GPU boot-time on ryzen build

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Deleted member 268800, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Hello guys, as the title says, I was testing my gtx 580 on my ryzen ring, the motherboard that i'm using is a Asrock fatality k4 gaming chipset ab350, now i discovery that... whenever i plug my samsung syncmaster t200 on dvi port on the left dvi por gtx 580, it seems that, the boot time to bios is around 6:54 seconds, but when i connect the same dvi cable to the right dvi of my gtx, the boot time become less... like 5:10 sec to 5:25? whys that o_O?

Sorry for my English.

PS: If someone knows a ways to tweaking this motherboard please help :p
    Ring:
    motherboard: Asrock Fatality k4 gaming ab350
    CPU: Ryzen5 1600
    RAM: Patriot 3200 (OC) currently using 2x4 8gigas 2667 mhz 16-15-15-5-32
    PSU: Thermaltake XT TP 775
    CASE: Thermaltake V9 black edition

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    maybe because the dvi ports initialize one after another?

it's always the mobo that is waiting for GPU signal... depending how quick the graphics card manages to initialize its ports...

is it a problem for you to use one port over the other?

edit: just that i understand you correctly. you are talking about a difference of ~5 vs. ~6 seconds?
    or do you say your PC boots in 6:54 minutes ???

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

3. When i test the dvi display port 2 of my gtx 580, it seems that it took around 6,48 seconds to boot to the bios

But when i connect the dvi cable into the display port 1 in my GTX, the boot time become more fast, like 4,50 to 5,15 seconds to bot to bios ^^,

4. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    yes. so is there a problem with using port 1?
    (port 1 just gets initialized earlier than port 2)

5. Yes is kinda annoying monitor always like changing from: Analog to Digital, analog to digital, analog to digital, like 3 times

when connecting to the gtx display por 1 or 2, only that port 2 has a less latency or something?

Wish i can figure a way to configure my monitor or see whats the problem of why mi monitor is always swaping analog to digital, if i only have a DVI cable connected and not the VGA?, also my monitor is set to digital and not vga :s

I always see youtube videos people by booting their pc with monitors, and it doesnt seems to happen to them o.o

how i can look for info? to avoid that annoying delay of analog to dvi etc

6. Look what i found o_O
    [​IMG]

Now according to to the first image, it seems that my monitor panel is built
    in DVI-D dual link port 24pins
    [​IMG]

But apparently it seems that i have a wrong dvi cable DVI-D SINGLE(18pins)

[​IMG]

And finally but not least, my gtx 580 is built in DVI-I Dual link (24pins) u.u
    [​IMG]

So at the end of the day, seems like i will need like a DVI cable that is built in: DVI-D dual + DVI-I dual, and maybe with that, my monitor will feel more responsiveness i guess and i would be able to overclocking more than 75 hz :C

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    The only difference between the extra pins is the one with more pins gives analogue support(i.e. same as a VGA connector)

You're not getting any benefit of using that analogue connector.

DVI-D is the correct connector.

8. Yeah i guess that the extra DVI-i pins from my gtx 580 ports, stands for an adapter dvi-i that convert VGA into DVi-I right?

But my monitor actually has 2 display ports
    One for VGA
    Other for DVI-D Dual, so that's the reason i made this post

I've read that is required a Dual dvi-d, in order to overclock monitors to 120 hz or 144 hz, because the required more than 165 MHZ single cable DVI/D and thats the reason people use Dual DVI-D monitor cables

So I though what about if i get a Dual DVI-D to connect in the dvi display port of mi monitor and then connect to the gtx 580, maybe i would be able to get more than 77 hz? or maybe not, because of monitor error message (no optimal mode)

this is a t200 monitor built in VGA display port and Dual DVI-D port

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No, optimal mode is monitor detecting out of frequency and shuts it off.

Higher bandwidth cable won't help that.

You would get weird artifacts if you were lacking bandwidth.

10. Oh i get it bro, actually i can get those weird arctifacts that you mention when trying to reach 77 hz for 1680x1050 at nvidia control panel by using automatic timing, but if put in CVT reduce black, it does perfect, it will accept the 77 hz without any artifacts, ToastyX recommends me hes software CRU custom resolution unit something like that, also explains me about the dvi things
    And yep i guess thats all for my monitor 77 hz the maximum xD

My firmware just doesn't allow me to push more than 77 hz, by prompting or pop up that message, (no optimal mode) xD! aff wish i can achieve at least 100 hz at 1024 x 768 it would be so cool for FPS games