Biostar Hi-Fi B85N 3D / Pentium G3258 20th Anniversary Editi

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MOAB, Aug 25, 2014.

1. MOAB

MOAB Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 950 Sniper OC
    Biostar Hi-Fi B85N 3D

[​IMG]

Support the Intel 4th generation Core i7 and Core i5 processors in the 1150 package
    Intel B85 single chip architecture
    Support 2-DIMM DDR3-1600/1333up to 16G maximum capacity
    On board HDMI supported 4K2K resolution enables high-definition image display
    100% Solid Capacitors
    BIOSTAR Hi-Fi 3D Technology
    Built-in powerful headphone Amplifier
    mSATA/Mini PCI-E Combo Connector
    Intel SBA(Small Business Advantage) Technology
    Intel Rapid Start Technology
    Intel Smart Connect Technology

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=671

Can I overclock a Pentium G3258 with this? They say that
    you can OC that certain CPU with a B85 or even an H81. Thanks!

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I feel like I remember seeing that the Z series chip sets are the only ones guaranteed to have overclocking supported.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Unless it is an Asus board either an H87 or h97 can support OCing of the new Pentium Chip with a BIOS upgrade if I am not mistaken. But if you want out of the box OCing then you want to get a Z based board.

4. MOAB

MOAB Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 950 Sniper OC
    I guess the reason I will be getting a cheapo Pentium K is because I also want it to be installed in an affordable motherboard. If it would be possible then I would be able to save a couple of bucks for a next build. :)

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Ive thought about getting this chip or the Amd A10 7850k, I guess it depends which bundle I find cheeper. But the a10 will allow me to at least play some games until I have enough for a decent Gpu, thats whats turning me off from the Intel at thos point.But the price is Really nice I must admit.

6. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Sorry for double post but roughly 4 amd cores equal 2 intel cores and that just sucks, but for Gaming point of view I must say the 7850k just rocks, Granted the Intel would give more Fps with a better gpu then the amd but like I said it will buy me some time to play.I might pick one of these up afterwards just to test it out using the same Hardware, I can bet Intel will come out on top as usual.

Are you guys just using air-Coolers with these pentiums?Or is water a must?

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I think Hilbert when he did the review of the Unlocked Pentium Chip he ran it on Air cooling if I am not mistaken and got it up to 4.7ghz /w 1.44V. and I think up to 4ghz on stock Voltages on Air cooling.

8. MOAB

MOAB Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 950 Sniper OC

I think it's not appropriate to compare this pentium to a 7850K. the apu costs $170 and the pentium costs 70. with the $100 difference you can get yourself a GTX 750 or perhaps an r7 260x.

Planning to put it in a small case so i'm thinking of getting a low profile cooler from cooler master.

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    That'd be an excellent HTPC and you could probably touch 1080p gaming with that, seeing as my 570 is roughly around what the 750ti can pull. The 570 can handle a good amount of stuff at 1080p.

Enjoy the rig and have fun overclocking

10. MOAB

MOAB Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 950 Sniper OC
    Thanks man. Both 570 and 750Ti can handle games @ full reso, but the huge difference comes into power consumption.

11. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Absolutely! If I could, I'd gladly take a ti over mine since this thing idles at like 50C driving my 1440p monitor and it cries when I run Skyrim and stuff. So not only will it handle stuff with ease, it'll be quiet :)

12. MOAB

MOAB Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 950 Sniper OC
    intel, amd, nvidia are now focusing on making their stuff powerful at the same time, energy efficient. I guess it's about time for us to take that advantage.