Help.. can't install LtcyCfg3-x86.msi

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Captainzen, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Captainzen

Captainzen Guest

GPU:
    Aspire 6930g 4.00 GB
    I have tryed to install LtcyCfg3-x86.msi and it always shows error instalation process, and to be sure I am administrator. Well I am administrator, and it will not recognise that. What can I do?
    Any help will be appreciated. Please forward an answer to my e-mail captainzen-@hotmail.com as I may have a hard time locating it here on the forum.

2. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    So you can have a list of working e-mail addresses to be included on a spam list?
    No thanks.

"May have a hard time locating your own thread"...what bollocks.

3. Captainzen

Captainzen Guest

GPU:
    Aspire 6930g 4.00 GB
    I can't believe this. I am asking for help, and I get a response about spam e-mails? Thanks a lot people. This forum seems to be more like a social acupation, anotherwords a cham.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It's not that, it's general forum etiquette not to give out your email address. It is to protect you from other people spamming you, and more importantly it stops people replying to people's email addresses only to have their email spammed.

This etiquette applies to all forums, not just this one. Putting your email in the post IS LIKE TALKING IN CAPITALS, IT'S SHOUTING, UNNECESSARY, AND CONSIDERED RUDE. There are only specific circumstances where you can 'shout' to capitalise on a specific point.

The other point is, why should people go to the effort of sending an email, without the knowledge of if someone else has given you the relevant information previously? It's also not out of the realms of possibility that someone posting an email address in the hope of harvesting emails for spam will defend themselves if questioned, to make themselves appear genuine in order to hopefully harvest more emails.

'A tree has many branches. The higher you climb, the harder it is to climb higher. You can only start climbing if your feet have already left the ground'
    . As a first post, your feet were firmly on the ground. It is only with time and good posting will you begin to climb the tree of trust.

Now, in answer to your question, what do you need the latency configurator for? It is only useful for adjusting PCI (not PCI-E) latencies. Some people may have found it useful for sound cards previously (apparently). I can't remember if it also does AGP, I'm pretty sure it is only useful for PCI.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013

5. mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7870+2509M+2511X
    The other poster is correct, it is very bad form to ask people to give/use their emails to help.

You may be honest and new at this, but other, bad people, will use it to collect emails to sell to spammers.

GuRU3D has private messaging system, you can ask others to leave message on private for you, just saying...

That said, try this:

Right-click the program and:

1) "run as administrator"
    2) run in xp mode-right click program.properties.second tab on top is compadability.put check in "run this program in compadability mode for(start with XP sp3)

That "should" resolve your issues.

6. Captainzen

Captainzen Guest

GPU:
    Aspire 6930g 4.00 GB
    Finally, thank you for a proper response. Although there is more criticism on my puting in e-mail then tecnical help. I was not aware that you could not do that, but that now is clear.
    On the subject at hand, when I right click on the installer package run as administrator does not show neither does compatability on properties. There must be somthing wrong with the Installer. Can you give a link for an installer that has these options please.

7. mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7870+2509M+2511X
    These options are in the operating system, not the program..just saying

When you right click on the installer, you should get a drop down menu:
    Open
    run as admin
    properties .left click properties a box should appear saying program.exe properties.
    there should be 6 tabs on the top of the box.
    the second tab should say"Compadability"...left click it..about 1/3 of the way down you should see"Compadability mode" on left hand side and below it check box and next to the box"run this program in compadability mode for..in the drop down try picking "windows xp (service Pack 3) click apply and ok at the bottom of the box.

NOW, right click the program and left click "run as administrator"

This "should" solve your issues.

8. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    MSI-files can't be run as an admin by right-clicking the MSI. Instead , open an elevated command prompt and try to run the MSI from there. It is possible to change the Compatibility mode though, by right-clicking the MSI and selecting "Troubleshoot Compatibilty". I'm currently on Win8 though.

@OP: what is the error you are getting? I suspect the MSI being corrupted though.
    EDIT: you could try to disable UAC (User Account Control) and install the MSI. After that, reenable UAC.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  9. Captainzen

Captainzen Guest

GPU:
    Aspire 6930g 4.00 GB
    I found the dam switch (for the account control). Thank you. It now has installed.
    Thanks again

PS : Can you guys remove my e-mail from my first post? Really, I don't know where my head was.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013