Radeon R9 290 Performance Figures Leak

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Though we can't be sure about the validity of these benchmarks, OCUK decided to leak the results for the Radeon R9-290 (non x model). In a chart where they convientiently 'blur' the 290 results. T...

Radeon R9 290 Performance Figures Leak

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    This looks the more interesting card to me, esp if they can keep the thermals better controlled. At an expected price of $450? should be the real winner of the two.

3. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    wait for asus 290X CuTop with the trippel slot cooler or just go h2o :)

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ye i am thinking the same. We just have to wait until the end of the next week. It either this or 280x/7970 for me!

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If you can wait for custom design cards, the 290 is the one to go for, incredible value for money.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    if is as good as it seems to be I'll be surprised if Nvidia dont lower price no?

What I am interested in now is how the 290x and 290 overclock under H20 because if the 290's overclock well I'll be happy with one of them and save a bit of cash..

Although in the long run I want something for 27inch sceen, although could add a second in a yrs time.

Suppose 850w will still cover it either way...

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well thats the plan, wait for those bad boys and hopefully they wont be too pricey. As it stands 290(non x) is a priority!

8. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Nvidia must be real sad for not being able to rip people off anymore on Titan :) This could be great xmass for everyone willing to upgrade. R290 will surely be the winner.
    Let's hope that Maxwell will kick the performance up a proper bit so that AMD will have to come out with something really cool. Hopefully this time it won't be so late.Think they have spent too much time lately messing with consoles and that took it's toll.Now they shouldn't really have problems like that.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    If you want incredible value for money, cockers are doing the Asus 7990s for only £399!!! :eek:

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, it will be an interesting time.

11. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    I would have bought one of those instantly if they were even close to being in stock.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This is a definitely winner card right there. Performance/price should be amazing, fast as 780, cost like an 770.

13. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    I don't know m8... All this AMD launch is envolved in a cloud of oddness.
    They said the same thing about R9 290X out-of-the-box beating the GTX 780 but, is not what we are seeing from real world owners. I have just came from OC.net forums and the R9 290X benchmark scores are NOT beating the GTX 780 benchmark scores. In fact, they are all waiting for watercooled R9 290Xs to step up and prove AMD and reviewers right.
    It seams there are two kinds of R9 290X: the one reviewers got and the one users are getting.
    To add this, OC3D and a couple others, are saying quite the opposite. That GTX 780 is an overall better card, that overclocks better and performs better.

That being said, if this R9 290 results prove to be true, then, I agree. It will be the the big winner, indeed!

Let's only hope it's true!

14. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    It might be that when the card ships it is in silent mode and needs to be changed.

15. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    $ilent from OCN with his 290x at 1125/1450 on air.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's to note Gibbo achieved 1200/1600 on his 290 i assume on water also. It seems the cards are fine they just have an extremely inadequate reference cooling solution.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

16. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    1200/1600 no volt mod? Sounds great, wonder what temps are under water and how far these will go with some volts added

17. arterius2

arterius2 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 680
    why would anyone run this card on anything besides the silent mode? it throttles like a lunatic on uber mode and its freaking 50+db from a meter away, that's like having a vacuum cleaner going off in the other room at all times, after some long gaming sessions you are going to want to rip out the damn card and toss it out of the window.

18. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    If you want this on air wait for custom cooling. If your going straight to water get one. If your like me and will be using it on air but plan on water wait for customs. I want a 290 lightening edition.

19. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    scan.co.uk have the XFX 7990 in stock @ £371.75

Curiously the e-mail I got the link from them claimed it has a Free 750w PSU with it. (and ofc the 3 Free games)

Maybe there was an error in that mail, sounds too good to be true!

If I had the spare cash I would be calling them ;)

BTW : Gibbo got his 1,200 using the Asus BIOS which allows voltage adjustment ;)

OC3D had some odd results in their testing giving Much lower results than other sites, but even so their 290X did pretty well - just not as well as Tom's example for example. and he Really didn't like the reference cooler xD
    I am actually pretty curious why his results were So Much worse than others - I know TTL is a Genuine guy who reports what he sees ofc!

I am also holding out to see how the R9-290 turns out - Might even be able to afford one soon if Lucky!!! (going to miss that 7990 sale though -.-)

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    @blackops2 thks been checking out that thread.

we need some guru's now with feedback..