xbox 360 for 99 $, but that's not where it ends!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2012.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    MS does what every company wants: to make money and to bind a client to a product. In this case they bind a client to the (old) 360 for the next 2 years. Within the next 2 years a new XBox will come out. I guess MS will figure out something to make ppl with an ongoin XBox live service pay a bit less for the new console. Or something like that.

3. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    [​IMG]

But seriously, a console that is on the brink of being obsolete for a wacko deal like that (where you don't save anything anyway) doesn't add up.

No thanks!

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its exactly like the phone companies are doing over here. i see nothing wrong about it , if there is still a choice.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I see nothing wrong with a lease agreement, they're really common anyway, the deal is pretty decent anyway

6. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Yup, exactly like the phone companies, as long as they give a choice, then why not?

7. DeeZaster

DeeZaster Member

GPU:
    Giga$h!']['E 660ti OC 2gb
    Those deals are usually money pits for the uniformed consumer. I'm one who always does my homework before I would spend money like that on a "deal" I have to sign up for. If they offer you a choice, thats just like Bubba coming up to some fresh meat and giving them the choice of being the Wife or the Husband, either way its a loose loose situation.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It's not buying the gold membership for 2 years. You have to pay a monthly subscription to access the premium features at $15 a month for 2 years. $15 x 24 months = $360.
    Anyone with half a brain sees that it is more expensive to go this route.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Meh, they'll be giving them away for free with phone contracts anyway. On lesser phones of course.

10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    How are they uninformed? If they're uninformed after this, they're ****ing stupid and were likely spending it on more retard pills anyway.

"Hi, Welcome to the MS Store, we have a deal going on right now where you can get an Xbox 360 for 99 dollars! Interested?"

"Well hells ya!"

"The deal does require you to commit to two years of Xbox Live at 14.99 per month, and if you're willing to do that, you can walk out of here with an Xbox 360 today for 99!"

"Well Gee M'am, everyone knows 14.99 times 2 years is 37 dollars, so let's do it!"

Come on, be real, no one is being faked out by this. Microsoft isn't being sneaky or assholish...They're just trying a different marketing strategy. Another option, to see what people want.

You should be applauding them for trying new ways, but you're not.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    True, but there are many out there with a quarter of a brain or less, and Microsoft knows it too. :eyebrows:

12. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    But someone who doesn't have the money to buy it at once, will be happily buying it that way..
    As mentioned before, the phone dealers are doing it the same way...

13. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    But then why not just buy the 360/kinect package during a deal/2nd hand and then just pay for live on a monthly basis (also remember 360/kinect pakages come with 3 months live and a game). It'd cost around the same and you wouldn't be tied to a contract with cancelation fees etc.

I just think it's great that this is only in MS stores, there is only 17 open in the US with 4 more coming soon, this at least means a huge amount of people won't have the option for this "deal".

14. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    If people cant stop the obvious mischief by MS, then how are we gonna to stop them then things will go more complicated..?
    And it will be that way, thats the nature of business.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm wondering what Microsoft will do when someone buys this $99 console, cancels their credit cards and never hooks it up to Live.
    Yes it's a contract like a cellphone but plenty of people get their service cut off for not paying. Microsoft can't disable the console if it isn't connected to the internet.

Maybe it will "phone home" once a month and if you didn't pay the bill the console will stop working.

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Wait wait wait.

Really? Someone bitching about 40 dollars over 2 years? Why do I even come to this freaking place.

It's essentially financing the damn thing for less than 2 dollars a month.

I didn't even realize the article spelled out just how much more it is.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Why is this posted here? this is in the wrong forum, there is a console gaming forum segregated from the PC gaming forum for a reason....

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It's not $40 over two years. It's $15 a month for 2 years which equals $360.

19. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    The total price difference is 40 dollars.

99+360 = 460

299+120 = 420

Total price difference between buying it this way, or buying a 4GB Xbox bundle + 2 years of XBL is 40 bucks. Less than 2 dollars per month.

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Ah I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Yes it isn't much difference, except the fact that you are tied to a monthly contract.

Also this is only the 4GB version so if you plan on downloading anything you need to buy a hard drive which is another $100.