Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX, GPGPU etc.
Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX, GPGPU etc. In this section you can discuss general purpose application that run over your GPU, like transcoding, Physics simulation etc.

Nvidia Inspector not working -please help!
Old
  (#1)
Jimmy44

Videocard: Geforce 1070
Processor: Intel Core i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 650 watt
Default Nvidia Inspector not working -please help! - 04-05-2017, 17:24 | posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I'm really at my wits end trying to get Nvidia Inspector to work. I want to use the programme to improve antialiasing in my games, particularly the total war series. I am playing Warhammer and Attila. I have followed all the set up guides meticulously, updated my Geforce 1070 drivers, changed profile settings, I have tried everything but Nvidia Inspector has absolutely no effect on my game. It neither enhances AA nor overrides it. I have tried turning AA off in-game and setting up NVidia Inspector but I still get the jaggy lines - its as if Inspector is not talking to the graphics card.

I'm really down about it as I know Inspector would improve the quality of AA in total war.

I'd REALLY appreciate some tips or set up advice because I really don't know where to turn.

Many thanks!

James

Old
  (#2)
lexer98
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 1070 - WC
Processor: 4790k@4.5Ghz - WC
Mainboard: ASUS Z97-A
Memory: Corsair 16Gb - 2400mhz
Soundcard: Native Instrument Audio 2
PSU: Seasonic M12 750W
Default 04-05-2017, 17:36 | posts: 667 | Location: Argentina

If the engine of the game uses DX11> you can't force any AA method via NVIDIA Inspector, only work with DX9 games.
But you can try with a injector like reshade and enable SMAA or Nvidia DSR

Old
  (#3)
RealNC
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
Mainboard: MSI P67A-C43
Memory: DDR3 16GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, JBL Spot
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 04-05-2017, 18:30 | posts: 1,156

If the nvidia panel can't force AA, then neither can inspector (they are the same.)

The difference is that inspector allows you to apply so-called "anti aliasing flags" to enable other AA methods (like SGSSAA).

If your game has a known flag, then it should work. See this thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357956

Most modern games are not compatible with AA.

Old
  (#4)
Jimmy44

Videocard: Geforce 1070
Processor: Intel Core i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 650 watt
Default 04-06-2017, 08:20 | posts: 2

Thanks guys - I didn't realise Inspector didn't work with DX11 games?? Is that really the case? There seems to be no flags for Warhammer or Attila.

Old
  (#5)
RealNC
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
Mainboard: MSI P67A-C43
Memory: DDR3 16GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, JBL Spot
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 04-06-2017, 15:18 | posts: 1,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy44 View Post
Thanks guys - I didn't realise Inspector didn't work with DX11 games?? Is that really the case? There seems to be no flags for Warhammer or Attila.
Very few DX11 games work with flags. It seems these two games don't work either.

Most modern games use a 3D rendering method that is not compatible with multisample anti-aliasing (aka "MSAA", which is what the control panel and Inspector provide configuration options for), or would require more work from the game developers to make it compatible.

Unfortunately, that's the state of affairs these days.