PC-Problems (need some advice)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by exedrin, Aug 26, 2014.

1. exedrin

exedrin Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 650Ti
    Nobody else has an advice ? :(

2. Markan1500

Markan1500 Guest

GPU:
    radeon 4870 512mb
    Hi. You need to flash your motherboard BIOS to 1.50 version. I had same problem after updating BIOS to 1.60. Games lag evry 2 seconds. Roll back to 1.50 and evrything will be faster. i hope this helps :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. exedrin

exedrin Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 650Ti
    Hey there,

unfortunately i tried that already but i will do it again (since iam not sure if i tested 1.50, maybe it was 1.40) ... also i had the bios on 1.60 before the problems where there but definitely i will give it a try when i install my new SSD (bought one today) and reinstall my OS once again!

Thx so far and i will report back if it fixed it, if it's fixed you deserve a thousand cookies!

edit: Still the same issue :( ... got a Samsung SSD and reinstalled whole OS once again on that SSD with 1.50 MB-Bios, optimized everything for SSD-usage, downloaded all fresh drivers and so on and so on. :(

Greetz
    eXe

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  4. exedrin

exedrin Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 650Ti
    Some suggestions of what to buy next month considering it can only be one part? ... MB, CPU, RAM, PSU ? :)

Personally i tend to a new motherboard since i anyway dont really like the one i got, drivers are totally outdated, bios is crap and the board itself is also not the best, probably never ASRock again, maybe a Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3?!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Nobody knows the source of your troubles. So any suggestion will be a guess. Start with motherboard as it is the base for all other components.

6. exedrin

exedrin Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 650Ti
    Yea dont worry mate i wont come here and offend you because your suggestion was wrong or anything, thing is i must start somewhere and i have no freakin clue where the "problem" lies so any suggestion is fine for me ... As far as i know myself it will be the last part anyway regardless of which order i change them :) :rock:

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I was not offended (I don`t scare to be offended). I just explained the silence in this thread. Any advise would be a generic and theoretical.

8. Alasander

Alasander Guest

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 680GTX
    when it comes to buying components, i always buy the PSU 1st, that way, i can be sure that the power is available should the wattage of a new MB and CPU GPU is increased.

i would go PSU then HDD then MB and CPU together.

9. exedrin

exedrin Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 650Ti
    Hello guys,

since my problem is still not fixed yet i thought i will bring this thread up again, what i did last weeks:

- Bought SSD and installed OS + the 2 games iam playing on it - highspeed boot now and ultrafast loadingtimes but problem was still there
    - Bought new mainboard, everything fresh installed, still the same issue (even tho i have to say when it comes to hardcore teamfights and such i have generally even more stable fps then before which is the reason why i dont give the mainboard back to get something else!
    - Checked the ram again, tested both sticks one by one, no faults on memtest & prime, on both sticks still same problem
    - Tested arround onethousand different biossettings and versions
    - And of course half of that other stuff i tested even before already, different drivers, combinations etc.

So now there is only CPU, eventually Ram (but i think its not the problem) and PSU left, any suggestions or other problem-solvings i did not try yet ? ... Iam tending to buy a new CPU next month and if the problem still occurs iam gonna bring that back and get new ram instead, what you think ?

Please dont forget i tryed basically EVERYTHING already so please dont tell me to clean my pc or disable services and similar, ty :D

Greetings
    eXe

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  10. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti

I'm having a hard feeling that League of Legends itself is at fault. I mean you basically tried everything there is and thats such a subtle yet precise issue. If there was anything wrong with the PSU/CPU then there'd be far more general symptoms and not every time a ward gets placed.

Good luck in the future though.

11. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    have you tried to clean your PC yet ? maybe malware virus ? .... sorry couldn't resist :)

12. exedrin

exedrin Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 650Ti
    Thx mate but its not only LoL but also Smite and some other games, mostly online games with heavy population or fast paced!

:banana:

Greetz
    eX