, anyway hope someone can guidance me in order to fix or improve a little be the Ryzen experience among my old gtx 580 and new rams.. and also if someone can teach me to boost my SOUND, the creative 3 is ridiculous useless, it doesn't improve anything. Thanks