Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I don't know, i mean the Wii U had a fan in it, so if the switch is more powerful that the U how are they cooling this thing, does it only require cooling while sitting in the caddy, is that were the cooling stuff is, and is that why it down clocks to half the speed when you take it out, still some stuff we don't really know about it.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Cooling is in the screen part itself, the dock is just a tv connector and breakout port really. As for if the fan runs in portable mode, who knows, if it does it's not fast

It clocks down to save power, its running on battery

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I'd still find it quite surprising if it downclocked itself as much as the rumors claim it does. Would kinda kill the "portability" aspect... but then again, I can't imagine myself really taking it anywhere to play it anyway.

and styckx.... Since when has any Legend of Zelda been about visual quality? No Man's Zelda? Can tell you one thing. Breath of the Wilds will have one thing by the plethora that NMS is STILL incredibly lacking..... content, replayability.... hell, gameplay.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I am assuming that the machine is primarily a portable system, and what you get while docked or undocked will be the same, but docking the unit might simply be there to allow some extra stuff like AA/AF and a few more FPS and even upscaling to 1080p, while the unit is being played on a TV........i assume.....as those thing's would not really be a issue when it is running on the small screen.

But as i said, i am just assuming, it might be a powerhouse and Ninty might be about to change console gaming forever. ha

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Ue4 build settings

In dock:

High 1080p, FXAA
    Processor 1020 MHz
    GPU 768 MHz

Handheld:

Medium 720p, 'faster FXAA'
    Processor 1020 MHz
    GPU 307,2 MHz

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I still say i'd believe that when i see it. Sounds a little absurd to downclock the GPU that far just having it out of the dock, especially if all the dock is essentially there for is to allow it to be connected to a TV.

And i have to say that i'm LOVING the video's i'm finding on Youtube of people playing Legend of Zelda songs on different instruments. Here's a pretty nice piano composition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQvXmgqYPNE

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So its almost time it will be revealed!

Im hoping too see some progress here by Nintendo, meaning:

-scrapping friend codes and use a more friendly system like Xbox One and Playstation 4.
    -upgrading their system menus being more user friendly.
    -upgrading their internet network (higher speeds) and more games in the store.
    -Being able to voice chat and send messages without any interference.
    -Streaming is hot, so its gotta be there
    -Being able to play music while gaming
    -Media support (player , 4k , HDR ?)

If its just about going outside and being able to play with friends they have shot themselves in the foot. Not many people will do that.

[​IMG]

This Image is so cringe

Anyways what is your POV ?

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Errr...join those 2 Switch machines together and allow the device to open like that?

They could call it the Switch DS.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    How are two people going to be playing split screen on that, unless you got bionic eyes to see the detail. lol

(Yes i made a reference to a 70's tv show, sue me for getting old). lol

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ok.. I can't.. this console is doomed..

I mean.. fark off Nintendo.. 30 minutes now and you're show casing a farking Wii U original.. fark off.. You're done.. 30 farking minutes.. Consumers at most will decide to buy or not to buy in 5 minutes.. 30 minutes later you're showcasing the saving grace to your previous console which is like saying Crazy Taxi saved the Dreamcast from Arcades..

I can't.. This is a disaster.. GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK

Same old bull****

11. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Even this Mario game looks terrible.. Holy crap Wii (THE ORIGINAL) graphics and design looked better.

What in the holy hell.. This is bad... Goodnight Nintendo.. Nice knowing you...

12. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I can't anymore.. Skyrim on Switch looks like they ported it to Dreamcast.. This is an absolute disaster..

GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    That was the absolute worst console launch hype presentation I've ever watched...

Not buying.. Terrible... Every game looked ****, you gave us nothing we already didn't know and for christ sakes you don't even know when Zelda, you're last bastion of cash being released..

RIP Nintendo..

14. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey looked great to me. The Switch seems powerful enough for the games I want to see and I do like the things Nintendo put into it. The price, though ($300) I hope doesn't translate to too much more than £250 over here. I actually think the price is only "ok". £200 would've been much better.

Oh and Zelda looks good too, suprisingly. Zelda will be available on release day.

p.s. 3 posts styckx? Move on, it's obviously not your cup of tea.

15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    They may have? I don't farking know.. I got lost in the tsumami of terrible looking games and shoved down our throat gimmicks combined with the reality show type pivot points...

All I waliked away with from that is "DETACHABLE CONTROLLERS.. WE'RE NINTENDO... MOTION.. BTW DID WE MENTION WE'RE NINTENDO YET?"

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    First off, let's keep it clean guys.

Second, breath of the wild literally made me cry. Preorded.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Looks fantastic, pre ordered it and breath of the wild

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im totally unimpressed by the switch. The WII U already proved that 32GB is way too low.
    Launch games will be Zelda ,I Am Setsuna ,Just Dance, super bomberman and 12 Switch. mario kart 8 rehash april 28th UGH!!!!!!!!!

games in development: Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssy (looked great but somewhat awkward), streetfigher 2 rehash , fifa 13!!!! , farming simulator , minecraft , Project: Octopath Traveler (new rpg by square enix) , dragon quest 10 and 11 , dragon quest heroes 1 +2 , xenoblade 2, skyrim, arms.

Seems like Nintendo continued right where they stopped with the WII U!
    rehash old games and release a exclusive once in a while.

Im totally skipping this , especially since im already playing Zelda on the WII U, and knowing Nintendo, the versions between units will be identical.

a set of those Switch Joy-con controllers wll cost € 100 here btw , seems the peripherals are quite expensive.

mario kart 8 steering wheel

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    So 300€ without a decent controller (Pro)??? Decent controller that costs another 70€???

And games at 60€ with weak graphics?!....

And an online service that only lets you play NES/SNES for a limited time as a reward instead of giving them to the customer???

The only decent things from this presentation are Mario and Zelda...

This looks like an epic fail (another one) from Nintendo...

I just hope they release a mini SNES so i can have some fun from Nintendo.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    They showed hardware mainly, and a few games.

And you call this a fail already?

Nothing has been mentioned about online, virtual console games, and there will more than likely be more launch titles soon.

Seriously people these days are so negative towards everything the moment they see it.

Makes no sense.

The console alone and zelda are worth the entry price.